No wonder we`re in a mess

The-UK-Guy

Tea anyone ?
After filing my W2s this year I was just thinking to my self how desperate I was to own a house. It seemed like such a great idea at the time I purchased.
I paid 35,000 in interest and 50000 in property taxes for 2008.
Is that about the norm or did I take it in the shorts ? Just wondering how much fellow UPSers paid last year.
I live in Los Angeles County.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I paid $1179 in property taxes for one acre in the suburbs. House size is 1600 square feet. And I am mad about that, I hate taxes.

rod

Retired 22 years
No interest (house paid for) but did pay $2,800 property tax last year. 2800 sq feet house + 28 X 36 shop - 5 acres - 365 feet of Mississippi River frontage. I can't even imagine what kind of house it would take to have a $50,000 property tax on it.

rwsmith67

After filing my W2s this year I was just thinking to my self how desperate I was to own a house. It seemed like such a great idea at the time I purchased.
Is that about the norm or did I take it in the shorts ? Just wondering how much fellow UPSers paid last year.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

There is no way in hell you paid $35K in interest and $50K in property taxes.

I paid $4K and $2.5K respectively and, no, I don't live in a cardboard box out by the freeway. I have a modest ($90K) condo which is ideal for me.

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
What's not to believe? He said he was part of MJ's Security Detail. I'm sure he was paid handsomely for manning the warning buzzer in MJ's bedroom.

backinbrown

respect my authority
I wanted to pic of property worth 50000 in property taxes lol

i think most of us knew it was a key typing issue therefore you will need a 3 day type along to improve your typing methods.

The-UK-Guy

Tea anyone ?
What's not to believe? He said he was part of MJ's Security Detail. I'm sure he was paid handsomely for manning the warning buzzer in MJ's bedroom.

lol , I MANAGED the security team,made the weekly staff scheduel and relayed any concerns the Jacksons had to the guards. They requested an all black staff so I rarley stepped foot inside the place