No one answers the phone when I'm calling in sick

Nimnim

The Nim
They can't fire you for a single no call, at most they can give you a warning letter. If you called in properly, my supplement says 1 hour before scheduled start time, then you can either bring in your phone, which may require a property pass to get back out, or you get your phone bill which states the numbers called at what time.

As others have said it's a good idea to have a sups number to call them. I'm surprised the main call in number you have doesn't have voicemail, but that just means if they don't pick up they don't know, as long as you're not calling way too early for your shift.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
We have a preload bang in # with a voicemail....we just leave messages. Or a text to your PT sup is acceptable....as long as they text back so you know they received it.

joey h

If they don't answer call the 1800 number with the message & it will be time stamped when you call in then they can't consider you a no call no show

Indecisi0n

Whn I do call I normally call at least an hour and half before punch. If they don't answer the phone I put it on speaker and let it ring for 45 mins straight. I have always gotten through.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
When I book off they always say the same thing,"Do you have time left?" Then say Okay and hang up. No feel better, no goodbye, no "can you please come in?"

OPTION3

Years ago, had a driver ask for a friday off b4 his vacation. He asked well in advance. The WED b4 they told him they couldnt give him off. He called in sick the FRI morn he had already planned off. They went to his home and videotaped him loading up his vehicle to go camping.......Went through hell after that! True story
That's why I never tell them I'm sick….I tell them I have personal business to attend to…..If they ask(and they have) what is it? I say thats why its personal. Have also been asked if I have option days…reply every time with what does that have to do with me NOT coming to work today?…CLICK

some1else

Call in. If they wont answer the phone call your shop steward and let them know so they can notify. We had a center manager leave the phone off the hook when staffing was tight to try to discourage call ins. Cmfigured out it was better to know who was not coming i at 730 than at 825 when the shop steward shows up

OPTION3

Call in. If they wont answer the phone call your shop steward and let them know so they can notify. We had a center manager leave the phone off the hook when staffing was tight to try to discourage call ins. Cmfigured out it was better to know who was not coming i at 730 than at 825 when the shop steward shows up
Our center manager would cut those routes giving everyone a 12 hour day….Then give a PCM in the AM about how everyone is being "screwed" by their "buddies"….can you say expect the unexpected?