Not That Republicans Offer An Option But........

wkmac

50 Reasons Why No Decent Human Being Should Vote To Re-Elect President Obama

20111205-220234.jpg
20111205-220234.jpg

the problem with this scenario is that if NOBODY is elected zer0bama will remain president long enough to bypass congress with mandates that will leave him in control indefinitely. Doesn't sound like a good alternative either.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I'm Nobody! Who are you? (260)
by Emily Dickinson
I'm Nobody! Who are you?Are you – Nobody – too?Then there's a pair of us!Don't tell! they'd advertise – you know!How dreary – to be – Somebody!How public – like a Frog – To tell one's name – the livelong June – To an admiring Bog!

moreluck

golden ticket member
Mr. Nobody

By Anonymous Anonymous I know a funny little man,
As quiet as a mouse,
Who does the mischief that is done
In everybody’s house!
There’s no one ever sees his face,
And yet we all agree
That every plate we break was cracked
By Mr. Nobody.

’Tis he who always tears out books,
Who leaves the door ajar,
He pulls the buttons from our shirts,
And scatters pins afar;
That squeaking door will always squeak,
For prithee, don’t you see,
We leave the oiling to be done
By Mr. Nobody.

The finger marks upon the door
By none of us are made;
We never leave the blinds unclosed,
To let the curtains fade.
The ink we never spill; the boots
That lying round you see
Are not our boots,—they all belong
To Mr. Nobody.

Source: The Golden Book of Poetry (1947)

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn’t there
He wasn’t there again today
I wish, I wish he’d go away...

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I love poetry I know not why.
I also loved literature, in college, I know not why.
it can be deep and make you think, I know not why I would like that!

texan

I am nobody:
A red sinking autumn sun
Took my name away.

I give permission
For this slow spring rain to soak
The violet beds.

With a twitching nose
A dog reads a telegram
On a wet tree trunk.

Burning autumn leaves,
I yearn to make the bonfire
Bigger and bigger

A sleepless spring night:
Yearning for what I never had
And for what never was.

Richard Wright: Online Poems

island1fox

I agree. Life is not a requirement in our political life. Corporations have "speech".

Love that "Evil Corporation Theme"
:happy2:
1. Do you or any relative work for a Corporation ?
2. How many millions of American's Support their families through Corporations ?
3. How many Charities have helped the poor through Corporations ??
4. How many people use the products or services of Corporations ??
5.How many jobs are provided by Corporations ??
6.How many trillions of dollars in Taxes are paid by Corporations ??

Corporate America is America. Corporations for all they provide -including must of your 401's and pension accounts should have "SPEECH" How many Unions invest your monies in Corporations ??

The liberal talking points on the evil Corporations are getting old.

If you want to change lobbying --The politicians must change the laws --not the Corporations.

Atlas Shrugged should be mandatory reading in the tents of OWS.

Without Corporations all of us would be living in tents. Of course it is not "politically correct to Thank Corporations for everything they have provided for all of us !!

For people that hate UPS and hate working for the "Corporation" --Quit --live your life free -not as a hipocrite !!

moreluck

golden ticket member
They can read at OWS ?????????????

They can also be forest rangers and bring Yogi & BooBoo pickinick baskets!!

bbsam

Staff member
Love that "Evil Corporation Theme"
:happy2:
1. Do you or any relative work for a Corporation ?
2. How many millions of American's Support their families through Corporations ?
3. How many Charities have helped the poor through Corporations ??
4. How many people use the products or services of Corporations ??
5.How many jobs are provided by Corporations ??
6.How many trillions of dollars in Taxes are paid by Corporations ??

Corporate America is America. Corporations for all they provide -including must of your 401's and pension accounts should have "SPEECH" How many Unions invest your monies in Corporations ??

The liberal talking points on the evil Corporations are getting old.

If you want to change lobbying --The politicians must change the laws --not the Corporations.

Atlas Shrugged should be mandatory reading in the tents of OWS.

Without Corporations all of us would be living in tents. Of course it is not "politically correct to Thank Corporations for everything they have provided for all of us !!

For people that hate UPS and hate working for the "Corporation" --Quit --live your life free -not as a hipocrite !!
Hell, Island. My business at Fedex Ground is a corporation. I get all kinds of breaks and protections out of incorporation. I wouldn't do business any other way. I see nothing evil about corporations or capitalism as long they are not above the law. I see nothing wrong with corporations being expected to pay for the security and well being they receive from being in the US. I see nothing wrong with corporations having a "voice" but why should it be amplified above others to the tune of billions of dollars? It's a question of fairness. I am quite certain that I am on the side of what is fair in this debate, but don't fool yourself. I am about the business of making money. If ultimately it is determined that all regulation should be scrapped and minimum wage completely market driven, I will take advantage. I will lick my chops at getting drivers at not 1/3 the cost UPS pays but at 1/5. I will gladly abuse the American worker if they continue to be foolish enough to buy into the Ayn Rand line of BS. If Americans insist that there is a ruling class and a worker class, bbsam will shrug and play along. If the working people of this country think so little of themselves as to allow me to drive my boot of oppression on their patriotic song singing necks, I will oblige. In a democracy, the people determine what is fair. If that is their decision, so be it. If they believe it because Fedex, GE, UPS, Toyota, State Farm, and all of Wall Street say it's so, well, game on. You believe in the myth of the pusillanimous liberal. Ok. Release capitalism to do what it does. I am superbly situated to ride that dragon. Just don't come crying to me because you don't like where you end up because in that scenario, UPS does not stay the company it is today.

island1fox

Yeah, sure. Just keep singing about the "evil corporations" as you yourself admit the benefit. You yourself said the Corporations have speech !!

I recently had a rocket science Liberal screaming about all the evil law breaking Corporations --I asked him to name one --was it the one he worked for --he screamed "ENRON"-- Pretty Lame !! Live in the past and give an example where people broke the law and went to jail. Enron and the dopey liberals make ALL Corporations the enemy.