Not integrad...

Over 70

thanks again, i got 5s down pat and half of the 10s down now with this will i need to know the 10s verbatim? Or just the bold?

They gave us what needed to be known verbatim but it was a fraction of the whole 10's I've seen elsewhere. So I'm guessing bold.

I'll dig mine out and see if I can post you a picture.

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
At our NSPT the pass rate on the 5 and 10 required to complete the course was 80%. We didn't have to verbally recite anything and the "safety bus" was at another hub so we never got to drive. I was done every day by 1pm and got to go home.

I learned how to be a UPS driver on Black Friday into peak, which was trial by fire. NSPT will not prepare you for the job, in my experience.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
That's what I went to. Essentially if you memorize your DOK and show up everyday you'll pass.

It seems like alot to memorize but if you do it before you even show up, you can go to the bar every night and relax while your classmates cram because they were lazy.

I got a 97% on the DOK test the first day and went to the bar and watched the world series every night and finished top of the class without studying a thing. I wrote my letters to my district manager the last night in about 15 minutes.

I'm not trying to sound like a hardass, I was nervous as hell going into it but realized after day one piece of cake.

There were people the final day sweating the DOK and up all night in study groups. Blows my mind how they're gonna drive with how much a driver needs to memorize to be efficent.
Letters to the DM. What a joke

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
At our NSPT the pass rate on the 5 and 10 required to complete the course was 80%. We didn't have to verbally recite anything and the "safety bus" was at another hub so we never got to drive. I was done every day by 1pm and got to go home.

I learned how to be a UPS driver on Black Friday into peak, which was trial by fire. NSPT will not prepare you for the job, in my experience.
Intergrad is a dog and pony show. It doesn't exactly prepare you either.

You'll learn more the first2-3 days alone than you did the whole time leading up to that.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
That's what I went to. Essentially if you memorize your DOK and show up everyday you'll pass.

It seems like alot to memorize but if you do it before you even show up, you can go to the bar every night and relax while your classmates cram because they were lazy.

I got a 97% on the DOK test the first day and went to the bar and watched the world series every night and finished top of the class without studying a thing. I wrote my letters to my district manager the last night in about 15 minutes.

I'm not trying to sound like a hardass, I was nervous as hell going into it but realized after day one piece of cake.

There were people the final day sweating the DOK and up all night in study groups. Blows my mind how they're gonna drive with how much a driver needs to memorize to be efficent.
All that stuff means squat in terms of efficiency.

RuthlessSupSlayer

Thanks all you guys for this and past posts. I have been reading into it all and soaking it in. Thanks again hoping for a successful career at ups as laughable as it may seem! Lol

Over 70

All that stuff means squat in terms of efficiency.

Agreed but if you can't memorize a few pages of info it blows my mind you could be a great driver and memorize hundreds of delievery points, contacts, where the best place to find Joe schmo at 2pm, etc for lots of different routes. Not to mention address splits, roads, etc. This job has more memorization than many outsiders realize I think.

Then again Orion is going to solve all that lol.