Not topped out record Express

Guitarman01

Can't expect much when they couldn't even honor the step plan during record profit years saying heroes work here. Hero being more like zero. They know they have people trapped. I wouldn't call it an easy job, but where are you going to transfer job skills for delivering envelopes really fast? That being said without step raises we are definitely underpaid for what's expected of us. The job becomes very average without step raises. It's probably the freedom of driving and getting used to routine that keeps a lot of people coming back.

btrlov

Can't expect much when they couldn't even honor the step plan during record profit years saying heroes work here. Hero being more like zero. They know they have people trapped. I wouldn't call it an easy job, but where are you going to transfer job skills for delivering envelopes really fast? That being said without step raises we are definitely underpaid for what's expected of us. The job becomes very average without step raises. It's probably the freedom of driving and getting used to routine that keeps a lot of people coming back.
its called virtue signaling reward and praise while doing absolutely nothing in tangible reality... Its one of the reasons why they give pizza and trinkets rather than actually raises that improve employee quality of life.

This new generation is not falling for the okie doke. The company is at their mercy and they not trying to 80 stops at 22/hr while their rent alone cost 1800 a month. Its never gonna happen like that again no matter what stump productivity speech Raj gives to his VPs and directors. Look at all the free this and free that, “antiwork”, “ No Rent” etc nonsense going on. And Raj expects these ppl to deliver a profit 10-15/hr less than the competition. GTFOH

. Fedex can do all the holiday close list/calls consolidations ,fuzzy scheduling,fuzzy collapsed routes gapreports , stem times , estar and others so called productivity gimmicks its wants… but until u have a solid ,reliable,respected, and compensated FRONT LINE work force it will continue to fall into oblivion.

The old heads, dont five a crap either… they are just trying to hang on until their poorly funded social security and poorly funded 401k and poorly funded pension kick-in and hopefully allow them to be work free in old age. Basically a “I got mines” attitude- which, ironically , will be the same reason their kids will leave them bewildered in a nursing home

Last edited:

vantexan

What do they give you? Nickel raises?
I was rehired at $10.85hr. When I quit again just shy of 15 yrs with a raise due in a couple of months I was at $18.17hr. Imagine the strikes UPS would've had over that kind of pay progression. Not to mention they had replaced our traditional pension with a plan that paid a lot less and turned our company paid health insurance for the employee into a plan that put a lot of the burden on the employee.

Last edited:

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I was rehired at $10.85hr. When I quit again just shy of 15 yrs with a raise due in a couple of months I was at $18.17hr. Imagine the strikes UPS would've had over that kind of pay progression. Not to mention they had replaced our traditional pension that paid a lot less and turned our company paid health insurance for the employee into a plan that put a lot of the burden on the employee.
All I can say is, that’s a crime. As I’ve said before, FedEx Express was considered an elite service by myself and other UPSERs I started with. You guys definitely deserved a wage that reflected that.

vantexan

All I can say is, that’s a crime. As I’ve said before, FedEx Express was considered an elite service by myself and other UPSERs I started with. You guys definitely deserved a wage that reflected that.
And they carefully cultivated an image that all through that 15 yrs after I was rehired had people believing I was making big money at FedEx. I remember at 11 years telling an old timer who had topped out about 25 yrs before what I was making and he was shocked. A lot of our senior couriers had no idea what was happening and just assumed we were doing ok too.

Thebrownblob

I was rehired at $10.85hr. When I quit again just shy of 15 yrs with a raise due in a couple of months I was at $18.17hr. Imagine the strikes UPS would've had over that kind of pay progression. Not to mention they had replaced our traditional pension that paid a lot less and turned our company paid health insurance for the employee into a plan that put a lot of the burden on the employee.
Completely ridiculous.

Aquaman

The highest I was previously aware of was 23 years. That is impressive.
It’s not that crazy. If you were a topped out handler for 20 years. And then decided to be a RTD. You’d fall close to RTD starting pay. And if you did that 7 years ago you wouldn’t be a topped out RTD now. FedEx thinks they’re real slick with this. A topped out CSA doesn’t become a topped out dispatcher. You fall on whatever step your current pay is closest to. It’s why it benefits you to get to the highest hourly job code you can, as fast as you can. Because your years in lower job codes are wasted time.

purplelife

Yeah I've seen that, courier who started at a smaller domicile location before step plan and then transferred. Usually sets them back several years.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
It’s not that crazy. If you were a topped out handler for 20 years. And then decided to be a RTD. You’d fall close to RTD starting pay. And if you did that 7 years ago you wouldn’t be a topped out RTD now. FedEx thinks they’re real slick with this. A topped out CSA doesn’t become a topped out dispatcher. You fall on whatever step your current pay is closest to. It’s why it benefits you to get to the highest hourly job code you can, as fast as you can. Because your years in lower job codes are wasted time.
When I retired at 35 years I was about $5 behind top pay because I was a CSA and a Material Handler for a short while even though I had been a topped out courier previously for 21 years.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Dano needs to FedExplain it to you and we need to address that bad attitude. “Industry Leading Pay and Benefits “.

Aquaman

Dano needs to FedExplain it to you and we need to address that bad attitude. “Industry Leading Pay and Benefits “.
FedEx isn’t trying to lead the industry in anything. We’ve resigned to not competing. At this point the company will do whatever it can get away with. And that’s the exact attitude I’ve been using as well.

FalconAss

When I retired at 35 years I was about $5 behind top pay because I was a CSA and a Material Handler for a short while even though I had been a topped out courier previously for 21 years.
I was a topped out courier and became a PT shuttle driver (handler pay). They asked what step I was and converted me to topped out handler. Which for a 45 minute longer driver was the same pay rate. Crazy.

FedexCares

I was a courier for 8ish years, and was so when they instituted the step plan. I had a very strong feeling that Fedex wasn’t going to give us a step every year due to the way it was explained to us at the time. It was a 10 “step” plan not a 10 “year” plan necessarily, this is how my manager broke it down to us when it was announced.

That said, I genuinely did enjoy the job most days, and like you said it was the freedom I had out there on the road to get the job down however I wanted. I had one of the best routes in the country in my opinion with high miles, low stop counts, and smack dab in one of the most beautiful areas in the nation. I still miss it some days when I’m stuck in front of the computer all day like I am now.