No more stops loaded on floor

The Blackadder

Are you not amused?
Ok this past week my floor loaded packages started being put on the shelf.

I went to my Sup and asked him, deer in the headlights, so I went to talk to the Preload sup., and was told the following.

Someone up in an office somewhere has come up with the bright idea that unless you have 10 packages or more nothing should be loaded on the floor. Now I have one stop that was loaded in the rear, got 4 to 8 that weigh about 50 pounds, thanks too this new thinking I now have to work them out my side door.

All the other heavy stuff I had on the floor is now either jammed on the shelf or still on the floor and just all random, and because I am now losing shelf space for large packages I am getting small stuff just dumped on the floors, which I now waste time picking of the floor and lining it up, losing time as I do it.

My questions is this. Do the people who do this have bets as to who can screw up the loads the most?
Do they get awards for coming up with plans that will make us work harder, go slower?

I really mean it, are they just trying to make the job worse, are they trying to hurt us?

Oh my sup. thinks this is dumb and feels bad for us, and he is not going to say anything becuse he does not want to make waves with the people above.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Ok this past week my floor loaded packages started being put on the shelf.

I went to my Sup and asked him, deer in the headlights, so I went to talk to the Preload sup., and was told the following.

Someone up in an office somewhere has come up with the bright idea that unless you have 10 packages or more nothing should be loaded on the floor. Now I have one stop that was loaded in the rear, got 4 to 8 that weigh about 50 pounds, thanks too this new thinking I now have to work them out my side door.

All the other heavy stuff I had on the floor is now either jammed on the shelf or still on the floor and just all random, and because I am now losing shelf space for large packages I am getting small stuff just dumped on the floors, which I now waste time picking of the floor and lining it up, losing time as I do it.

My questions is this. Do the people who do this have bets as to who can screw up the loads the most?
Do they get awards for coming up with plans that will make us work harder, go slower?

I really mean it, are they just trying to make the job worse, are they trying to hurt us?

Oh my sup. thinks this is dumb and feels bad for us, and he is not going to say anything becuse he does not want to make waves with the people above.
truer words......................

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Sounds like another excuse to give you on the reason why your load looks like ass. They get thier PPH up by just throwing it on the shelf with little concern if the rest of the packages PALed to that location will fit. This results in the smaller ones being tossed on the floor. Next thing they'll do is leave them in the smalls bags/totes citing safety/damages result less when they are containerized.

Sounds like another excuse to give you on the reason why your load looks like ass. They get thier PPH up by just throwing it on the shelf with little concern if the rest of the packages PALed to that location will fit. This results in the smaller ones being tossed on the floor. Next thing they'll do is leave them in the smalls bags/totes citing safety/damages result less when they are containerized.
So like I said its another prime example of logistics.

Cementups

Box Monkey
I actually don't drink too much if at all. But when I do I tend to have a problem knowing when to stop. Unfortunately it's when they tell me to leave.

I actually don't drink too much if at all. But when I do I tend to have a problem knowing when to stop. Unfortunately it's when they tell me to leave.
So what your ok in my book. My mom who's dead is from pa says everybody hoes from ther is GOOD people so you are a goooooooooood. Ok

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
WHOEVER THOUGHT OF THIS IDEA SHOULD GO WORK AT FED-EX AND SCREW UP THEIR CR*P , NOT THIS COMPANY'S !!!

I have 4 stops that have been on the floor for years ! They are there not because a driver or preloader are lazy, THEY ARE THERE SO WE CAN GET TO THEM AND NOT WASTE TIME ! Now they have one of our center's top money making shipping accounts PAL'd to 6900 where my lazy-***** preloader just chucks it anywhere on shelf 6, because that is what he's trained to do.

I have talked to the dispatch sup about this problem and his suggestion is to make this one fn stop my whole 8000 section !!!!!!!!!! So now I'm going to have 160 stops squeezed into 7 sections instead of the full 8 !!!!! This company is run by FN MONKEYS !!!!!!

RANT OVAH !!!