Not sure when/how to file a grievance.

BryantheLion

I leef deengs up n boot dem down
How do I go on about this? I'm tired of the stupid things going on in with my PT/FT Sups. It's pathetic that I have to worry about missing time from my checks every week. It's funny, because the PT Sup is blaming the FT Sup and the FT Sup is blaming the PT Sup.

I've asked for a print out/copy of the employee time sheet, but my PT Sup said what's on the screen is what I'll get, but that's not what I want since I know they can edit the times on there. I need the time sheet that shows when I punched in/punched out..I'm not too sure what it's called or if it has a specific name. I took a picture of the "edited" version from the computer screen, but I need the time sheet that shows exactly when I punched in for work and exactly when I punched out.

Besides this, how may I go about switching shifts? I'd like to switch to the Day sort for 2 reasons. 1. I never see my girlfriend due to her working mornings and myself working nights and 2. I rather not deal with my current PT/FT sups anymore. It's something so simple, just pay me my time that I work for, that's it. No more, no less.

Edit: If any of the Sups refuse to give me the time sheet I'm asking for, what can I do?

undies

If you've been documenting your time, you have a clear cut case. If not...it may be a little harder. Even if you remember your punch in and out times from days past, write it down and use that to compare to your check. Sometimes just letting management know you are keeping track of your hours will get them to stop the shady crap. Good luck, file a grievance no matter what.

Box Ox

The buck stops with the FT sup. At my center, time corrections made by sups are NOT automatically calculated into the weekly total time that displays at the punch out screen. Even when they show up correctly in the sups' computers.

I text myself the day of week, start time and end time as soon as I get back to my car. I add everything up using an Android app called Simple Timecard and compare it to my paycheck info on UPSers every Thursday morning before I go in. If it doesn't add up I have the Thursday and Friday shifts to spread the word to sups, coworkers and stewards if necessary. But I'm fortunate to have good sups who keep things relatively honest. Part timers work too hard for too little for their paychecks to be incorrect.

ncupser82

Find a shop steward somebody in the building knows one! I have a spreadsheet I use to keep track of my time, works really well and is only off by a few cents every week...try finding a way to track your time, and then when they don't match take it with you to a steward...management hates it when you have all your ducks in line...hey and you might get PAID too ;)

Sent using BrownCafe App

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I think you and I know that the only option you got is to file a grievance. Go to your union hall and file a grievance there.

What's the dislike for? I like to surprise management that I mean business. If you're going to talk to a steward, make sure you let him know that you want your money tomorrow via green check, don't let them give you it at the next pay period. You get $$$$ for everyday that they miss, sweet :)

BryantheLion

I leef deengs up n boot dem down
If you've been documenting your time, you have a clear cut case. If not...it may be a little harder. Even if you remember your punch in and out times from days past, write it down and use that to compare to your check. Sometimes just letting management know you are keeping track of your hours will get them to stop the shady crap. Good luck, file a grievance no matter what.

I have been punching in and out if that's what you mean by documenting. I also have been averaging my hours each day and adding them up to see if they match what it says on the computer/my check. I know I worked slightly over 25 hours, but was paid for 22.80.

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
Talk to a steward. Tell them everything. They will help you file a grievance. If that doesn't work, get a ski mask and take out their knees. Just kidding about that last part.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

What's the dislike for? I like to surprise management that I mean business. If you're going to talk to a steward, make sure you let him know that you want your money tomorrow via green check, don't let them give you it at the next pay period. You get $$$$ for everyday that they miss, sweet :)

Contractually UPS has the right to make up the payroll shortage in the next pay period and does not have to issue a green check. The penalty pay clock will only start if they fail to correct the error in a timely manner.

Talk to a steward. Tell them everything. They will help you file a grievance. If that doesn't work, get a ski mask and take out their knees. Just kidding about that last part.

OK Tonya.

Box Ox

Contractually UPS has the right to make up the payroll shortage in the next pay period and does not have to issue a green check. The penalty pay clock will only start if they fail to correct the error in a timely manner.

To partially paraphrase Article 17, "Paid For Time" in the National Master:

Shortages involving more than $30 for full timers and more than $15 for part timers will be corrected and payment made to the employee at his/her reporting location on his/her second scheduled workday after reporting the shortage. If the employer fails to pay by the second scheduled workday and the shortage was the result of employer error, the employee will be paid an additional amount equal to 1/2 his/her daily guarantee at his/her hourly rate for every full pay period that it's not corrected.

Errors of less than $30/$15 will be corrected in the following weekly paycheck.

Related grievance settlements not paid within 10 days are entitled to the same additional penalty calculation as above.

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
To partially paraphrase Article 17, "Paid For Time" in the National Master:

Shortages involving more than $30 for full timers and more than $15 for part timers will be corrected and payment made to the employee at his/her reporting location on his/her second scheduled workday after reporting the shortage. If the employer fails to pay by the second scheduled workday and the shortage was the result of employer error, the employee will be paid an additional amount equal to 1/2 his/her daily guarantee at his/her hourly rate for every full pay period that it's not corrected.

Errors of less than $30/$15 will be corrected in the following weekly paycheck.

Related grievance settlements not paid within 10 days are entitled to the same additional penalty calculation as above.

Thanks for schooling the management one.

BrownChoice

If the center manager knows you know they messed up and are serious. They probably wont even fight it.

Always try to handle it without involving the Union first. Thatll gain A LITTLE bit of respect from what Ive seen.