No HR what could go wrong

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Cheryl already posted this article but I find it all too funny

“ For its part, UPS is also already “in our peak hiring mode currently,” says Dan McMackin, public relations manager. ”

Peak hiring mode? You mean we picked the worst time of the year to eliminate HR and now expect the drivers to wear another hat. At least that’s the plan
Here. We have no HR so we are gonna need you guys to go find helpers and PVDs for your areas. If not you are going to have a very bad peak.

No I won’t. I can only work so many hours and I should be getting every one of those hours before a PVD touches a package. So I suggest you get out of your cozy office and start posting some help wanted ads in the gas station or something because unless I’m getting a hefty raise to do HR job also I won’t be doing it. I will be working my 60 and going home. Laughing my ass off as you scramble to stop rolling trailers.

UPSER1987

HR here has been useless and worthless for years I doubt we'll even notice a difference.
Exactly...I laugh when people act like all is lost with the reduction of HR. Center teams and drivers have been recruiting the centers seasonal help for years. This year will be no different.

ManInBrown

“ For its part, UPS is also already “in our peak hiring mode currently,” says Dan McMackin, public relations manager. ”

Peak hiring mode? You mean we picked the worst time of the year to eliminate HR and now expect the drivers to wear another hat. At least that’s the plan
Here. We have no HR so we are gonna need you guys to go find helpers and PVDs for your areas. If not you are going to have a very bad peak.

No I won’t. I can only work so many hours and I should be getting every one of those hours before a PVD touches a package. So I suggest you get out of your cozy office and start posting some help wanted ads in the gas station or something because unless I’m getting a hefty raise to do HR job also I won’t be doing it. I will be working my 60 and going home. Laughing my ass off as you scramble to stop rolling trailers.

I love the part where when they try to put fear in drivers if they don’t find helpers on their own. I couldn’t care less. You’re going to be the one in fear if YOU don’t find me a helper. You’re going to be the one every single night getting 300 pieces brought back to the building. And I’ll pop my DIAD in the rack and walk out of the building without a care in the world. For all the new drivers let me repeat what I’ve already posted here. It’s their problem. Not yours. If the start time is 9am everyday, you can only work till 11pm. It’s 3-4 weeks. Don’t let them get to you,
everything at peak that goes wrong is 1000% their problem. It’s not your problem.

UPSER1987

I love the part where when they try to put fear in drivers if they don’t find helpers on their own. I couldn’t care less. You’re going to be the one in fear if YOU don’t find me a helper. You’re going to be the one every single night getting 300 pieces brought back to the building. And I’ll pop my DIAD in the rack and walk out of the building without a care in the world. For all the new drivers let me repeat what I’ve already posted here. It’s their problem. Not yours. If the start time is 9am everyday, you can only work till 11pm. It’s 3-4 weeks. Don’t let them get to you,
everything at peak that goes wrong is 1000% their problem. It’s not your problem.
Who in their right mind thinks this a driver problem? Never heard this issue framed as such.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

Kinda like turning in sales leads. They have people who make commission, and they think offering me a ups printed flashlight that will break the first time I use it is an incentive to do sales' job for them? Not gonna happen. Especially when they want to harass me about why I spent so long at that stop. :lol:

Johney

Ran into a former ORS earlier this week. Told me he is coming back to hire for Peak help.
Oh that's nothing. There is a center manager who retired two years ago with over 40 years with the company who swore and I quote "Once I walk out that door they'll never see me again". Guess who I saw walking in to do peak hire driver training?

Last edited:

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
Oh that's nothing. There is a center manager who retired two years ago with over 40 years with the company who swear and I quote "Once I walk out that door they'll never see me again". Guess who I saw walking in to do peak hire driver training?
I guess UPS is better than staying home with the wife?
🧔✊

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
I think that had a little to do with it, but I think the motivator was the money. He said they are paying him extremely well.
The teacher at my week long drive school was a retired center manager. A UPS lifer. He said he works about half the year at Monday thru Friday 7 am to 530 pm and makes his center manager pay prorated. To sit in a classroom all day and do some ride alongs??? Why the hell not?? Plus, who better to teach new drivers than somebody who has experience at every step in the UPS food chain.

Johney

The teacher at my week long drive school was a retired center manager. A UPS lifer. He said he works about half the year at Monday thru Friday 7 am to 530 pm and makes his center manager pay prorated. To sit in a classroom all day and do some ride alongs??? Why the hell not?? Plus, who better to teach new drivers than somebody who has experience at every step in the UPS food chain.
I'm pretty sure they don't even do ride a longs here that's done by hourly driver/trainers.

Est.1998

That's when they'll push the start time to 9:30am or later because NDA will be relaxed.

ManInBrown

That's when they'll push the start time to 9:30am or later because NDA will be relaxed.
Ok. Then drivers must be done by 11:30pm. It’s a month. I did it, and they really buried me because I had no 9.5 protection like I did for the rest of the year. They bury grievance filers at peak. They live for it. I sucked it up. It’s not that big of a deal. Are people afraid to work in the dark? Do not cave to their nonsense. Make them drown in their mistakes.