Not what i thought when i qualified

UrFellowUpser

I know im low in seniority but is it the norm of a newly qualified driver to drive only two or one day out of the week? Im starting to regret taking this leap but im trying to be patient. I ask for work from other drivers but my sup seems not to want me to work in the blind at all. I feel like i qualified to work local sort because most days thats what i do.

Rack em

Made the Podium
A very very rare thing, but when one driver at our center qualified he only drove like 12 days the entire year outside of peak.

35years

Gravy route
Yea a driver was telling me hes taking off in june and my FT time sup told me he was going to train me on this satellite route out in the backwoods somewhere
Those are the best routes. Consider yourself lucky, many drivers wait decades to get off the industrial routes and into the country.

JL 0513

Does depend on where you are and the center's situation. I didn't miss a single day my first year. Even worked all my sick and option days because I didn't want to call out as a new driver. So I worked more days than any other driver. I have to say I was lucky. It did take me 6 years to get the shot at driving though!

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Next week kicks off vacation season. You'll be working plenty
Wife has been on my ass a little. I've been offered every day off for almost the last month. And I've taken most of them lol I keep telling her there's literally no one or only 1 person on vacation.

Next week we have 8 on vacation.