Not Sure If End Of Government Oversite Of Teamsters Union Is A Good Thing

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
not sure if I want Uncle Sam to Stop watching the Teamsters Union. like letting the Fox watch the chickens.

isn't that sad? I just cant trust the Teamsters to have complete control of my finances and future without government oversight.

have a feeling that everything will be OK for awhile and then the shenanigans will start again. too much money involved.

Inthegame

not sure if I want Uncle Sam to Stop watching the Teamsters Union. like letting the Fox watch the chickens.

isn't that sad? I just cant trust the Teamsters to have complete control of my finances and future without government oversight.

have a feeling that everything will be OK for awhile and then the shenanigans will start again. too much money involved.
"complete control of your finances"?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
"complete control of your finances"?
I'm assuming that the OP is referring to their pension?

How sad is it....that the mindset is.....we shouldn't depend on our pension as a "retirement plan"?
That somehow it's foolish to think this benefit as reliable.
I fully understood what the OP was trying to say.

What is even more sad is....we truly can't depend on it.
My 14 vested years in Central State could very possibly yield me notta.

710 steward

Transparency is everything. Look how poorly central states is in with the over sight. Now imagine it without it. The leadership acts as if they are the employers and that they will dictate to us how everything will go down. Everyone needs to report to someone just so everything is on the up and up. Enron anyone???? This is anything but good news.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Transparency is everything. Look how poorly central states is in with the over sight. Now imagine it without it. The leadership acts as if they are the employers and that they will dictate to us how everything will go down. Everyone needs to report to someone just so everything is on the up and up. Enron anyone???? This is anything but good news.
I have noticed more and more teamster leaders talking to union members like management talks to us. Basically saying we are spoiled and overpaid and should take whatever we can get.

710 steward

I have noticed more and more teamster leaders talking to union members like management talks to us. Basically saying we are spoiled and overpaid and should take whatever we can get.

Don't forget keep paying into the pension fund though. You may not get to reap the rewards of your hard work but that's your problem. Thanks for your cooperation.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny

This is because they "believe " its for the greater good. Too much liberal beliefs for me anyways. Why can't we get what we deserve. If UPS makes money yr after yr. Why aren't we entitled to our wages and more? If anything the union is fighting us. With our pensions. By increasing age requirements. Which I feel is also illegal. If you reach the yrs of service before that age.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
"complete" was the wrong word. they do have about a third of my potential retirement plans in their control.

sounds weird, but I would feel better if there was government oversight however flimsy.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
"complete" was the wrong word. they do have about a third of my potential retirement plans in their control.

sounds weird, but I would feel better if there was government oversight however flimsy.
I'm not sure???
The pension hasn't done very well under government supervision?

At least the Mob made money and paid handsome returns when they had control of the pension.:anxious::nono::whistling

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I'm not sure???

At least the Mob made money and paid handsome returns when they had control of the pension.:anxious::nono::whistling
So wish I could have that money given to me.

People unable to take personal financial responsibility lead to pensions and SS in the first place.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I'm not sure???

the G took all of the Mobs ideas and made them their own. they just don't manage as well.