Non-Peak Driver helper for Part-timers

Bitcoinz

They wanted my "Avatar" pic.
Hey,

So here's my question. I'm a part-time worker (6 1/2 years) and today was asked to driver help in another hub today. I am qualified to drive, but today they asked me If I wanted to do driver helper, so I said sure. Mind you though I drive Saturdays, but never have driven utility yet.

Since this is NON-Peak driver helper, and I haven't gone utility driving yet. I would make the full driver wage, plus time and a half at 5 hours and double time at 8, correct?

Bitcoinz

They wanted my "Avatar" pic.
Strange, because my BA told my different, just looking to confirm this.. Maybe its a local contract thing.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Strange, because my BA told my different, just looking to confirm this.. Maybe its a local contract thing.
Unless your local supp says different. The times I doubled as a helper the last 2 months....I was paid my preload rate..OT after 5 hours...so basically once I got on the car...was already on OT.

fres431

NorCal off peak helpers get too driver rate with OT after 8hr combined work in one day. If your preload start 1200 am or the previous day all pay what would be straight pay is time and half prior to the 8hour rule

Sent using BrownCafe App

Dr.Brownz

Non-seasonal helpers get paid top driver rate and overtime at 8. Might be a western region thing

Our part timers who cover driver are getting top rate also

By The Book

Hey,

So here's my question. I'm a part-time worker (6 1/2 years) and today was asked to driver help in another hub today. I am qualified to drive, but today they asked me If I wanted to do driver helper, so I said sure. Mind you though I drive Saturdays, but never have driven utility yet.

Since this is NON-Peak driver helper, and I haven't gone utility driving yet. I would make the full driver wage, plus time and a half at 5 hours and double time at 8, correct?
You will probably get your preload rate for those hours then get paid top rate for those hours up to 8 hours worked. Then you will get time and one half for all hours worked over 8 at the top rate. How long have you been driver qualified and delivering Saturdays? They want you to be a helper so your progression doesn't start is my guess.