box-man

Maybe someone here can help me out with the rules. I was told today by my full time sup that no one is allowed overtime for the day and I had to clock out at 5 hours. I did as I was told, but a buddy of mine who works in another area for another full timer got almost 7 hours for the day and he told me that some newer guys with way less seniority than myself stayed and wrapped up the area I work in. When I go back in Tuesday and see that less seniority people got more hours than I did will I be able to grieve that for penalty pay? What exactly is the process regarding this? Thanks for any help.

Maybe someone here can help me out with the rules. I was told today by my full time sup that no one is allowed overtime for the day and I had to clock out at 5 hours. I did as I was told, but a buddy of mine who works in another area for another full timer got almost 7 hours for the day and he told me that some newer guys with way less seniority than myself stayed and wrapped up the area I work in. When I go back in Tuesday and see that less seniority people got more hours than I did will I be able to grieve that for penalty pay? What exactly is the process regarding this? Thanks for any help.
If a lower seniority guy go to work overtime, definitely file.

There's a guy who files all the time so they try to never work him. I think he makes more in penalty pay than working. Idfk that situation so I'm staying away. It's been a few months now since this started.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Why should anyone that's worked here longer than a couple of months even care about the clock? We have trouble enough keeping people for longer than 3 hours a day, 3 days a week.
I would say work until there are at least no more packages unprocessed in your vicinity. How we do it here on the preload is we flag down the steward and a supervisor, mention that person A with less seniority is to clock out first and that you would do the remaining work for your assignment and their assignment and that it would take you an extra 2 hours to do both.
If he agrees then you or both stay on the clock and finish work like we are bloody supposed to, if not just write up a grievance right there on the spot.

Boston25

If they are kicking you out and having junior guys come over and do the work then grieve it for the time the junior employees worked

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Your grievance will be for the hours that the junior man worked in excess of the number of hours that you worked. There is no penalty pay.

If they are kicking you out and having junior guys come over and do the work then grieve it for the time the junior employees worked

....in excess of the number of hours that you worked...

Griffin1820

File! File! File!
Did you File?

OrionsBitch

Not...
Could you grieve the opposite of this situation? Say youre a younger guy who isn't top rate yet and the send you to take work off of a driver who is top rate in order to reduce the top rate drivers overtime.

Griffin1820

File! File! File!
Could you grieve the opposite of this situation? Say youre a younger guy who isn't top rate yet and the send you to take work off of a driver who is top rate in order to reduce the top rate drivers overtime.
Ive never had them do that. Lol
They will send somebody to get my air but if its after 5 ive been told to deliver till midnight. Our sup is a bit of a :censored2:bag but then again im not top rate so when my wage is double and my OT is 50 bucks I may enjoy the extra work a little more.

Maplewood

Lmao yeah that'll work
In my building (center, I'm a driver) we have an established practice of all extra work being offered from the top and forced from the bottom. All our routes are within 10 miles of the hub so if you are way out there I could see it working differently.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
In my building (center, I'm a driver) we have an established practice of all extra work being offered from the top and forced from the bottom. All our routes are within 10 miles of the hub so if you are way out there I could see it working differently.
My center is the exact same way and I don't agree with it at all. Evening out dispatches is not "extra work"

Above10200

At scale or a routed driver you are guaranteed 8 hours of pay if you work!! Make sure you you pur the correct code in 03, 05,08

AlliSeeisBrown

Lol our center manager would send me to help someone 45 minutes away and send another guy in THAT loop to help someone in my loop. Never made any sense, but the OT drive was certainly appreciated every time.

dudebro

Lol our center manager would send me to help someone 45 minutes away and send another guy in THAT loop to help someone in my loop. Never made any sense, but the OT drive was certainly appreciated every time.

Probably not trying to beat last year's numbers by too much in case that manager is in the center again next year.