Non Safety Assessments Now Required For Continued Employment?

A

anonymous6

a 100% score is now required even on non safety assessments,

we have assessments on nutrition and on alcoholism and drug abuse with opinions brought down from corporate that we have to agree with 100%.???

if we don't we can be disciplined up to and including discharge. minimum being taken off road.

why can't we have a different opinion on non safety? these so called opinions change on a yearly basis. remember when eggs , and coffee was bad for you? now they say they are good. there are hundreds of other examples.

i don't like being told what to think and what to believe in on non safety issues.

is there any basis to file a greivance on this?

what's next? assessments on religion and same sex marriage tolerance?

UPSGUY72

we have assessments on nutrition and on alcoholism and drug abuse with opinions brought down from corporate that we have to agree with 100%.???

if we don't we can be disciplined up to and including discharge. minimum being taken off road.

why can't we have a different opinion on non safety? these so called opinions change on a yearly basis. remember when eggs , and coffee was bad for you? now they say they are good. there are hundreds of other examples.

i don't like being told what to think and what to believe in on non safety issues.

Do you believe everything management tells you ??? These are idle threats unless you let them take advantage of you. Has anyone in your building told your BA about this new rule ???

Yes you can file a greivance and would win.

A

anonymous6

Do you believe everything management tells you ??? These are idle threats unless you let them take advantage of you. Has anyone in your building told your BA about this new rule ???

Yes you can file a greivance and would win.

ok , grievance under what article? also they are not idle threats as drivers have already been taken off road.

tourists24

what is the wording on these assessments.... ? Is this UPS trying to educate workers or demanding you change your lifestyle in order to work here? Simply tell them that its none of their business what you do on your time. If you are doing something illegal and it comes to the forefront at work, then you deal with it. Short of that, its none of anyone elses business. Anything they do to you will be short lived and will end up costing them if you lose hours

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
you cannot be disciplined for failing the safety questions much less any of their other BS. If they chose to bring you inside to review safety drivel so be it, your getting paid to be in the heat or A/C for the entire day, and as stated grieve for the overtime for whomever runs your route.

A

anonymous6

wondering if anyone knows what i am talking about. it's the assessments we have have to do every month on the computer. for the first couple years it was only about safety.

now they are branching out into other areas like nutrition and other non safety issues. i believe some of their answers are wrong but they are requring us to answer them the way they think. i think they are overstepping their boundaries and want to know if we can do something about it.

example. they say that drug abuse is a "disease " I don't think like that. that is a loser mentality. i think it is weakness or character flaw. regardless , it is just MY OPINION. their opinion is that is a disease.

everyone is entitled to an opinion. i just don't want their opinions shoved down my throat.

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
wondering if anyone knows what i am talking about. it's the assessments we have have to do every month on the computer. for the first couple years it was only about safety.

now they are branching out into other areas like nutrition and other non safety issues. i believe some of their answers are wrong but they are requring us to answer them the way they think. i think they are overstepping their boundaries and want to know if we can do something about it.

example. they say that drug abuse is a "disease " I don't think like that. that is a loser mentality. i think it is weakness or character flaw. regardless , it is just MY OPINION. their opinion is that is a disease.

everyone is entitled to an opinion. i just don't want their opinions shoved down my throat.

We do not have any computer assesments so no I do not.

UPSGUY72

We do not have any computer assesments so no I do not.

You probably do ask your SUP if you want to open up a can of worms.

I've done a couple of them on the computer in the building while being paid. You can keep taking them over and over till you get a 100% and the anwsers you get wrong they tell you the right anwser at the end so next time you do it you should get them right. Usually they make you do a assesment after you get into an accident or injury.

TheDick

We used todo them, CBT's. We dont do them now cuz they dont want to pay us todo this comp based train. So now they do them on paper during a PCM and give us the answers and finish 1 or 2 CBT's in like 30seconds. Do we learn anything? No. But we are paid todo it.

UPSGUY72

We used todo them, CBT's. We dont do them now cuz they dont want to pay us todo this comp based train. So now they do them on paper during a PCM and give us the answers and finish 1 or 2 CBT's in like 30seconds. Do we learn anything? No. But we are paid todo it.

All those papers they hand out in the PCM for us to fill out tp pass time when the preload isn't done find there way into the circlur file.

some1else

Banned
So the handouts that say dont drink, go to bed early etc etc i would file Under article 17 for 24hours a day until they mind thier own business.

Catatonic

Nine Lives

It has nothing to do with opinions ... everything is an opinion if it can't be scientifically proven (that is an opinion).

It's just a test.

It has nothing to do with opinions ... everything is an opinion if it can't be scientifically proven (that is an opinion).

It's just a test.
It's not just a test, it's another method of harassment. This may have started out as a way to "educate" employees on healthy living, but like many things UPS corporate does turns into harassment tools on the local level. Remember how Telematics started out, a way to help with vehicle maintenance and streamline the delivery process? Well, now it is being used as a termination tool.

hubrat

Squeaky Wheel

Their terminology is wrong. SUBSTANCE abuse is not a disease. It is:

A."a maladaptive pattern of substance use leading to clinically significant impairment or
distress, as manifested by one or more of the following: (paraphrasing)
1. Recurrent use that results in failure to fulfill a major role, such as work or school or
caring for children.
2. Recurrent use in situations where it's physically hazardous
3. Legal problems related to recurrent substance abuse.
4. Continued use despite having significant personal or social problems because of it.

-OR-

B. The symptoms have never met the criteria for Substance Dependence for this class of substance."

Substance DEPENDENCE is a disease.

This is not taken as opinion in the medical community. They are both used as medical diagnoses.

The tests are for training purposes. We've been taking them here for a couple years. Sit there and retake it until you get 100%.