No Thanksgiving Is Complete Without A Visit To Alice's Restaurant

Catatonic

Nine Lives
97.1 was playing that this morning.
I have no idea how they are going to turn this into a 2 hour deal.
I did not know this had become part of the Thanksgiving lexicon.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
It reminds me of when I cracked a mirror on a limb in a customers driveway.

My sup made a 4 hour roundtrip to the scene of the crime so that he could take 27 8x10 color glossy pictures of a tree, with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one explaining what each one was, to be used as evidence against me.

S

serenity now

My sup made a 4 hour roundtrip to the scene of the crime so that he could take 27 8x10 color glossy pictures of a tree, with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one explaining what each one was, to be used as evidence against me.

each time i have broken a mirror it was while adjusting said mirror for an optimum view thereby maintaining full safety compliance * those suckers will dry rot in the frames

wkmac

It's sad this professor when speaking of Jefferson (rightly so) had a golden opportunity to open an important door about the Iroquois Confederacy, it's participatory democracy and it's impact upon our own and yet did not.

It's ironic that the idea of participatory democracy of the Occupy movement (much to their ignorance) may well indeed be more firmly rooted in the 6 Nations than it is in the Greco-Roman ideal but it's potentially professors like this above that keep suppressing the discussion in order to keep the status quo happy and protect tenure. I offer the introduction to the book, "Forgotten Founders" in support of my assertion.

Remembering Russell Means

soberups

each time i have broken a mirror it was while adjusting said mirror for an optimum view thereby maintaining full safety compliance * those suckers will dry rot in the frames

Me too, only instead of putting myself at risk of injury with an end range motion, I attempted to use a nearby tree branch to adjust the mirror.

They didnt buy it.

wkmac

From then on, I'd call him Obie.

soberups

This thread gives me an idea.

The next time some Safety Committee pinhead calls me over and wants me to recite the 10 point commentary, I will instead sing a line of "Alice's Restaurant" and walk away.

Can you imagine three, three people doing it? We would start a movement!

bluehdmc

At noon the classic rock station is going to stop their annual count down of the top 1043 greatest rock and roll songs as voted by listenters, to play Alice's Restaurant. This is their 12th countdown, so far Stairway to Heaven has come in 1st every year.

soberups

At noon the classic rock station is going to stop their annual count down of the top 1043 greatest rock and roll songs as voted by listenters, to play Alice's Restaurant. This is their 12th countdown, so far Stairway to Heaven has come in 1st every year.

Overplayed and overrated.

It certainly belongs in the top 10, but as far as I am concerned, #1 would either be "Tom Sawyer" by Rush or "Feelin' that way/Anytime that you want me" by Journey.

island1fox

Happy Thanksgiving to all !!!!--especially the Current events participants that keep lively and mainly civil discussion year round.:wink2:

bluehdmc

Overplayed and overrated.

It certainly belongs in the top 10, but as far as I am concerned, #1 would either be "Tom Sawyer" by Rush or "Feelin' that way/Anytime that you want me" by Journey.

It's what the vote tally is, Tom Sawyer is #21, up from #32 in 2011.
Feelin' that way didn't make the cut this year, last year #731.

I checked Led Zeppelin on the list, 12th yr in a row Stairway to Heaven voted #1, what can I say?

I think they start taking listeners votes in beginning of Nov, sorta like the Presidential election your candidate doesn't always win.