No driver input......no driver participation

Limper

Out For Delivery
It always amazes me now that peak is approaching and considering last year's disaster, that management has zero interest in driver's insight or
opinions on how to better get thru peak.

Is it arrogance or stupidity that prevents them from asking our thoughts,
especially the senior drivers.

Well, if we go down in flames it's on them.

Packmule

True to an extent here. If I proactively offer my thoughts, they'll listen, but doubtful they would follow through until after service failures occur.

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
They are puppets (OCs & CMs). No original thoughts... They get told what to say at PCM word for word from a corporate email...

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I know ways peak could go easier. I have always thought, give the rookies, the business, and pick ups, and let the ones with area knowledge bite into the resis early. That way no flurry of dfus , and no way can a rookie deliver resi as fast as we can. Businesses are easy to find, as are pickups. And we could give a list of the description of delivery points, and pu points, alot easier than telling them where its ok to leave stuff and where it is not.

idrivethetruck

Slow & steady wins the race.
Like "Shift Inhibit" stated, they are puppets. If it's not coming from corporate, they won't do it, they're not allowed. We had a center manager a couple years ago who actually cared for his drivers. One day, when corporate said he could only put in 40 routes, he told us in the PCM that he was tired of overworking us so he dispatched 42 routes. He was terminated and walked out the gate by security the next day!

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
I know ways peak could go easier. I have always thought, give the rookies, the business, and pick ups, and let the ones with area knowledge bite into the resis early. That way no flurry of dfus , and no way can a rookie deliver resi as fast as we can. Businesses are easy to find, as are pickups. And we could give a list of the description of delivery points, and pu points, alot easier than telling them where its ok to leave stuff and where it is not.

This works exceptionally well as my on road has done this for my loop since he became my on road 3 years ago.

We have a seasonal route that does nothing but businesses until 3-4. He then a has P/Us and boxes until 645 and heads in. Meanwhile all the regular guys have 20-30 businesses and the blast resis after noon until 7 or later with few if no P/Us.

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
Like "Shift Inhibit" stated, they are puppets. If it's not coming from corporate, they won't do it, they're not allowed. We had a center manager a couple years ago who actually cared for his drivers. One day, when corporate said he could only put in 40 routes, he told us in the PCM that he was tired of overworking us so he dispatched 42 routes. He was terminated and walked out the gate by security the next day!
Not our boss. He consistently puts in extra routes and asks us to get it done.

We do.

Because he still believes in acting like a partner and we all still act like professional drivers

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I highly doubt the two were related.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I'm really surprised he was terminated. I know a center manager just like that but usually they just get shipped to hell.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Our center has been very proactive in their Peak preparation plans. We have lost only one driver (retirement) and have gained 10-12. A lot of new faces at our PCM's.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
It always amazes me now that peak is approaching and considering last year's disaster, that management has zero interest in driver's insight or
opinions on how to better get thru peak.

Is it arrogance or stupidity that prevents them from asking our thoughts,
especially the senior drivers.

Well, if we go down in flames it's on them.

You talkin' crazy!