Not a worry in the world .

McFeely

Huge Member
I think that ground/express will have trouble this peak delivering packages on time. Do you disagree?
I agree that some terminals/stations will have troubles. Not necessarily all though.

I am curious about our hubs’ staffing as well as our flight delays, however.

Serf

For the rank & file; instead of leaving the building at 10:22 on 21 Dec with 156 stops, you’ll leave 20 min earlier with 116 stops. 30 min breaks approved.

yadig

I’d say this time next year FedEx as we know it will be completely different. Then you’ve got to decide if working here anymore is even worth it.

bacha29

I think that ground/express will have trouble this peak delivering packages on time. Do you disagree?
They have trouble every year. What's going to make this one any different? What might hurt them more than needed is that they cut back delivery capacity (trucks and manpower) more than they should have. If it does they'll simply call in some manpower and catch up.

yadig

They have trouble every year. What's going to make this one any different? What might hurt them more than needed is that they cut back delivery capacity (trucks and manpower) more than they should have. If it does they'll simply call in some manpower and catch up.
Express hasn’t really had a peak in a few years. We gave a lot of 2 day over to ground. I think this peak will be the same unless ground contractors keep pulling out. This company is bout to go through some major changes next year as they begin to combine opcos. I see stations at express being closed and moving them into the massive ground facilities. Express will be at ramps only and moving p1 and fo only and It will be mostly part time work. I’m curious to see what happens when the express courier is sorting freight next to the ground courier.

NC man

Last Dec was my easiest peak ever,year 33. Barely worked any OT. Was done every day before dark except for one.with grd and express drivers quitting or retiring they probably have to combine to keep going.heck I might go back and drive pt if express goes that way.

Serf

Express hasn’t really had a peak in a few years. We gave a lot of 2 day over to ground. I think this peak will be the same unless ground contractors keep pulling out. This company is bout to go through some major changes next year as they begin to combine opcos. I see stations at express being closed and moving them into the massive ground facilities. Express will be at ramps only and moving p1 and fo only and It will be mostly part time work. I’m curious to see what happens when the express courier is sorting freight next to the ground courier.
If that’s the case, which I am in agreement with, I will be the best p1/fo driver around. I can’t wait to work 6 and go the eff home.

Mutineer

If by "manpower" you mean manpower to deploy tarps and pallets, then yes.

thedownhillEXPRESS

...aaannnd they'll STILL blame it on a labor shortage just the same.

You will see. And you will become wiser.
Yeah…. Raj seems to be way off with his crybaby rant so far. Hint, maybe it’s FedEx that sucks and not the economy like we’ve been warning about for years. #getwhatyoupayforRaj
02F43D90-BAD4-4C5F-9804-8942242D98FE.png

Attachments

• 09EEF45C-7C14-45EE-9456-D87B00C361D4.png
    09EEF45C-7C14-45EE-9456-D87B00C361D4.png
    537.9 KB · Views: 39