No scans

upsman68

We were told today that if you have a no scan and your load was scan checked that you will be fired immediately. What happened to progressive discipline? I'm sure you will probably get your job back but who wants to go through that.

PT Car Washer

I assume you are talking about delivery scans and not pick up scans. Why would you not scan a delivery? Trying to hide something? Yes I have seen drivers terminated for this.

Cementups

Box Monkey
We were told today that if you have a no scan and your load was scan checked that you will be fired immediately. What happened to progressive discipline? I'm sure you will probably get your job back but who wants to go through that.

Because this is dishonesty which is a fireable offense.

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

It's not dishonesty ups can try to do that but they will lose and they know it......like you said it's not dishonesty it's a mistake.......at most methods and procedures warning letter

Wizzy

Because this is dishonesty which is a fireable offense.

That's BS! You never make a mistake, miss a scan while stacking a bunch of packages? Warning letter, warning letter, suspension, termination! Read your contract, innocent until proven guilty. Most drivers care about their jobs, about service and making sure UPS stays profitable. Stand up and support each other!

BrownTexas

They are big on no scans here also. Just communicate when you don't have a package. Mistake happen. They can't fire you for that. Especially if they contact the customer and they inform them that they have said package.

S

selfcancelsignal

Technology is good enough these days, they should be able to track any & all parcels you toggle "not found" on. & if you miss a scan, they should be able to track it & see it was left at a business. Would make it super easy to find any thieves too.

BrownChoice

The biggest issue I have with these "no scans" is the fact that Ive been blamed for a no scan I know dam well I did not have, yet I showed up on the no scan report the next day... Whats up with that?

JL 0513

There's no way they can fire you for this. It's quite possible (and will happen to everyone) that a misload happens to go un-scanned because it accidentally gets buried by send agains or P/U's during the day. An honest mistake. Could easily be a letter out of view on the top shelf and a P/U gets thrown on it.

PT Car Washer

There's no way they can fire you for this. It's quite possible (and will happen to everyone) that a misload happens to go un-scanned because it accidentally gets buried by send agains or P/U's during the day. An honest mistake. Could easily be a letter out of view on the top shelf and a P/U gets thrown on it.
True that can happen. Most times it is the driver wanting to get off early and not wanting to run a misload.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Falsifying records?