Notice of discharge for accidently bringing in my phone?

snarts

I'm a part time preloader.

Since they don't scan you anymore on the way into the building I didn't realize I had my phone with me when and brought it into the building. My shift started and I didn't think much of it and just told myself I'll get a pass from the security office when I get off. Told my sup if he had a charger I could charge my phone with and then he went and told security I had a phone without a pass and now they are trying to discharge me because of it. They took my id and now I have a hearing in 3 days.

Anyone have experience with situations like this? How it go?

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Take a few breaths, open up "the internet" again and call up your local union office. What do they have to say about this? Because, and I will be blunt, if this happened in my local, we would be laughing our azzes off, with backpay.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
It will probably get thrown out with backpay, but I gotta ask you. Why on earth would you ask your supervisor for a charger if you knew you would get in trouble for having your phone?? Also, if you needed a charge that bad that means you were using it. I’m having a hard time believing you accidentally brought it in instead of purposely bringing it in for music or what have you. Regardless, if this happens again, leave it in your damn pocket.

snarts

It will probably get thrown out with backpay, but I gotta ask you. Why on earth would you ask your supervisor for a charger if you knew you would get in trouble for having your phone?? Also, if you needed a charge that bad that means you were using it. I’m having a hard time believing you accidentally brought it in instead of purposely bringing it in for music or what have you. Regardless, if this happens again, leave it in your damn pocket.
Same thing happened couple months ago and they just told me to get a pass.

Shiftless

If it was as you say? That supervisor was just doing his job, Right?

Every time that supervisor walked up to me from this point on I would insert my Weingarten Rights ( if you don't know them LEARN THEM) right off the bat. He wants to fire you!

If its different than how the response was the last time this happened you have recourse of past practice. From this point on I would then just work as directed "WAD" on any work that has any affect on him. Ya gotta have Big Boy pants to do this. If you cant take the heat or understand how to Work As Directed then crawl back in your whiny hole and take the beating!

Really simple! Know Your Rights! Don't talk to multiple management people at anytime without using your rights!

Jakamoe

I work for teamsters, UPS contracted me
Whats this no phone business? Never heard of it. When you walk into my building early am. All phones are out and about 30 different genres of music are blasting

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Whats this no phone business? Never heard of it. When you walk into my building early am. All phones are out and about 30 different genres of music are blasting

It's only for the buildings where the human rights violations are so glaring that the board of directors would be tried in Nuremberg if evidence ever leaked.

chicken alfredo

Since they don't scan you anymore on the way into the building I didn't realize I had my phone with me when and brought it into the building. My shift started and I didn't think much of it and just told myself I'll get a pass from the security office when I get off. Told my sup if he had a charger I could charge my phone with and then he went and told security I had a phone without a pass and now they are trying to discharge me because of it. They took my id and now I have a hearing in 3 days.

Next time instead of asking your sup for a charger like an absolute goober, shove your phone right up his poop chute !

542thruNthru

Ok...

Was a steward present when you were discharged?

What was the reason put for the discharge?

Have you received a warning letter in the past for bringing your phone on property without a pass?

542thruNthru

I follow the methods and don't go above and beyond what I'm suppose to do.

Yes

I'm not sure

No

What did your steward say?

I mean I'm trying to help here but you're not giving too much information. I mean I doubt they just grabbed your steward and said. "He's being terminated for bringing in a cell phone and asking for a charger." Then walked you out.

snarts

What did your steward say?

I mean I'm trying to help here but you're not giving too much information. I mean I doubt they just grabbed your steward and said. "He's being terminated for bringing in a cell phone and asking for a charger." Then walked you out.
They asked if I ever brought it in before today and I told them 2 months ago I did and got a pass from the security office without any issue. They asked why I didn't tell my supervisor right away, I told them that in the 5 years and couple of times I brought in my phone I was always told to just get a pass from the office at the end of the day.

Last edited:

snarts

The guy also said that since I brought it in once before and that I knew I shouldn't bring it in that I can either resign or get terminated. I declined both

Last edited:

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
They asked if I ever brought it in before today and I told them 2 months ago I did and got a pass from the security office without any issue. They asked why I didn't tell my supervisor right away, I told them that in the 5 years and couple of times I brought in my phone I was always told to just get a pass from the office at the end of the day.

Ask them, "do you have any evidence that I ever brought my phone in before?" Then keep your mouth shut. Why do their jobs for them?