Not Coding as Unattempted

MassWineGuy

The station administrative person told me tonight that instead of coding unattempted deliveries as DEX 01 I shouldn’t code them at all except with a status code 44. This is because of the high amount of rolling freight, she said. DEX 01’s, she said, makes the district look bad. Maybe that’s because it is bad.

I’ve never heard of nor been asked before to not code unattempted freight. Has anyone heard this?

falcon back

The station administrative person told me tonight that instead of coding unattempted deliveries as DEX 01 I shouldn’t code them at all except with a status code 44. This is because of the high amount of rolling freight, she said. DEX 01’s, she said, makes the district look bad. Maybe that’s because it is bad.

I’ve never heard of nor been asked before to not code unattempted freight. Has anyone heard this?
Take a deep breath and relax

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American

Keep doing Dex 01 until they give you a letter, then GFT it. Since management has no documentation to prove they instructed you otherwise, you’ll win your GFT.

SmithBarney

We've always been told no 01s, I said then just take 01s out of the system as an option... It's there for a reason, use it when appropriate, no att, means no att, don't falsify and code it as something else, FYI a 44 is only a location scan so it doesn't change the fact that you have a VAN NO POD, those packages need some sort of exception.

MassWineGuy

We've always been told no 01s, I said then just take 01s out of the system as an option... It's there for a reason, use it when appropriate, no att, means no att, don't falsify and code it as something else, FYI a 44 is only a location scan so it doesn't change the fact that you have a VAN NO POD, those packages need some sort of exception.

Yes, I know what a 44 is and that’s why the whole thing makes no sense.

Re: friend. Myth’s advice. If management wants stuff to remain un DEXed, I’ll need it in writing on letterhead. Then I’ll be covered if I’m accused of violating policy.

DEX 01 scans definitely exists for a reason. The administration person says they make the district look bad. Well, guess what? That’s because it IS bad.

The other day when I had 30, I’d told every manager what would happen with the number of stops I had. No one offered help.

Last edited:

McFeely

Huge Member
This is because of the high amount of rolling freight, she said. DEX 01’s, she said, makes the district look bad.

I always figured whatever gets the attention of upper management and the MD can possibly be a good thing.

I keep hoping that more rolled freight might actually put an end to Response at my station or help with wages at some point. But I also know that makes me sound like I'm a small bit high right now.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Yes, I know what a 44 is and that’s why the whole thing makes no sense.

Re: friend. Myth’s advice. If management wants stuff to remain un DEXed, I’ll need it in writing on letterhead. Then I’ll be covered if I’m accused of violating policy.

DEX 01 scans definitely exists for a reason. The administration person says they make the district look bad. Well, guess what? That’s because it IS bad.

The other day when I had 30, I’d told every manager what would happen with the number of stops I had. No one offered help.
Who is this “administrative person”? A SAL? A manager? I only took instructions from management.

whenIgetthere

Absolutely right. She handles all the purchasing, gas receipts, equipment, etc. She’s not a manager, which is what I told her when I said I’ll keep doing what my manager tells me.
We were always told we had to have a managers approval to do any DEX01's. Then about six months ago, suddenly we didn't need the approval anymore due to rolling freight.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Absolutely right. She handles all the purchasing, gas receipts, equipment, etc. She’s not a manager, which is what I told her when I said I’ll keep doing what my manager tells me.
Good for you. Those admin people get a little full of themselves and think they’re managers. We had one just like it at my station. I ignored her. Lol.

Star B

White Lightening
So it’s likely some directive from Memphis.
No. it's a wink-nudge "directive" from a SM that can't get more help because they aren't paying enough (which isn't their fault), so have the peons keep us off the MDs and Memphis' radar by falsifying. ALWAYS END THE DAY WITH 100% PODs or DEXs.

We never got the message about rolling freight.
If you are doing a DEX1 you are rolling freight because you didn't deliver it.

Maui

It literally doesn’t matter at the station. It’s going to be an unattempted DEX01. The VIPER report shows potential WDL. Those packages will hit the report either way.

It isn’t falsification because the 44 is an accurate scan, but it’s fails to notify the customer and looks shady. I’d keep doing DEX01. There are stations with THOUSANDS some days right now.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
It literally doesn’t matter at the station. It’s going to be an unattempted DEX01. The VIPER report shows potential WDL. Those packages will hit the report either way.

It isn’t falsification because the 44 is an accurate scan, but it’s fails to notify the customer and looks shady. I’d keep doing DEX01. There are stations with THOUSANDS some days right now.
How would you like to be an Ops Mgr right now at Express?

Star B

White Lightening
if it doesn't matter then what's the point in having it? I get the fact that it's going to show up on the VIPER report, but there has to be a reason why they made the code. Maybe back in the day pre-VIPER? I dont know.