Non traditional age guys

542thruNthru

Thanks for the replies everyone.. You all make me want to stay in Accounting. haha, I appreciate the help!!

Do you have a family?
Just know the average FT driver day at UPS is 10 1/2 hours. During peak (nov-jan) is 12 to 14 hours.

Stick with a nice office job and enjoy the rewards of the hard work you did getting a MBA.

UPS in my opinion is not a good choice for you unless you're using it to just pay your college debt.

Collinsdad

Do you have a family?
Just know the average FT driver day at UPS is 10 1/2 hours. During peak (nov-jan) is 12 to 14 hours.

Stick with a nice office job and enjoy the rewards of the hard work you did getting a MBA.

UPS in my opinion is not a good choice for you unless you're using it to just pay your college debt.
I do. Wife and little girl. And yes the original intent was to just help pay for school. Just thought I could maybe turn it into something bigger.
I appreciate the honesty!

542thruNthru

I do. Wife and little girl. And yes the original intent was to just help pay for school. Just thought I could maybe turn it into something bigger.

It's not a bad job. I actually love it, but you have to have a strong understanding wife/husband/whatever they identify as.

If not its going to be a loooong career.

Good luck

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
Don’t do it man , you’ll be working all weekend , your wife will eventually leave you and take everything you have. I have seen this happen dozens of times in my career

Snack

I recently started driving, and I’m in my late 30’s. The first 18 months or so have been a little rough. Long stretches without being staffed. I’ve had to lean on my credit card a few times.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
Wow. We've had 4 ORS hired in the last year or so. None had to driver before hand. They did have to go to a school/training place.

Hell we even had one sup that had to finally be pushed out after a year because she couldn't qualify for a DOT card.

Maybe it's different depending on the area
My center manager couldn't pass a dot physical without paying off a doctor. Morbidly obese and hasn't seen his feet in years. Much less touched them.