No Injury Report for Workers Claim

popeyesgoat

While working on the job in preload on a Saturday, I fell in an open space between the belt and the back of a car while loading, and banged my leg on the back of the car. I did not feel any pain until I got home (adrenaline pumping from preload). My leg swelled up, and I decided to RICE until Tuesday (the next day of work).

Waking up to go to work on Tuesday, I realized that my leg had not healed.

I called my sup to notify him that I was injured, but he didn't answer, and I left him a message that i was injured. Apparently he was on vacation.

I went to the doctor the next day to check on my leg since it had not healed. Because I mentioned that I got injured on the job, she made file a workers' comp. She recommended that I rest for 2 days.

I called my FT sup to notify him about it, and he didn't answer again. I left him another message saying I'd be out a few more days.

Forgetting to file an injury report, and resting my leg, I went to UPS afterward to get an injury report. It was then that I was told the FT sup went on vacation, and that since I didn't get the injury reported within 5 days, because of costs, management is reluctant to hand me an injury report (I'm stupid, I know).

Is there anything I can do?

LXT

:censored2:, I've done that too. I had a huge black/blue cloud on my thigh the following weeks. I'm sorry you're dealing with all of this. I've had a coworker get injured quite a few times with no injury report. Thing is, he's been there over 90 days and is protected by the union. Also, he uses the fact that they've never reported him as blackmail. The FT supervisor asked him not to go to the ER because he'd lose his job, after 16 years. Instead, he went to the UPS doctor and waited 2 hours to see him. The injury? a 40+ e-RIG landed on his nutsack. Now, my coworker has hella lawyers contacting him on the daily because they basically committed a crime. Sooo honestly, play your cards right. If you haven't been there for 90 days....you're gonna get let go. Sorry bro.

popeyesgoat

Yikes. That's crazy.

I made book. I've been there since November for seasonal (technically January because apparently seasonal doesn't count). But another issue is that I don't have a claim number since I didn't report it, so there is a chance that the claim will get denied, and my insurance won't foot the bill, forcing me to pay full price out of pocket. I didn't have knowledge that insurers can decide whether or not to pay the bill

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
2040712F-02B6-46FE-8991-44F96758CA8E.gif
Yikes. That's crazy.

I made book. I've been there since November for seasonal (technically January because apparently seasonal doesn't count). But another issue is that I don't have a claim number since I didn't report it, so there is a chance that the claim will get denied, and my insurance won't foot the bill, forcing me to pay full price out of pocket. I didn't have knowledge that insurers can decide whether or not to pay the bill

dudebro

Not to mention - if you bang something, report it. If nothing comes of it, fine. This is one of those moments where taking care of yourself > taking care of your employer.

If your sup is in a position where he's going to get fired for safety, he had other problems.

trickpony1

...so the conversation can get forgotten as soon as the phone gets hung up?

At least with the cell phone he can call his provider and have all his dialed calls info printed up and sent to him.

"hey boss...did you get my voicemail about my injury on (date) at (time)?".

It's better than nothing.

dudebro

"You called me and hung up. There's no message"
I understand you're sticking up for the guy, but that's why people should report everything, even if they think they're ok.

El Correcto

god is dead
:censored2:, I've done that too. I had a huge black/blue cloud on my thigh the following weeks. I'm sorry you're dealing with all of this. I've had a coworker get injured quite a few times with no injury report. Thing is, he's been there over 90 days and is protected by the union. Also, he uses the fact that they've never reported him as blackmail. The FT supervisor asked him not to go to the ER because he'd lose his job, after 16 years. Instead, he went to the UPS doctor and waited 2 hours to see him. The injury? a 40+ e-RIG landed on his nutsack. Now, my coworker has hella lawyers contacting him on the daily because they basically committed a crime. Sooo honestly, play your cards right. If you haven't been there for 90 days....you're gonna get let go. Sorry bro.

Hethatbeking

While working on the job in preload on a Saturday, I fell in an open space between the belt and the back of a car while loading, and banged my leg on the back of the car. I did not feel any pain until I got home (adrenaline pumping from preload). My leg swelled up, and I decided to RICE until Tuesday (the next day of work).

Waking up to go to work on Tuesday, I realized that my leg had not healed.

I called my sup to notify him that I was injured, but he didn't answer, and I left him a message that i was injured. Apparently he was on vacation.

I went to the doctor the next day to check on my leg since it had not healed. Because I mentioned that I got injured on the job, she made file a workers' comp. She recommended that I rest for 2 days.

I called my FT sup to notify him about it, and he didn't answer again. I left him another message saying I'd be out a few more days.

Forgetting to file an injury report, and resting my leg, I went to UPS afterward to get an injury report. It was then that I was told the FT sup went on vacation, and that since I didn't get the injury reported within 5 days, because of costs, management is reluctant to hand me an injury report (I'm stupid, I know).

Is there anything I can do?
What state do you live in?