No holiday pay.

DontThrowPackages

Co-worker told some of us today the manager said he/she won't be getting paid for the holiday because of clocking in 7 minutes late to work on Tuesday. Not one of us ever heard of this rule. Is it a company rule or a state law? Either way, it sucks.

overflowed

I've heard of minimums getting canceled because of being late but not holiday pay. WTF is that about? I can guarantee you it's not a state law though.
But, to be honest, it wouldn't surprise me if it's for real. Nothing surprises me anymore when scandalous behavior comes bubbling up in all its pettiness.

T

Turdferguson

Niether. If you work day before or after a holiday you get holiday pay. Contract doesn't say anything about being late. If true then they need to file

Sent using BrownCafe App

hypo hanna

Co-worker told some of us today the manager said he/she won't be getting paid for the holiday because of clocking in 7 minutes late to work on Tuesday. Not one of us ever heard of this rule. Is it a company rule or a state law? Either way, it sucks.
This doesn't sound right. They need to contact HR.

FedExRookie

We've had HR tell us that before.

If you're late/call in the day before or after the holiday your holiday pay will be canceled.

!Retired!

I've never heard this. Ask the courier to ask the manager to show him/her the policy. If that's the case, if I see I'm going to be late the day after a holiday, I'll turn around and go home, calling in sick as I drive there.

Myort

It is a rule. Funny thing, the day after new year's we had a bunch of people, including managers late. Big traffic jam on the highway during a snow. They still gave holiday pay.

SmithBarney

I've never heard this. Ask the courier to ask the manager to show him/her the policy. If that's the case, if I see I'm going to be late the day after a holiday, I'll turn around and go home, calling in sick as I drive there.
They'll get you for that too, happened to a CRR here, called out sick on a holiday week, lost the Holiday and the Overtime from a FORCED Saturday.

DontThrowPackages

Employee said it would take 32 days of coming back to the sta 15 minutes later to get back his/her 8hr holiday pay back. Accidentally locking the keys in the truck would get those 32 days under 30. Still pissed about it.

whenIgetthere

I could be wrong, but I believe policy states you must work your entire shift the day before and the day after. Using being late seven minutes is BS, just another way to screw the employee.

!Retired!

There's 2 options: Show me the policy or pay me.

I'll ask my manager today and see what he says.

Last edited:

FedExRookie

I could be wrong, but I believe policy states you must work your entire shift the day before and the day after. Using being late seven minutes is BS, just another way to screw the employee.

Yup, this is what HR told us a while ago. As I said earlier, you couldn't call in (I don't think I added that in my earlier post) or be late the day before or after the holiday. Which is equivalent to what you said, having to work the entire shift.

!Retired!

I forgot to ask my my manager, but asked the PM manager. He's probably the only manager in the building I actually trust. He doesn't exactly recall the exact way it's written, but said said it could be true. He was in the middle of fixing an in transit IP letter that FedEx Office screwed up, so I didn't want to overstay my welcome.

If I remember, I'll ask Monday to see the policy (if there is one).

!Retired!

Spoke to my old manager yesterday. He said you would still get the holiday pay as long as your workload wasn't already reassigned.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
We've had HR tell us that before.

If you're late/call in the day before or after the holiday your holiday pay will be canceled.

I've never heard of a late day before or after holiday killing holiday pay, but a sick day will certainly do it. Totally unfair, because what if you are actually sick? Just another way the company robs us.