No Help from the union.

The-UK-Guy

Tea anyone ?
I wasnt expecting any, I contacted the teamsters Dec 22nd immediatly after being contacted by my attorny and explained UPS was asking for my resignation in exchange for a large injury pay off which would be heard on Dec 24th.. I asked them if it would affect my greivence or any rights I may have. I was told that they werent sure and would get back to me.
I was unjustly terminated in August for dis honesty I had a really good chance of winning the panel decision because although I had a bad day , I was not dishonest and have written letters from each customer shown on the discrepency report confirming they received and signed for there packages before the 10 30 commit time, my cel phone bill showing that I tried to call in sick that morning. The only other discrepancy was that I sheeted up a buisness as closed at 10 20am from 2 miles away (GPS shows) and then re delivered to them at 12pm. However my cel phone bill shows a call I made at 10 15 to the dock, where I asked if they had room at the dock for me and was told to please come later as they were busy. I also Have a written statement from the dock manager confirming this. All in all a pretty good case ,
Although I unwillingly resigned December 24th, I still felt like UPS should give me back pay from the day I was fired until the day I resigned, 5 months is quite a bit of money. The union was shut all over xmas and new year but I finally reached them around Janruary 8th and explained the situation. Janruary 10th I received a letter saying my greivence had been canceled and that they could no longer represent me because I volintarily resigned !!!!! Its funny how they can no longer represent me yet have no problem hanging on to my pension moneys for another 20 years. I`ll be living in another country and have to deal with a pension plan 6000 miles across the pond. I though this was a double standard any other thoughts ????

daedalus

Maybe if you would spend more time working and doing the job that you are paid to do, and less time trying to work the system, you would do much better in life.

I'm sure you'll just tell me to piss off, as I'm sure you feel that everyone else is the problem, and your integrity is paramount.

Don't you see the trend here? You've got lists and lists of problems and excuses. Man up and take responsibility.

Maybe the reason why the union isn't helping is because you don't deserve it!

drewed

Shankman
You knew what the deal was with your pension when you signed up.....wait the 20 years keep contact info on the local update yoru address and such when you find out.....
We've all heard your story 1000 times going over it again doesnt do you anygood except to annoy us further, and Im pretty sure they have the right thought that you voluntarily resigned you lose your rights to the union.... you should have double checked with the union before signing the resignation

The-UK-Guy

Tea anyone ?
You knew what the deal was with your pension when you signed up.....wait the 20 years keep contact info on the local update yoru address and such when you find out.....
We've all heard your story 1000 times going over it again doesnt do you anygood except to annoy us further, and Im pretty sure they have the right thought that you voluntarily resigned you lose your rights to the union.... you should have double checked with the union before signing the resignation

when I signed up it was 20 and out I LIVE TO ANNOY YOU

drewed

Shankman
Ok so being 20 is an excuse for being dumb? I wish I could walk off some of the stuff I did when I was 20 as oh well I was 20....

Ehh annoying things tend to get slapped around misquitoes, itches, you...too bad you slapped yourself around by screwing yourself out of your grievances.

bluehdmc

I'm gonna suggest to you to contact the NLRB. Or perhaps a lawyer familiar with labor laws. It's worth a shot. It seems to me when your greivance was filed you were represented by the union and were paying dues. In your other post you stated that the settlement from your workmans comp claim was unusually high for the injury but you also had to resign. Did your resignation also release UPS from any other claims?

The-UK-Guy

Tea anyone ?
Maybe if you would spend more time working and doing the job that you are paid to do, and less time trying to work the system, you would do much better in life.

I'm sure you'll just tell me to piss off, as I'm sure you feel that everyone else is the problem, and your integrity is paramount.

Don't you see the trend here? You've got lists and lists of problems and excuses. Man up and take responsibility.

Maybe the reason why the union isn't helping is because you don't deserve it!

I DONT HAVE A JOB AND I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO
take a look at the evidence wanna be supervisor not excuses and the only trend I see is that you make idiotic statements and have no idea what the hell I`ve been through or dealt with lately. Im not looking for a hand out and am not persuing any kind of retribution ... I`m done with UPS and the teamsters.... This is just 1 employees acount of events that happened to him while at work . Man up..... whatever dude maybe you might just roll over and play dead after you took it in the short s I like to make waves. And I would work rings around you, I had the highest productivity in my building as a pre loader for 7 years and my package route paid 14 hours a day , 120 deliveries 400 peices 62 pick ups 3000 packages HAND LOADED. You are real quick to Judge buddy, are you in management ? if your not you should look into it because they love puppets like you

The-UK-Guy

Tea anyone ?
Ok so being 20 is an excuse for being dumb? I wish I could walk off some of the stuff I did when I was 20 as oh well I was 20....

Ehh annoying things tend to get slapped around misquitoes, itches, you...too bad you slapped yourself around by screwing yourself out of your grievances.

You are not reading this correctly I didnt meen 20 years old I meant when I started work at ups the contract stated we could get our pension after 20 years of service

daedalus

I DONT HAVE A JOB AND I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO
take a look at the evidence wanna be supervisor not excuses and the only trend I see is that you make idiotic statements and have no idea what the hell I`ve been through or dealt with lately. Im not looking for a hand out and am not persuing any kind of retribution ... I`m done with UPS and the teamsters.... This is just 1 employees acount of events that happened to him while at work . Man up..... whatever dude maybe you might just roll over and play dead after you took it in the short s I like to make waves. And I would work rings around you, I had the highest productivity in my building as a pre loader for 7 years and my package route paid 14 hours a day , 120 deliveries 400 peices 62 pick ups 3000 packages HAND LOADED. You are real quick to Judge buddy, are you in management ? if your not you should look into it because they love puppets like you

So you're saying that you did nothing wrong. You didn't try to work the system and bend the rules, huh?

If so, then UPS and the world must be out to get you. If not, then it's time to take my advice and MAN UP and admit that you were a slacker at work and got fired for it. Maybe then, next time, you will keep your job.

brownie68

It doesnt sound like UK is working the system. UPS plays dirty so in turn you have to be ready to play hard ball with them! You can not be fired for performance the company has to consider your age your physical ability and other limits you have . UPS wants you to work fast and unsafe as long as it looks good on paper thats all they care about . The minute you get hurt your on their **** list!

satellitedriver

Takes one to know one buddy
Yes, it does.
I learned about the age of 15, not to be one anymore.
But, I do not have to take flight (fly joke), to escape my problems.
BTW,
22yrs with UPS and I have never had (or seen with any other driver) the litany of self inflicted problems at UPS that you claim as disrespect.
Hmmmmm?
"Therein lies the rub."
Being a literate Brit you should get my drift.

The-UK-Guy

Tea anyone ?
Yes, it does.
I learned about the age of 15, not to be one anymore.
But, I do not have to take flight (fly joke), to escape my problems.
BTW,
22yrs with UPS and I have never had (or seen with any other driver) the litany of self inflicted problems at UPS that you claim as disrespect.
Hmmmmm?
"Therein lies the rub."
Being a literate Brit you should get my drift.

you "rub" me the wrong way. In a sense you`re correct in saying self inflicted problems. It was my choice to get tattooed it`s my choice to be outspoken and loud and my choice to not kiss ass. I dont feel disrespected , well that fly coment you made was pretty crappy but it`s a free country and for the record I`m not running away from anything , both my wife and I decided to leave the country because we want our children to grow up without having to deal with all the crap that goes on around here. I have a great job lined up over there and we feel that the overall quality of our lives will be better.
T

The-UK-Guy

Tea anyone ?
So you're saying that you did nothing wrong. You didn't try to work the system and bend the rules, huh?

If so, then UPS and the world must be out to get you. If not, then it's time to take my advice and MAN UP and admit that you were a slacker at work and got fired for it. Maybe then, next time, you will keep your job.

Call my old center , Whittier Center cerritos building ... My names Jamie Wall and there`s no shame in my game. Ive never been a slacker I have nothing to hide. Then you can choke on your words like I choked on a taco but dont drink a beer to wash it down.

The-UK-Guy

Tea anyone ?

LOL, I`m to big to slap. and I`m not 20 anymore I should of known better.

daedalus

both my wife and I decided to leave the country because we want our children to grow up without having to deal with all the crap that goes on around here.
T

So once again, the rest of us that stay here must be too stupid to leave and will be the ones putting up with crap.

I guess you're too smart or too good for it around here, but the rest of us and our children aren't.

God, you're a clueless imbecile.

Good riddance.

The-UK-Guy

Tea anyone ?
So once again, the rest of us that stay here must be too stupid to leave and will be the ones putting up with crap.

I guess you're too smart or too good for it around here, but the rest of us and our children aren't.

Good riddance.

lol

The-UK-Guy

Tea anyone ?

Good riddance.

I dont think you should use the word "US" Im sure other members dont want you representing them and why do you keep putting words in my mouth... I think that your own personal feelings are emerging here Why would you mention putting up with crap if they dont give you any ? I`m leaving because I had to. I was fired. You are the clueless one my friend and have no idea about events leading up to my decisions. I hope you and your children especially thrive and become happy and prosperus whatever carreer choices they make.
God bless.