No Matter Who Wins, More Big Gov't!

wkmac

OK, so everyone's expecting big gov't from Obama/Biden and democrats and I'd concur with that thinking but the truth is the same thing will come if McCain/Palin win the big prize. The behemoth is a runaway train that both major parties are embedded and indebted too so it just won't change and it will get worse.

The handwriting was on the wall for all to see in August 2003' when FoxNews/Weekly Standard pudit Fred Barnes wrote the following in the Weekly Standard.

IS PRESIDENT BUSH really a conservative? When that question came up this summer, the White House went into crisis mode. Bush aides summoned several of Washington's conservative journalists to a 6:30 a.m. breakfast at the White House to press the case for the president's adherence to conservative principles. Aides outnumbered journalists. Other conservative writers and broadcasters were invited to luncheon sessions. They heard a similar spiel.
The White House needn't have bothered. The case for Bush's conservatism is strong. Sure, some conservatives are upset because he has tolerated a surge in federal spending, downplayed swollen deficits, failed to use his veto, created a vast Department of Homeland Security, and fashioned an alliance of sorts with Teddy Kennedy on education and Medicare. But the real gripe is that Bush isn't their kind of conventional conservative. Rather, he's a big government conservative. This isn't a description he or other prominent conservatives willingly embrace. It makes them sound as if they aren't conservatives at all. But they are. They simply believe in using what would normally be seen as liberal means--activist government--for conservative ends. And they're willing to spend more and increase the size of government in the process.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/Content/Public/Articles/000/000/003/017wgfhc.asp

Now many republicans will step up and say something to the effect that the ends justify the means but here's the other side of this coin. At some point in time, democrats will come in control of this process, Congress in 2006' a good example and it's still up in the air that Obama/Biden could win out in about 5 weeks. Democrats are constantly in fear of republicans retracting the gov't they've already built but the dems can declare a joyous cry of victory that even when not in power, gov't still grows as Mr. Barnes just pointed out and proudly admitted too.

The way I see it, you are being given 2 choices and that is to jump out of an airplane at 30k feet but in one case you are jumping out with nothing and in the other they give you a small umbrella. Either way you are gonna hit the ground hard.

It's time to make a 3rd choice and that is to not get on the plane at all!

tieguy

Banned
I think their big government will be much bigger then my big government.

I think their guy does not understand the role of government.

Thats a problem with this race the libertarians and nadar groupies feel disenfranchised with the two choices and will state that one is as bad as the other. In reality Obama promises to be a much bigger creator of permanent government then McCain.

wkmac

I think their big government will be much bigger then my big government.

I think their guy does not understand the role of government.

Thats a problem with this race the libertarians and nadar groupies feel disenfranchised with the two choices and will state that one is as bad as the other. In reality Obama promises to be a much bigger creator of permanent government then McCain.

As I said:

The way I see it, you are being given 2 choices and that is to jump out of an airplane at 30k feet but in one case you are jumping out with nothing and in the other they give you a small umbrella. Either way you are gonna hit the ground hard.

tieguy

Banned
As I said:

Yea I know. To me its the difference between breaking a leg with McCain or hitting hard enough to crack every bone in my body with Obama.

Obama with a democratic congress will be creating some major government solutions for all of us.

Many have forgotten that Clinton initially attempted to create a major health care bureaucracy and had Hillary planning it all. Clinton would have spent much more money then he did if not for a republican congress keeping him in check.

Its funny is it not . We hate the divisiveness of politics but can't afford one party having both the white house and congress.

diesel96

If you had to chose which big Gov't is best suited to run this country for the next 4 yrs, which will you support;

A) One investing more specifically on the needs of regular people and the economic infrastructure of our country (not someone else's country). This includes eliminating the Bush tax cuts, corperate welfare and excess military spending in terms of occupying, policing and nation building. Reducing or capping healthcare cost and extending retirement benefits.

or

B) One investing more specifically on the needs of the Military Ind complex, special interests groups, Corperate mongols and the richest people in the country. Continuing the Bush tax cuts with out of control spending and borrowing. Asking the nation to take a gamble and rely on the free market and private secter to privatize our retirement benefits and ignore the greed and special interest groups and eliminate regulation (which they blame the Gov't of over regulation for our economic woes of cousre) until they need the Gov't to bail them out.

It's obvious Wkmac your answer and many others would be C) Niether or move to Canada, but thats why I highlighted "If you had to chose". Pretend I had a gun to your head....:wink2:

wkmac

It's obvious Wkmac your answer and many others would be C) Niether or move to Canada, but thats why I highlighted "If you had to chose". Pretend I had a gun to your head....:wink2:

Uh D, look down at my Mac-10 on full auto pointing dead on to your torso. Now squeeze away and we'll enter hell together and I'm in better standing with Satan so I'm good!

:rofl:

And if that doesn't work the wife has her mini scoped in so the end result are the same!
:wink2:

All kidding, joking and silliness aside, I got news for ya D, ya boy ain't selection "A" either contary to popular myth. To find someone near to that scenario you have to go outside to one of the 3rd party guys.

Truth is, ya boy will cut the Bush Tax cuts only to replace them for the same folks under the new name of Obama Tax cuts. Corp. America has already paid to protect their interests. Just look at the Corp. payoff at the Denver DNC for the clues and even the liberal/progressive alternative ie true press fully admits and poionts this out.

Corp. welfare won't change either and the military industrial complex theater moves out of Iraq to Afghanistan and may now esculate in Pakistan http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008/sep/16/pakistan.afghanistan

Also don't forget the promises made by Obama to AIPAC and then Biden's close (too close) association with the Georgia situation. http://www.delawareonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080819/NEWS02/808190350/0/NEWS

[The war that began in Georgia is no longer about that country alone," he said in a statement. "It has become a question of whether and how the West will stand up for the rights of free people throughout the region./QUOTE]

Doesn't sound like someone ready and willing to cut the miltary industrial complex down to me or to end nationbuilding!

As for healthcare, I think bothsides will do about the same and extending retirement benefits to a growing "boomer" voting base is a political move we'll see both parties engage in during the years ahead. That will be a given just like in 2004' when they ran all over each other to dole out a minimum wage increase. Excuse me a sec. D as there's some "SLOW" learners here I have to keep on track. :wink2:

Hey AV, I'm against minimum wage too!

OK, D, sorry for the distraction!

Again, "A" isn't an option anyway so whay even but it up on the board?

I Know! I Know!

I'm an :censored2:!

another big :rofl:

wkmac

Uh, I think Tie doesn't realize that from 30k feet, a plunge with nothing but an umbrella will do more than just break a leg!

:happy-very:

moreluck

golden ticket member
Top 10 Predictions No Matter Who Wins the Election

1. The Bible will still have all the answers.

2. Prayer will still work.

3. The Holy Spirit will still move.

4. God will still inhabit the praises of His people.

5. There will still be God-anointed preaching.

6. There will still be singing of praise to God.

7. God will still pour out blessings upon His people.

8. There will still be room at the Cross.

9. Jesus will still love you.

10. Jesus will still save the lost when they come to Him.

and God approves this message!

ISN'T IT GREAT TO KNOW WHO IS REALLY IN CHARGE

tieguy

Banned
Top 10 Predictions No Matter Who Wins the Election

1. The Bible will still have all the answers.

2. Prayer will still work.

3. The Holy Spirit will still move.

4. God will still inhabit the praises of His people.

5. There will still be God-anointed preaching.

6. There will still be singing of praise to God.

7. God will still pour out blessings upon His people.

8. There will still be room at the Cross.

9. Jesus will still love you.

10. Jesus will still save the lost when they come to Him.

and God approves this message!

ISN'T IT GREAT TO KNOW WHO IS REALLY IN CHARGE

More,

with that post democrats everywhere will be bursting into flames. :happy-very:

diesel96

More,

with that post democrats everywhere will be bursting into flames. :happy-very:

Are you kidding me...Jesus was a liberal.....:wink2:

Why can't we just all hold hands and elect Tina Fey for President !!!!!!!!!!!!! :wink2:
Tina Fey is a liberal to....lol:wink2: but I like to seperate comedy from politics as well

Saw a bumber sticker today that said "Buy a gun and piss off a liberal"

I have some liberal/democrat views and also posess an impressive arsenal....Go figure. Maybe you shouldn't put a myth on your bumper...:peaceful: