not looking good for express..

Kevinmevin

FedEx said on Monday it could be in danger of losing the U.S. Postal Service as its largest customer.
The financially strapped post office has informed FedEx and rival UPS that it will seek competitive proposals for air transportation services that are under contract to FedEx through September 2013.
"Accordingly, upon the expiration of the current agreement, the transportation services we provide to the USPS could be transitioned, in whole or in part, to another provider," FedEx said in an annual report filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
"This would have a negative impact on our asset utilization and profitability," the company stated.
FedEx has carried First Class, Priority and Express Mail for the Postal Service under contracts dating to 2000, using the extra volume to maximize efficiency of its domestic fleet and the Memphis hub.

full article... FedEx says it could lose lucrative postal contract The Commercial Appeal

Most likely they will just get less money a year but if they were to loose it boy... combined with ES gone.

Goldilocks

Seriously? No one is criticizing the company in this thread. But that's info we should be aware of because it could impact us all. Is it your mission to only have positive things said?

No its not Van! I can be negative too. But, I have done something about it and have been given good results everytime. I have used the system. You can ask some of my coworkers who are on this forum but are afraid to speak out. Thats the way its always been and will continue. This forum does provide good information but the shredding of FS is just crazy to me. Sorry to hyjack this thread....

vantexan

No its not Van! I can be negative too. But, I have done something about it and have been given good results everytime. I have used the system. You can ask some of my coworkers who are on this forum but are afraid to speak out. Thats the way its always been and will continue. This forum does provide good information but the shredding of FS is just crazy to me. Sorry to hyjack this thread....

Really? When you went to them about the slow pay progression for mid-range employees what did they say? And apparently your pleas to restore the traditional pension fell on deaf ears. We're not talking about getting the company to supply us with uniforms or favoritism in the workgroup or a thousand other irritants. We're talking about things that have a direct impact on our lives and our families' future. We've already made it clear to each other, long before you arrived, that the only thing that would make a difference is a union, and the company has maneuvered it's way through Congress to make sure that won't happen. Do you think after passing out millions to Congressmen to insure we don't get better pay and benefits that they'll reconsider because we write letters to them? So we vent, and some with good contacts are spreading the word of impending changes. That's what this forum is about, not strumming harps and singing Fred's praises all the live long day.

Goldilocks

Thought this was an OPEN FORUM. The Union has been a thing going on way before your time and others on here. No one wanted to listen..We had Union members at the multiple stations I have worked at handing out pamplets but many,some that are on this forum just tossed them away and said no way....Cant say anymore than that......

vantexan

Thought this was an OPEN FORUM. The Union has been a thing going on way before your time and others on here. No one wanted to listen..We had Union members at the multiple stations I have worked at handing out pamplets but many,some that are on this forum just tossed them away and said no way....Cant say anymore than that......

You are free to disagree but telling everyone they shouldn't be saying things but rather write to the company about them is hardly being open. You are trying to shut down any criticism of the company. And I've been all over the country with FedEx since '86. Never once did I see union members handing out pamphlets.

Goldilocks

You are free to disagree but telling everyone they shouldn't be saying things but rather write to the company about them is hardly being open. You are trying to shut down any criticism of the company. And I've been all over the country with FedEx since '86. Never once did I see union members handing out pamphlets.

Well, you sure dont work in my District. Because, yes they have on many many occasions. Started happening around 88.....I really dont care what you have to say about the company, was simply trying to get you to write down and do something about it... But what do I know, right?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
FedEx said on Monday it could be in danger of losing the U.S. Postal Service as its largest customer.
The financially strapped post office has informed FedEx and rival UPS that it will seek competitive proposals for air transportation services that are under contract to FedEx through September 2013.
"Accordingly, upon the expiration of the current agreement, the transportation services we provide to the USPS
could be transitioned, in whole or in part, to another provider," FedEx said in an annual report filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
"This would have a negative impact on our asset utilization and profitability," the company stated.
FedEx has carried First Class, Priority and Express Mail for the Postal Service under contracts dating to

2000, using
the extra volume to maximize efficiency of its domestic fleet and the Memphis hub.

full article... FedEx says it could lose lucrative postal contract � The Commercial Appeal

Most likely they will just get less money a year but if they were to loose it boy... combined with ES gone.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
We fly the Priority and Express Mail products. FedEx and UPS both want the USPS to be privatized so they can get more business.

vantexan

Slow pay progression doesn't exist :surprised:. Remember, she topped out in 3 years....maybe less, as did her husband.

My point is that she's saying things will change if we just go to the company about it. Since she's so concerned I was certain she had gone to the company about current concerns. That's being snarky, sorry.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Uh...did you forget that we have planes too?

UPS operations and FedEx operations are the mirror image of each other in most respects. It never ceases to amaze me that Mr. Smith gets a special classification for his businesses and everybody else gets to play by a different set of much more restrictive rules.

Bailey4

I like reading Mr Fedex's posts. It does seem like Goldilocks doesnt want us to pass around any new information. Maybe I have that wrong. If she knows away to get things done by writing letters to some contact somewhere..... by all means.... go ahead. She can pass our thoughts on because I have a feeling if we put our names down and mail them out...we would all be terminated. It sounds like a fairy tale. So much so.... that her post should begin with " Once upon a time in a far away purple land some folks wrote a letter and they lived happily ever after"