No work (snowday)

Called in the morning. 9:45 start time.. show up "GO HOME, no worK"... sweet

Now wonder what will happen tomorrow, all the trucks were ready to go out, will they send us out with that or add more to the trips

rod

Retired 22 years
Called in the morning. 9:45 start time.. show up "GO HOME, no worK"... sweet

Now wonder what will happen tomorrow, all the trucks were ready to go out, will they send us out with that or add more to the trips

Everyone will be given an 8 hour day and they will be waiting for you at 5 o'clock with pizza and beer.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
Called out today due to snow for the first time in my career.

I started getting a little tired of having work shoveled onto me (no pun intended) from others that called out by the dispatcher because "I was a good soldier".

Feels pretty good.

over9five

Staff member
6vskh.jpg

Cementups

Box Monkey
Our center told us to call back at 9:30. And then later said to call at 11:00. The one by one we all started calling off saying we didn't feel safe coming in. Not sure how many drivers they were down to but it must have been enough to close the center shortly after.

Marne Vet

Asked for the day off last minute, and last night was still scheduled as extra. Got the text to come in with a late start of 10:30 around 6:30 AM. Totally pissed off. I drive in, blizzard-like conditions where multiple accidents were all over the highway, and soon as I walk into the building they tell us we can go home. Seriously? Happy, obviously, but what a complete waste of time and at risk of injury. Feel bad for anyone working tomorrow. Have a personal scheduled. Guys will be working Saturday also and the roads are all a nightmare. Be safe out there. When in doubt, sheet it NI, or EC. Your safety trumps anything in that package car!

rod

Retired 22 years
Remember, these are the same people who sold out the part-timers for better wages, pension and healthcare. Booking off in a blizzard is small change compared to that.

While I won't disagree with you that those who take the day off create more work for those that don't --I don't think your "sold out the part-timers argument" is true. If anyone sold out the part-timers I would venture a guess that it was the part-timers themselves ---.once again. I could be wrong. Has there been any statistics released yet on the % of part-time vs full-time who actually took the time to participate in the contract process up to and including voting on it? You of all people should know that the squeaky wheel gets the grease. Being that UPS has way more part timers than full timers they could rule the company if they stuck together.

While I won't disagree with you that those who take the day off create more work for those that don't --I don't think your "sold out the part-timers argument" is true. If anyone sold out the part-timers I would venture a guess that it was the part-timers themselves ---.once again. I could be wrong. Has there been any statistics released yet on the % of part-time vs full-time who actually took the time to participate in the contract process up to and including voting on it? You of all people should know that the squeaky wheel gets the grease. Being that UPS has way more part timers than full timers they could rule the company if they stuck together.

I say it's a safe bet the PTimers were about as active then as they are now.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Asked for the day off last minute, and last night was still scheduled as extra. Got the text to come in with a late start of 10:30 around 6:30 AM. Totally pissed off. I drive in, blizzard-like conditions where multiple accidents were all over the highway, and soon as I walk into the building they tell us we can go home. Seriously? Happy, obviously, but what a complete waste of time and at risk of injury. Feel bad for anyone working tomorrow. Have a personal scheduled. Guys will be working Saturday also and the roads are all a nightmare. Be safe out there. When in doubt, sheet it NI, or EC. Your safety trumps anything in that package car!
They told ya to come in, you get paid for 8 even if they change their minds and send you home. So not a complete waste of time.