No surprise to me

Mutineer

All the other XG vans I have seen with that same outward appearance are equipped with automatic transmissions. I'm guessing that one is too.

I've heard people refer to manual transmissions as "Millennial anti-theft devices."
From what I've experienced, that is often true.

ManInBrown

Yup. Seen

Parked the wrong way on residential streets
Nosed into 25 foot driveways
Backdoor left up at businesses while they go inside, keys in ignition truck running

Yaba Daba Do

Donkey Punch Extraordinaire
Yup. Seen

Parked the wrong way on residential streets
Nosed into 25 foot driveways
Backdoor left up at businesses while they go inside, keys in ignition truck running
It's okay, I'm sure they have saved enough time cutting corners over the years that the saved money more than makes up for the damaged packages and package car.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Leave car running, bulkhead door open all day, optional seatbelt use.......not that I ever did anything like that!
That’s what I used to call anti speeding methods. Even the occasional hand cart slamming into the stick didn’t deter me from closing the door, but made me aware of speeding and sudden stops.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Leaving the back door open too.

You could lower your dispatch yourself by leaving the building that way....I actually once had a country route where that was a way to blow the dust out of the car late in the afternoon.

Last edited:

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
That’s what I used to call anti speeding methods. Even the occasional hand cart slamming into the stick didn’t deter me from closing the door, but made me aware of speeding and sudden stops.

Your could tape the bulkhead door open, wad up a delivery notice to cram in the lock, or use a bungee cord to hold it open. When I was originally trained for package car, my supervisor said it was okay to leave the door open as long as I had it in sight.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Your could tape the bulkhead door open, wad up a delivery notice to cram in the lock, or use a bungee cord to hold it open. When I was originally trained for package car, my supervisor said it was okay to leave the door open as long as I had it in sight.
Same here. Info notices were also good to seal up the engine cover with some tape to keep the heat down.

JustDeliverIt

"If you picked up a package in Bellevue, Mercer Island or Seattle that you think might of fallen off a FedEx truck, we’d like to know about it, because it probably fell off a FedEx truck,"

HAHA!!!!

TheMachine

Are you sure you want to punch out?
Since telematics picks up truck movement smaller than an Ants c0ck, you can’t leave your truck running and take your seatbelt off without getting called into the office for about 300 seatbelt violations.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Seatbelt was only for to and from area