no saturday mail?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It will certainly be an adjustment at first but changes need to be made as the USPS cannot continue to operate in the red. The one point that I have yet to see discussed would be the impact Monday holidays would have on their operations as they would get slammed on the following Tuesday.

I have one bill that I pay by mail--my electric bill. I sometimes will not mail that and will use their drop box. They do offer online payment but charge $4.95 per transaction for the privilege. All of my other bills are either scheduled EFTs or bills that I will schedule upon receipt of an e-mail.

The elderly seem to have more of a dependance upon the mail as they are usually the slowest to accept technological changes.

NHDRVR

Yeah, I agree with that. The guys at the PO I deliver to in town were telling me it will save about 6 billion dollars. I can't remember the breakdown of it BUT they also said about 10,000 jobs are going to be lost as well due to 'swing' drivers being omitted...

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Why does the postal service have to make money when everything else the govt runs costs money? It's a service most people need. The govt spend alot more on programs most people do not need.

over9five

Staff member
Let's let the PO make some money. I would be in favor of a regular letter rate of $3.00. Think about it, a guy comes to your mailbox and takes that letter anywhere in the US.
$3.00 per stamp is worth it.

over9five

Staff member
Since I pay just about every bill online, I'm all for them jacking up their rates.

Exactly. You are under no obligation to buy their $3 stamps, but if you have to it is a fair price to take a letter anywhere in the US.

In fact, make it $5.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I only pay doctor bills by mail, they can wait for my money. I don't have to worry about the post office losing my regular monthly payments like they have done a few times, and the payments get there by the due date.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I have one bill that I have to pay by mail, quarterly. I would hate to have to by a 3$ stamp just to send the payment 20 miles. I have taken the payment to them when I am on rte in that area but it's not an area that I am routinely in.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Scratch.....re: your "always do right" signature. I had a nun in high school who wrote a different saying on the blackboard every day and that was one of them......from 1963!!

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Scratch.....re: your "always do right" signature. I had a nun in high school who wrote a different saying on the blackboard every day and that was one of them......from 1963!!

I copied those two quotes off somebody's Facebook profile. There is a lot of wisdom in these old sayings. The old Golden Rule, "Treat everybody else like you yourself want to be treated". I figured out a long time ago that life goes by easier if you just admit if you made a mistake and took responsibility for it. If you don't lie, you don't have to worry about trying to remember to say the same thing.......

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I copied those two quotes off somebody's Facebook profile. There is a lot of wisdom in these old sayings. The old Golden Rule, "Treat everybody else like you yourself want to be treated". I figured out a long time ago that life goes by easier if you just admit if you made a mistake and took responsibility for it. If you don't lie, you don't have to worry about trying to remember to say the same thing.......

Even if doing the right thing doesn't gratify some people, it should always gratify oneself. That's all that matters. :happy2:

705red

Browncafe Steward
Hey guys, you nee to step away from teh computer and go for a walk. If this keeps up it will not end with a pleasant outcome. We cannot carry over feelings from thread to thread. That thread has been closed because of it, its not fair to everyone here to keep hijacking their threads.

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
You may have noticed some posts being deleted....

Let's move on ( and you know what I'm talking about) I don't want to have to close another thread...

bumped

At what price would you stop sending Christmas cards. I'm thinking once the price reaches $1 there would be no way I'm sending anymore.

over9five

Staff member
At what price would you stop sending Christmas cards. I'm thinking once the price reaches $1 there would be no way I'm sending anymore.

I'm sure there's a way to send electronic Christmas cards. Your family and friends could then print them out.