No OT sat until your 40

R1wonder

Everyone keep an eye on your time cards . Syracuse local 317 , contract states Saturday is paid at time and a half, we’re so light on Mondays drivers are working under 8 , Saturdays are being paid as straight time until they get to 40. I noticed I would be short about an hour over time Saturday because last Monday I worked a touch under a 7 hour day.

Wilson1397

Half the lies they tell about me aren't true!!
Everyone keep an eye on your time cards . Syracuse local 317 , contract states Saturday is paid at time and a half, we’re so light on Mondays drivers are working under 8 , Saturdays are being paid as straight time until they get to 40. I noticed I would be short about an hour over time Saturday because last Monday I worked a touch under a 7 hour day.
The contract also says you’re guaranteed 8 hrs. Why did you only work 7 Monday?

reginald95

You’re supposed to be paid overtime regardless if you’ve worked over 40 IF you are forced in on a day off. If you’re Mon-Fri then Sat is a day you’re supposed to be off.

R1wonder

The contract also says you’re guaranteed 8 hrs. Why did you only work 7 Monday?
99% of the time I don’t , this particular Monday I was exhausted and didn’t care , but I informed my supervisor this will be the only time , and I told him don’t give me a helper on a Monday and expect me to work under 8. I also didn’t do a single Monday stop on Saturday . They’re sending us out telling us to finish our Saturday work and get Any Monday work we can , some guys are doing everything they can. I didn’t touch a single Monday box last Saturday . And I have 18 years folks I’m not a new guy I know the rules I don’t run and I don’t work under 8. This post is for everyone to keep their eyes on their time cards if they do though.

99% of the time I don’t , this particular Saturday I was exhausted and didn’t care , but I informed my supervisor this will be the only time , and I told him don’t give me a helper on a Monday and expect me to work under 8. I also didn’t do a single Monday stop on Saturday . They’re sending us out telling us to finish our Saturday work and get Any Monday work we can , some guys are doing everything they can. I didn’t touch a single Monday box last Saturday . And I have 18 years folks I’m not a new guy I know the rules I don’t run and I don’t work under 8. This post is for everyone to keep their eyes on their time cards if they do though.
I swept many of floors the during my career

Wilson1397

Half the lies they tell about me aren't true!!
99% of the time I don’t , this particular Monday I was exhausted and didn’t care , but I informed my supervisor this will be the only time , and I told him don’t give me a helper on a Monday and expect me to work under 8. I also didn’t do a single Monday stop on Saturday . They’re sending us out telling us to finish our Saturday work and get Any Monday work we can , some guys are doing everything they can. I didn’t touch a single Monday box last Saturday . And I have 18 years folks I’m not a new guy I know the rules I don’t run and I don’t work under 8. This post is for everyone to keep their eyes on their time cards if they do though.
I agree with keeping track of your hours…..UPS doesnt have the best payroll.

542thruNthru

18 years seniority , Carry on

Good god this is why I have ten posts on this site . Stfu I’m warning ppl about something . That is all
Thanks for the warning.

newintown

My Saturday overtime never shows up until the timecard is finalized. People were flipping out about not getting their triple time on black Friday but sure enough, it shows up after the timecard is finalized. I'm not saying the company doesn't screw up or an unscrupulous supe doesn't manipulate things here and there, but it always seems to catch some driver's by surprise when their OT doesn't calculate immediately.

R1wonder

My Saturday overtime never shows up until the timecard is finalized. People were flipping out about not getting their triple time on black Friday but sure enough, it shows up after the timecard is finalized. I'm not saying the company doesn't screw up or an unscrupulous supe doesn't manipulate things here and there, but it always seems to catch some driver's by surprise when their OT doesn't calculate immediately.
That’s also happened where it shows all straight time and then it’s correct on the paycheck , but this time specifically the hours are split . So this makes it seem like the check will be wrong : either way I addressed this to my supervisor and my steward .

Attachments

• 91310F85-0AB7-4C3F-AED2-CB15FFB05754.jpeg
    91310F85-0AB7-4C3F-AED2-CB15FFB05754.jpeg
    281.3 KB · Views: 57

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
read your contract book.

R1wonder

Yeah a lot of folks have a problem if you aren’t working 8 hrs or you’re a runner. It’s none of their business overall

If I could get all my brothers to stick together and demand their 8 hours that would be a damn miracle , it will never happen unfortunately. So many guys are out on Saturday doing their entire truck because “they’re on over time” we’re coming In Monday and there’s no work. That’s why this past sat I didn’t do anything extra . I had a 7.25 hour day Monday and got my .75 guarantee , but the week before I did take my easy day. My run goes out much heavier than my neighbors so it doesn’t happen often

Last edited:

Cloud

If you have a 6th punch, then all of the Saturday hours will be converted into OT when the timecard finalizes. And all hours over 40 are automatic OT.