Norwalk CT

So I interviewed for seasonal package driver at Norwalk CT, and have a road test scheduled next week, which I'm good with. Near the end of the interview the HR rep says to me, oh and you have to do 5 days of training in Hartford. That's like a 2 1/2 hour drive. I thought traveling long distances for training was for people going for permanent jobs, the so-called 2 week boot camp.

Anyway, I didn't even think to ask her if UPS pays for the hotel for a week-long seasonal driver training program or what. If not, I'm out.

It's 1.5 hours if you drive it at 2:00 in the morning. But going in rush hour traffic, it's closer to 2.5.

Isn't there a distribution center in Elmsford, NY? That would be a heck of alot closer than Hartford.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
No, you're wrong. Take it from someone who drives up I-95 from Greenwich to Westport in rush hour everyday. It's that same crawl all the way upstate in rush hour.
No, it really isn’t. My wife drives I-91 from Windsor Locks to North Haven every single day. It’s not that bad.

Especially not 2.5 hours bad. You can take 84 the entire width of the state and it not even be that long

Box Ox

No, you're wrong. Take it from someone who drives up I-95 from Greenwich to Westport in rush hour everyday. It's that same crawl all the way upstate in rush hour.

No, it really isn’t. My wife drives I-91 from Windsor Locks to North Haven every single day. It’s not that bad.

Especially not 2.5 hours bad. You can take 84 the entire width of the state and it not even be that long

wrestling-in-one-gif_o_382945.gif