Is no hire back status permenant

• no

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • yes

Votes: 17 85.0%

• Total voters

Shannon78

I worked as a Custom Broker at the UPS Brokerage operation from 1998 until I returned to full-time studies in 2008. During my 10 years at UPS I successfully obtained a Canadian Society of Certified Customer Broker designation and was advanced to a senior department, had no disciplinary issues and had perfect attendance.

After some time I decided at the time for personal enrichment to pursue education in a field that was a passion of mine being graphics and photography so as a result I went to college full time and reluctantly at the time had to suspend my career at UPS, later after my course I found some employment in my field however it was not stable but contract jobs which ended.
Recently I entered the job market again for a career path with more stability which suited me like I had with UPS and noticed on the Canada Job bank UPS was looking to hire in various position here where I live. I did apply online and have been doing so on a continuous routine bases as they are always posting these positions. After not hearing back I decided to visit UPS office I worked at. I did speak to the head of the HR department and was told bluntly there is no way I can come back and simply forget about it “they don't want people coming back”. I was frustrated and think this is somewhat of an unfair practice for the reason they are having issues finding quality people and constantly posting jobs. And I was a quality employee with perfect attendance and 10 years of service who left at the time for school on good terms.
I think this is really a foolish BS policy on their part and it is frustrating me to the point where I feel the need to contact the labor board to get anywhere. I am a quality employee who would not have to be retrained and who would stay long term with this company as I have in the past. I think 10 years of service with good attendance in the past is not to bad due to the fact I hear they are now hiring people would only stay 6 months. I was not looking to get reinstated with the same pay and benefits I had when I left but simply to start as a new hire again and stay there. I am currently working my 4th year as a causal in a liquor store with no benefits, no vacation, micro management, drunk people, long hrs with little to no overtime pay and a schedule that is always changing I would drop this current job for what I had before with UPS.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
If you were put on no-rehire the only person that could change it is the sup who put you on it. And being 9 years, I doubt the sup will even remember why he/she put you on it.

Lothar

You don't want to work for ups, you sound artistic how about x-ray Tec, two years of school and your looking at better pay, more flexibility, and you don't have to work for a bunch of :censored2:s.

Shannon78

I was an image tech for 2 years but got laid off as the funding for the trade dried up. I am thinking of going to school again at 40 almost. I have friends who still work for UPS and they think it is total BS as well since I did leave on good terms and its a friend*&king decade almost now. They are always trying to fill positions but won't consider hiring someone who they know will stay long term and who is training. Whatever I might just decide to work for myself in the end the good jobs where I live are few and far.

Shannon78

If you were put on no-rehire the only person that could change it is the sup who put you on it. And being 9 years, I doubt the sup will even remember why he/she put you on it.
Sup that put me on it told me on my exit interview "if things don't work out let him know" after sometime I found out this sup got :censored2: canned for misusing the corporate credit card. Now he is a fleet manager for a competitor. No wonder people go postal

jaker

trolling
I would live with it if they were not gosh darn posting the position I did on the Canada job bank once every other week. Nothing is more frustrating then these stupid self righteous as#holes.
So it's ups fault for looking for workers and their fault also for your decision to leave

Shannon78

So it's ups fault for looking for workers and their fault also for your decision to leave
No it's no ones fault who is talking about fault here? Listen it's common sense why they would hire someone of quality with experience and after a decade I feel the fact that someone left is irrelevant. This policy is a way of holding people hostage not to try something else perhaps. Yes there are circumstances but If an employee was a good worker what is the big :censored2:ing deal really.