NO REFUNDS for not reading UPS terms of service.

BMWMC

B.C. boohoo buster.
UPS exception for deliveries.

http://www.ups.com/media/en/terms_service_us.pdf SECTION 48.2

All you hear is "you guys promised and didn't deliver." Well, I can't imagine the mental breakdowns these same people have when they see there ice cream start to melt seconds after its mounted onto a cone.

After working 60 hours a week delivering hundreds of million of packages in freezing rain, snow storms, unplowed driveways/walkways, these people carp and whine because there collective procrastination slammed the systems? We value all our customers but this isn't fantasy island. Many of the delays came from UPS shippers who where also overwhelmed by the traffic saying things where in stock but where not and uploading shipments into UPS computer system with no actual package or slammed UPS a week to days before Christmas. Nobody want to hold the hot potato and they threw it into UPS hands IMHO.

I hope UPS and the public have learn a lesson from this event. Ship earlier and for UPS its better to be overweight workers and vehicles than to run its typical just enough to get by planning.

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
Exactly. I saw a guy on tv this morning, saying he ordered something December 1. Ok, you ever think that maybe it's on back order???
How about all the loads these shippers held hours past their pull time on the 23rd? Left us with little to no chance of making the planes, let alone make service.
Shippers simply passing the buck to is.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I fully expect the same next year. Maybe worst. The last few years have been trending this way. Will UPS shut off the cash cow of air?

TUT

Fedex:

FedEx Ground
Packages tendered to FedEx Ground for delivery on the day after Thanksgiving will be scheduled for delivery on that day if the recipient business is open, but in any event, the delivery commitment will be extended to the next business day for application of the money-back guarantee.2 The money-back guarantee for FedEx Ground® and FedEx Home Delivery® services will be suspended temporarily for packages tendered during the 14 calendar days before Wednesday, Dec. 25, 2013 (Wednesday, Dec. 11, through Tuesday, Dec. 24).

FedEx Express
Consistent with our FedEx Service Guide, the FedEx Money-Back Guarantee for on-time delivery for the following FedEx Express® services will be suspended temporarily on Wednesday, Nov. 27, 2013, and from Wednesday, Dec. 18, through Tuesday, Dec. 24, 2013, for shipments that reach their destinations within 90 minutes of the scheduled commitment time.1

FedEx First Overnight®
FedEx Priority Overnight®
FedEx Standard Overnight®
FedEx 2Day® A.M.
FedEx 2Day®
FedEx Express Saver®
FedEx First Overnight® Freight
FedEx 1Day® Freight
FedEx 2Day® Freight
FedEx 3Day® Freight
FedEx International First®
FedEx International Priority®
FedEx International Economy®
FedEx International Priority DirectDistribution®
FedEx International Priority® Freight
FedEx International Economy® Freight
FedEx International Premium®

barnyard

KTM rider
Kohls was one of the worst offenders. Their label includes the order date, processing date and shipping date. I noticed on Christmas Eve, I was delivering stuff that had been ordered December 9.