not sure why we (UPS Freight) voted for union

1st off to even get hired I had to go threw another company. One hired I was never paid sign on bonus. Then we voted union in. Our miles and routes were cut . And every chance they get they fire people. I was in a accident that police said was caused by other driver. They fired me anyway. Union rep said it would be fought. I have herd nothing. And now ups is appealing my unemployment. I am not impressed with the union 773.

El Correcto

god is dead
1st off to even get hired I had to go threw another company. One hired I was never paid sign on bonus. Then we voted union in. Our miles and routes were cut . And every chance they get they fire people. I was in a accident that police said was caused by other driver. They fired me anyway. Union rep said it would be fought. I have herd nothing. And now ups is appealing my unemployment. I am not impressed with the union 773.
Have you tried calling the union hall or getting a hold of your BA at all? The day I got fired I'd take this stupid uniform off and be at my union hall in an hour.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

What the hell are you talking about?

An employment agency and a signing bonus?

Bologna.

What the hell are you talking about?

An employment agency and a signing bonus?

Bologna.
We were not union. We voted it in. Ups was fighting it. They had 27 drivers were supposed to have 70 or more. Most quit. They brought in drivers from TX to CT
for kutztown division then gave best routes to out of state drivers.

Have you tried calling the union hall or getting a hold of your BA at all? The day I got fired I'd take this stupid uniform off and be at my union hall in an hour.
We were never finalized as a union. Ups wanted union thrown out and is currently appealing it in dc. Meanwhile they are trying to force all who voted out.

When ups bought out what ever company, think it was overnight, and converted them over many locations were non union. And still are to this day. We get treated like animals. Which is why we said heck with it and voted union in. Our miles and stops got cut. Because of it. And routes got subcontracted out. Only benefit i can see is stop rate was locked in. We deliver only for one chain. At night in dangerous areas. By ourselves. 1 person unlocking store, taking 7n stuff and unloading truck.

oldngray

nowhere special
When ups bought out what ever company, think it was overnight, and converted them over many locations were non union. And still are to this day. We get treated like animals. Which is why we said heck with it and voted union in. Our miles and stops got cut. Because of it. And routes got subcontracted out. Only benefit i can see is stop rate was locked in. We deliver only for one chain. At night in dangerous areas. By ourselves. 1 person unlocking store, taking 7n stuff and unloading truck.

Are you talking about UPS Freight?

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
@veryscrewed : I bet less than 1% of people here have any idea of what you're talking about. I just have the barest inkling. Y'all don't have a contract yet, right? If so, all I can say is keep in contact with the Local Union (organizers & BAs), be available for NLRB 8(a) charges; and get another job in the meantime, driver.

Last edited:
@veryscrewed : I bet less than 1% of people here have any idea of what you're talking about. I just have the barest inkling. Y'all don't have a contract yet, right? If so, all I can say is keep in contact with the Local Union (organizers & BAs), be available for NLRB 8(a) charges; and get another job in the meantime, driver.
We voted for it. uPS appealed to DC. Meantime no contract. And they are trying to run everyone out anyway the can.

Your accident is probably still "under investigation" by UPS .... you can't draw unemployment because they haven't and probably won't completely release you. "Yeah we're denying his unemployment because he's still employed , we just checking some stuff"

I'd file for backpay so if/when you go back to work the business agent can argue that since the other driver was cited

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Your initial issues are not Union based opposed to a company tirade. Wether or not you "voted Union", UPS was taking over and doing what they do which is screwing lives. However, you are definitely better off having organized labor in your pocket than on your own.