NO MORE MR. NICE CHRIS THE BROWN

ChrisTheBrown

This morning, I almost lost it. I'm used to getting jerked around with driving from time to time, as I'm a newer cover driver & just qualified in the summer..Today, however, I had to call my union rep & then say something to my supervisor's face. First, I get a text saying
"Your area was cut today because only half our expected work showed due to weather. See you tomorrow"
I was fine with having a day off & not fighting the crappy weather for a day, so I was thinking to myself ok no big deal.
20 mins later, he texts me again saying
"I will need you to shuttle air, will let you know start time, my guess is around 930"
So, I didn't really mind that either, knowing it was only gonna be around 3 hours of work.
Then he calls me 20 mins later..Saying that a driver was having some problems at home with his dogs, so he was gonna have me run that route instead, & told me to be at the center by 8:45am..It was about 8:10am when he called me. I immediately got ready, threw my boots on & took off. Halfway to the center, he calls me again..."Mick is coming in, so just gonna have you shuttle air at 9:30, feel free to relax for a bit." Told him I was already on my way, working as directed. I then called my union rep, explained the whole situation & what happened. My main concern was the fact that I had more seniority then this Mick guy, knew the route very well, & that I should've been driving anyways...He should've been the one shuttling the air for a few hours, myself getting the full days work. Apparently seniority means nothing some days, because nothing got done. Supervisor was clearly upset that I got my union rep involved, but I just feel that I need to stick up for myself some times. I'm tired of getting used & abused. I imagine that most drivers go through this in the beginning, I was very upset & can't remember the last time feeling so disrespected.

Sent using BrownCafe App

carol2014

dude u r totally right , establish the fact that u want totwork on a Daly basics, u do have to protect ur seniority as well as ur pay check. calling ur union is the absoultley the first thing to do ,let them know that if they call u back ur grantee 8 hrs , check union book , do give in enjoy the fact u r a driver and enjoy : service saftey and smiles , the soups are stretch mentally as well,

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
dude u r totally right , establish the fact that u want totwork on a Daly basics, u do have to protect ur seniority as well as ur pay check. calling ur union is the absoultley the first thing to do ,let them know that if they call u back ur grantee 8 hrs , check union book , do give in enjoy the fact u r a driver and enjoy : service saftey and smiles , the soups are stretch mentally as well,
:holycowsmile:

ChrisTheBrown

If you had more seniority....why didn't you get to run the route? Are you not guaranteed 8 hours of work?

Union rep didn't say much, said he'd talk to the center manager about it. This other driver's only been here for like 4 1/2 months, he trained on this route right after I qualified, the end of July. I feel that this was wrong, there was no explanation from my supervisor. Several drivers have said the same thing about this guy, & my union rep said it to me this morning...That he's cocky & arrogant, only cares about himself. I'm basically just a cog in the wheel to him. I refuse to be taken advantage of anymore, which is perhaps because I'm the youngest & a newer cover driver. I've just sacrificed so much to earn this opportunity..As I'm sure you all have to get yours. I've slept in my car many days, have learned what it's like to live off barely any money. Have put all of my dreams on hold for this opportunity alone. I'm just to the point now where I don't want to be jerked around any more. I used to play along, but I feel that those days are over now. Regardless of any consequences that may arise.

Sent using BrownCafe App

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Union rep didn't say much, said he'd talk to the center manager about it. This other driver's only been here for like 4 1/2 months, he trained on this route right after I qualified, the end of July. I feel that this was wrong, there was no explanation from my supervisor. Several drivers have said the same thing about this guy, & my union rep said it to me this morning...That he's cocky & arrogant, only cares about himself. I'm basically just a cog in the wheel to him. I refuse to be taken advantage of anymore, which is perhaps because I'm the youngest & a newer cover driver. I've just sacrificed so much to earn this opportunity..As I'm sure you all have to get yours. I've slept in my car many days, have learned what it's like to live off barely any money. Have put all of my dreams on hold for this opportunity alone. I'm just to the point now where I don't want to be jerked around any more. I used to play along, but I feel that those days are over now. Regardless of any consequences that may arise.

Sent using BrownCafe App
Then I assume you filed a grievance....talk is cheap.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
You allow them to jerk you around with being too agreeable to last minute changes....they said we don't need you. When they called u back to run air....Sorry boss, I'm on my way home unless I can work a full day (assuming you are guaranteed 8).

ChrisTheBrown

You allow them to jerk you around with being too agreeable to last minute changes....they said we don't need you. When they called u back to run air....Sorry boss, I'm on my way home unless I can work a full day (assuming you are guaranteed 8).

I guess I'm still learning how to play along..& part of me feels that if I was to do that, that I could've potentially screwed myself out of driving for the rest of peak. I hear they know how to play games & screw with our lives as well, as I'm currently finding out first hand. You just can't win, like I've heard some of you say on here.

IVE, THINK I'M JUST GONNA HAVE TO HAVE A DRINK RIGHT NOW & HOPE FOR A BETTER DAY WITH THE MONKEYS TOMORROW..

Sent using BrownCafe App

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Sent using BrownCafe App
You're gonna give yourself a stroke if you don't learn how to deal with these things.

It's simple you have a posted start time you show up then ready to work. If they tell you no work and someone with less seniority is working tell them you're filing a grievance. Then file. That simple.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I guess I'm still learning how to play along..& part of me feels that if I was to do that, that I could've potentially screwed myself out of driving for the rest of peak. I hear they know how to play games & screw with our lives as well, as I'm currently finding out first hand. You just can't win, like I've heard some of you say on here.

IVE, THINK I'M JUST GONNA HAVE TO HAVE A DRINK RIGHT NOW & HOPE FOR A BETTER DAY WITH THE MONKEYS TOMORROW..

Sent using BrownCafe App
If they sent out a driver with less seniority for a day's work, they took money out of your pocket. If that's something you're willing to overlook, that's your choice. Me, I'd have grabbed a pen and asked my sup how to spell his last name.

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed

What . . . The . . . :censored2: . . . Did . . . You . . . Just . . . Say?