No request 8 hours in Nov

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
I was loading my car a few days ago, it couldve been yesterday ( for all I care ), and I heard a driving soup say to a driver... " No request for 8 hours in November".

I dont know if this has always been. Would enjoy hearing from you guys. If you heard this-this year, or any other time. Just another fun filled addon from yours truly. Flavor of the week anyone?

tourists24

I was loading my car a few days ago, it couldve been yesterday ( for all I care ), and I heard a driving soup say to a driver... " No request for 8 hours in November".

I dont know if this has always been. Would enjoy hearing from you guys. If you heard this-this year, or any other time. Just another fun filled addon from yours truly. Flavor of the week anyone?
The sup is correct. As per Article 37 of our contract agreement there is no 8 hr guarantee requests that have to be accepted in November and December

JonFrum

I'm suspecting this Contract language may have something to do with it.

ARTICLE 37. MANAGEMENT EMPLOYEE RELATIONS
Section 1.
(b) . . . Such requests [for 8-hour days] shall not be submitted during the months of November and December.

UPSBOT

When UPS Was Fun
We have 8 hours & option days until Nov., 23. The 9.5 rule is not in effect during Nov. & Dec. I'm in Wis.

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
The Central Region has its own language for 8hr days. We can take them up until the Monday after Thanksgiving.

upsgrunt

I just used one yesterday, 11-4. They went over and beyond to honor it; now I am free from my sentence for the next 2 weeks. I've got a long list of stuff that needs to get done at home and I like the rest before peak.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I just used one yesterday, 11-4. They went over and beyond to honor it; now I am free from my sentence for the next 2 weeks. I've got a long list of stuff that needs to get done at home and I like the rest before peak.
​I'm off for 2 weeks as well. Woooohooooo:its_all_good:

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
I've got an 8-hr request for tomorrow a whopping 79 stops projected.

Good luck with that buisness route!

Talked to a driver the day after I asked you guys. He said hes never heard of request denied in Nov. This is in Florida mind you. The driver I overheard replied to that soup " really? Why not? ". Just thought it was something new, perhaps here it is.

AKCoverMan

We had eight hour days approved in Sept and Oct, but they were routinely not dispatched. Lots of grievances...I have three in myself.