No running water/ sanitary issues

local is 728. The hub had no running water, toilets unusable. unfortunately nobody knew ahead of time and found out the hard way. The issue was brought to the reload supervisor last night. is this a case for some sort of grievance? Tried asking shop steward, he told me to talk with the on road supe who wouldn’t acknowledge me

ski or die

Ski or Die
Had similar problem in our hub. But had running water but toilets a clogged everyday. Filed a grievance and Maintenance tried to brush it off. So I pulled out some polaroid pictures. Seemed convincing enough. They wanted to know where I obtained the pictures. Couldn't make me discuss where they came from. They didn't want OSHA involved and problem was corrected immediately. Every grievance I had to discuss with maintenance after that went pretty smooth.

Karma...

well put.....make one pass with management/union then contact the hammer (OSHA)....then you will be taken seriously......and sit down for this one......I recall a keter auditor gigging ups for a bad women's bathroom....

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
The contract states that all facilities must have restrooms and running water.

"The Employer agrees to maintain a clean, sanitary washroom having hot and cold running water with toilet facilities in all present and future buildings. The Employer further agrees to provide separate toilet and changing facilities for male and female employees in all present and future UPS buildings which have more than fifteen (15) drivers."

Big Rigger

Had similar problem in our hub. But had running water but toilets a clogged everyday. Filed a grievance and Maintenance tried to brush it off. So I pulled out some polaroid pictures. Seemed convincing enough. They wanted to know where I obtained the pictures. Couldn't make me discuss where they came from. They didn't want OSHA involved and problem was corrected immediately. Every grievance I had to discuss with maintenance after that went pretty smooth.
You are allowed to take pictures in and on the property and especially concerning safety issues. You may record conversations as well as long your state allows it and one person (you) in the immediate area of recording knows it's being done.
Polaroid pictures?

M

MenInBrown

local is 728. The hub had no running water, toilets unusable. unfortunately nobody knew ahead of time and found out the hard way. The issue was brought to the reload supervisor last night. is this a case for some sort of grievance? Tried asking shop steward, he told me to talk with the on road supe who wouldn’t acknowledge me
Contact OSHA. I called them for piss bottles in my truck when I got back from vacation bc the sup told me to throw them away. I stood there and watched him do it after I called OSHA standing in front of him. What’s funny is they told me I would remain anonymous. I said I’m standing right in front of him I don’t care if they have my name.

Karma...

there is nothing or no one anonymous at ups ....cameras, taps, informants, management hired as union people, rewards paid out to union people to rat on other members, undercover police in the work force. all this has been going on for a long time. infiltrations. take a good look at the people you work for and the people you work with..there are more moles among you.

Last edited:

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Forget the OSHA bull. Your local health department will get you action.

How any facility can have no water us beyond me? Something from this story is missing?

ski or die

Ski or Die
You are allowed to take pictures in and on the property and especially concerning safety issues. You may record conversations as well as long your state allows it and one person (you) in the immediate area of recording knows it's being done.
Polaroid pictures?
Polaroid pictures were used. Excellent evidence. Problem solved immediately.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
there is nothing or no one anonymous at ups ....cameras, taps, informants, management hired as union people, rewards paid out to union people to rat on other members, undercover police in the work force. all this has been going on for a long time. infiltrations. take a good look at the people you work for and the people you work with..there are more moles among you.
Always assume you are being watched and recorded

Big Rigger

Forget the OSHA bull. Your local health department will get you action.

How any facility can have no water us beyond me? Something from this story is missing?
The health dept having jurisdiction is a great help if they have the spine to actually see the problem through.
Fyi our governing OSHA office is very aggressive and when the company gets a phone call from them (letter comes later) the company responds very quickly because they've been fined multiple times here before.

You may think it's "bull" but the company doesn't.