no saturday mail?

over9five

Staff member
Saturday mail delivery is such a huge waste of money. Nobody needs to get Saturday mail. I do think the P.O.s should be open Saturday tho.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I always thought it was a waste of time and money to deliver mail six days a week. Tuesday is their slow day, I'm surprised they didn't try to stop it on that day. I do think they need to have their counter open on Saturday still, some people can't get there during the week.

klein

Für Meno :)
We haven't had Saturday mail since early 70's ! And no one cares ! I still only check my mailbox (supermailbox) once or twice a week !

rod

Retired 22 years
They could only deliver mail once a week as far as I am concerned. Everything we do is either auto deposit or auto payment so the only mail we get is junk mail or statments saying such and such bill was paid by auto payment.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I always thought it was a waste of time and money to deliver mail six days a week. Tuesday is their slow day, I'm surprised they didn't try to stop it on that day. I do think they need to have their counter open on Saturday still, some people can't get there during the week.

All of the letter carriers I spoke to also suggested suspending Tuesday delivery as it is their slowest day. I guess USPS and UPS are alike in that mgt of both don't listen to their employees.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
All this to save our Govt. a paltry couple of billion? Mail is a service the majority people actually use. Cut a couple billion out of the other Govt. programs that go to the few. SS Disability comes to mind. Talk about getting milked.

rod

Retired 22 years
They can't stop Tuesdays. That's when my Globe, Enquirer & Star magazines come !!

isn't that how The Men in Black keep track of the aliens--------------------------------(sorry UpState- I couldn't find a irrelevant YouTube clip for you)

All this to save our Govt. a paltry couple of billion? Mail is a service the majority people actually use. Cut a couple billion out of the other Govt. programs that go to the few. SS Disability comes to mind. Talk about getting milked.
Careful for what you wish, you may need that someday. Not everyone on disability (SS or otherwise) are milking the system.
I can't remember ever getting anything in the mail on a Saturday that I could not wait till Monday to receive.

govols019

You smell that?
I could start today and probably never make it through every movie that is available through streaming. Whether more than 10% of those movies are worth watching is debatable.

fxdwg

Long Time Member
I actually enjoy receiving mail. I never know what is going to show up and I actually get a kick out of sitting down and opening the envelopes.
I don't care if it is junk or not, I still like receiving it.
I like those coupon packets with 25-40 coupons in them.

moreluck

golden ticket member
My dog likes" Mocha Mail". She goes whacko over an envelope with a cellophane window. I give her the emptied envelope and she shreds it to bits frantically shaking it. She never helps in the clean-up afterwards.