Nobody wants to be pt Sup!Why?

softshoe

Don't listen to these fools. Wouldn't you rather just stand around while a couple of management guys help out the poor, beaten, tired, workforce? Deep down your doing the right thing. Your saving your "brothers" from having to do too much work. I like guys like you. I keep them in every pocket. Most of the time they will sign off on any greivance that they were being trained. Keep up the good work kid!!!

Great Humor!

Notcool

Have you ever thought that if people filed grievances, that you would have another co-worker hired to help out (you know, doing the right thing and helping to create another job for someone who needs it) .. instead of the company stealing minutes and hours by violating the contract.

From what you posted here, you have no interest in keeping your job. That is how I feel about people who are just stomped on at UPS and allow them to run rampant. When I hear posts like yours, as painful as it sounds and it is a good lesson learned: maybe the next job cut is your job cut. You won't be loading anymore, it will just be the sup taking over your job. When someone DOES begin grieving, they'll hire someone back to replace you and be back to square one except cheaper labor.

You are 100% right. I am going to talk to our union rep today. He knows about it. I really don't think they will hire anyone to help out. They will just let me drown.

Why be a PT supervisor and work vampire hours when you can become a full time driver and work "normal" hours? Let's start with benefits. You get paid THOUSANDS more as a driver. And you have a union. In my building the nassau hub our manager this guy Mckenna beats and abuses the part time and full time supervisors daily. I work in the sort aisle so I hear him yelling on the radio all night long. He abuses the piss out of these guys. And the full timers all look like they want to kill themselves. Hell half of them quit there is a brand new team of full timers in my building. I hear even more are going to quit.

Say you do get promoted to a ft sup and get the extra bump in salary? You can expect 14-17 hour work days, abuse, and harassment. And don't expect any over-time pay and if you get injured you aren't allowed to follow an accident report. You won't have anytime to spend with your family and you will be miserable like all the full time supervisors in nassau. The choice is yours.