No Flr 1,2,3,4

The Blackadder

Are you not amused?
They CAN put that bulk stop back on the floor. We have a few floor stops that were put on the shelf because of a low avg of pieces. Mgt is manually over riding some of these stops, putting back on the floor for exactly the reason you described.

Yes they can and my MGMT. team told me they would fix this stop so that it wont happen again, what gets me PO'd is the idiots who come up with this idea in the first place, everyone knew from the would go with this it was going to be a huge fail, well everyone who has ever driven a PC. Sadly the fools that come up with this thinking live in an office playing with a computer.

Everyone should be required to spend 1 year in a PC before they get to be MGMT.

The Blackadder

Are you not amused?
Today was my first day of dealing with this new initiative. It was a bit frustrating at first but thankfully there wasn't too much bulk. I would raise hell if they threw a 55 piece bulk stop on to a shelf.

I did, but guess what the next day I was asked why I was over 10, and 2 why I was . 8 paid over when I tend to be .2 .3 under, ugh!

YesYouDidPushAButton

This is now going on in my center this week. The idea is sound, but not practical. My very first stop of the day is a Toyota Dealership, dock door, RDC with airs with 4-5 large nda packages and a couple grounds. Now it's mixed in the 6000 shelf anywhere it fits. Now my first stop went from 1-2 minutes with a pee and a cup of coffee in the waiting room to 6-8 minutes just digging out each pkg, no quick pee, no coffee. :nobrainzombis: Than frustration that I cant find them, than the sweat first thing in the morning from standing in the truck.

I have a fire sprinkler company, they get huge pieces of pipe, spools of wire, heavy boxes of bolts, etc. Typically less than 5 boxes per day, mostly irregs. Used to be RDL, I would pull up after Toyota, they walk out to the back of the truck, I roll up the door, we all grab one, they sign, I'm out. Now it's loaded on my 1000 shelf, anywhere it fits, and my whole 1000 shelf is on the floor. Now I have to dig through the front of the truck where stuff wasnt piled up before while the guys that used to help me unload their big heavy stuff, stands out the side door and watches me struggle to find and pull stuff out.. I have a rug shop on FL1, less than 5 pieces, I now have 4 rugs on my 4000 shelf with boxes loaded on top of them :groooansmileyf:

YesYouDidPushAButton

I've thought about this too, only a little different. I'm in a big center here in South Florida. we have feeders that run 6 hours back up the state every morning. My last day I'm going to hide my package car ON THE PROPERTY (NO THEFT) probably mix it in with the red tag trucks (we have 20-30 at any one given time) and put my diad under the seat of a feeder. Than they see no stops getting done and see it traveling hours up the state lol

The day before I retire I'm gonna hide my Diad in the back of a mail truck and watch dispatch wonder why I keep stopping every 30 seconds.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
This is now going on in my center this week. The idea is sound, but not practical. My very first stop of the day is a Toyota Dealership, dock door, RDC with airs with 4-5 large nda packages and a couple grounds. Now it's mixed in the 6000 shelf anywhere it fits. Now my first stop went from 1-2 minutes with a pee and a cup of coffee in the waiting room to 6-8 minutes just digging out each pkg, no quick pee, no coffee. :nobrainzombis: Than frustration that I cant find them, than the sweat first thing in the morning from standing in the truck.

I have a fire sprinkler company, they get huge pieces of pipe, spools of wire, heavy boxes of bolts, etc. Typically less than 5 boxes per day, mostly irregs. Used to be RDL, I would pull up after Toyota, they walk out to the back of the truck, I roll up the door, we all grab one, they sign, I'm out. Now it's loaded on my 1000 shelf, anywhere it fits, and my whole 1000 shelf is on the floor. Now I have to dig through the front of the truck where stuff wasnt piled up before while the guys that used to help me unload their big heavy stuff, stands out the side door and watches me struggle to find and pull stuff out.. I have a rug shop on FL1, less than 5 pieces, I now have 4 rugs on my 4000 shelf with boxes loaded on top of them :groooansmileyf:
Mgt CAN fix that. I have a RDL that is still in place because mgt made it that way.

OVERBOARD

Don't believe everything you think
Mgmt can fix that, but it usually takes a new Mgmt team coming in to do it. I've ask for a certain stop to be loaded RDL and that's was over a year ago, I gave up saying anything about it, matter of fact I don't say anything about the load anymore or EDD. If Mgmt wants to make my day a little longer that's fine with me I get paid by the hour.

rocket man

my rdr and rdls are 3000 7000 now its a total mess another month when theses stops start getting 60 to 70 pkgs like they do very summer they might as well just throw the pkgs where ever they want. today left building at 0955 i can see a lot of dup stops all day long . our center 9/5 is 930

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
my rdr and rdls are 3000 7000 now its a total mess another month when theses stops start getting 60 to 70 pkgs like they do very summer they might as well just throw the pkgs where ever they want. today left building at 0955 i can see a lot of dup stops all day long . our center 9/5 is 930
Those numbers don't add up. If you are saying that you are at 9.5 hrs at 9:30pm and assuming you have a 30 min lunch then your start time wouldn't be until 11:30am. Even if you have a 1 hour lunch then your start time would be 11am. You posted that you left the building at 9:55. Your numbers don't add up.

'Lord Brown's bidding'

Mgt CAN fix that. I have a RDL that is still in place because mgt made it that way.

Know what else can fix that? Training. And if supervisors aren't able to do it....If I come upon my car with something out of wack like a bulk stop put on my shelf, with houses or even nothing at all on the floor, because the bulk stop was SPA'ed there, I will say something to the loader. Not his sup, not my sup. Everyone complains, everyone whines, in time we learn to tune that out. I try not to whine to the loader, just remind him/her of the methods they should have been taught. Most thank me for that. Many need reminders again. That's ok; I did, too.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Know what else can fix that? Training. And if supervisors aren't able to do it....If I come upon my car with something out of wack like a bulk stop put on my shelf, with houses or even nothing at all on the floor, because the bulk stop was SPA'ed there, I will say something to the loader. Not his sup, not my sup. Everyone complains, everyone whines, in time we learn to tune that out. I try not to whine to the loader, just remind him/her of the methods they should have been taught. Most thank me for that. Many need reminders again. That's ok; I did, too.
So you'll tell the loader to ignore what his immediate supervisor instructed him to do? I'd honestly look at you and point to my sup "If you want it done another way, tell that guy to tell me, you're not management" Just because you don't agree with what the load plan is doesn't give you some kind of super powers to tell the loader to ignore his boss. You want the loader fired or something?

packageguy

Nothing like taking a bulk stop off the shelf, and picking up your 4000 section from the floor. I sometimes think they set us up to fail. Just thinking out load.

Macbrother

So you'll tell the loader to ignore what his immediate supervisor instructed him to do? I'd honestly look at you and point to my sup "If you want it done another way, tell that guy to tell me, you're not management" Just because you don't agree with what the load plan is doesn't give you some kind of super powers to tell the loader to ignore his boss. You want the loader fired or something?

I actually don't mind when drivers do this provided their requests are friendly and reasonable. One of my drivers had a bulk stop spa'd to the 1000 shelf and he asked me to load them at the very back since they were his first stop. Easy enough. When a preload sup stopped by and asked me why I was stacking that particular stop out, I told him the driver's request, and he had no problem with it. I know the stress they're under, I did driver helper during peak, if I can make their life a bit easier (provided it doesn't make mine significantly worse) I have no problem helping 'em out. It's the drivers that nitpick every little detail and assume I have only their truck to load and I can spend all day in there that I have a problem with. Some of them (usually the older guys) seem so far removed from what preload actually is now.

Johney

I actually don't mind when drivers do this provided their requests are friendly and reasonable. One of my drivers had a bulk stop spa'd to the 1000 shelf and he asked me to load them at the very back since they were his first stop. Easy enough. When a preload sup stopped by and asked me why I was stacking that particular stop out, I told him the driver's request, and he had no problem with it. I know the stress they're under, I did driver helper during peak, if I can make their life a bit easier (provided it doesn't make mine significantly worse) I have no problem helping 'em out. It's the drivers that nitpick every little detail and assume I have only their truck to load and I can spend all day in there that I have a problem with. Some of them (usually the older guys) seem so far removed from what preload actually is now.
I am an old guy(not a whinny one), but I assure you with your attitude and willingness to work with me would get you much praise from me. Keep up the good work.

stink219

Here's a new one for ya. Told by dispatch today they are no longer able to dispatch packages to Flr 1,2,3,4 as it's harder to pick-up off the floor as compared to the shelf. All will be loaded to corresponding sections.(1000 sec,2000 sec and so on.) WOW! that's all I can say. I now see bulk on the shelf and single stops on the floor.
We have this in place in our providence hub. It basically clears out the floor from specific stops. The preload gets a report of any bulk stops that day and then assigns them to the floor the morning of. The philosophy is to prevent a floor stop that comes down with 2 piece that is always loaded in FL1, puts the 2 pieces on the shelf and then puts another 10+ piece stop on the floor. It's far from perfect. But it's not unreasonable.