November Snapshot - More Bad News for Team Pelosi

Lue C Fur

Evil member
Wow!!! Americans must be really disgusted with the current idiots in Washington. :happy-very:

Voters prefer Republicans to Democrats on seven of nine key election issues - including an 11 point margin on the economy - according to a new poll from Gallup and USA Today.
The only two winning issues for Dems were the environment and health care, and on health care it was only a 1-point margin, a far cry from the double digit leads more common historically for the blue team on health.
In his column Wednesday political prognosticator Charlie Cook identifies 32 incumbent House Democrats as being in the hole to their opponents in polls - 21 more than at this point for Republicans in 2006. He's clear that this trend would produce a substantial Republican majority in the House - far more than the 39 seats needed. Cook also says that Republican takeover in the Senate (an eight-seat swing) is not just "mathematically possible" but also "plausible."
As the administration looks for a way to get a handle on the economy and summer recess is winding down, Democrats will be coming back to Washington facing what is probably the worst political climate since the end of World War 2.

Read more: http://politics.blogs.foxnews.com/2...pshot-more-bad-news-team-pelosi#ixzz0yIshX9Hg

av8torntn

Anything could happen in the next couple of months but the polls all seem to be lining up for a political slaughter for the dimocrats. As I was saying in another thread I believe the only hope the dims have is some type of miracle with the economy.

Lue C Fur

Evil member
Anything could happen in the next couple of months but the polls all seem to be lining up for a political slaughter for the dimocrats. As I was saying in another thread I believe the only hope the dims have is some type of miracle with the economy.

Well the Messiah just said he was going to focus on the economy and make it his #1 priority. I guess there was more important things to do since he has been in office. Maybe he can pull a rabbit out of Bidens butt...

klein

Für Meno :)
Ooops!!!!

Jobless Rate Climbs to 9.6 Percent as More Americans Seek Work

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...mbs-percent-private-firms-add-workers-august/

Typical Foxnews. More scare tactic, while investors enjoyed solid big gains all week, including today !

Stock markets open higher as U.S. employment data beats forecasts

Fri Sep 3, 9:52 AM

The U.S. Labour Department reported that the economy shed a total of 54,000 jobs last month, due largely to the termination of temporary government census jobs.
However, investors were particularly pleased to see that the U.S. private sector created 67,000 jobs last month, much higher than the 40,000 or so that analysts expected.

Sentiment in the markets had improved over the last couple of days after a run of strong economic data from around the world, particularly manufacturing data out of the U.S. and China, which helped shore up stocks.
The TSX ended Thursday ahead 107 points to a three-and-a-half month high.
New York markets also sharply advanced with the Dow Jones industrial average ahead 114.2 points to 10,434.3.
The Nasdaq composite index rose 31.47 points to 2,231.48 while the S&P 500 index gained 14.75 points to 1,104.85.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Don't worry, I hear that B.O. has another 'stimulus plan' in the works, but has forbidden anyone from actually using the term, 'stimulus'. Shifty little devil! C'mon November !!

diesel96

If Dem's, Centrists, and Ind are not motivated enough to show up for the Nov elections then we deserve to lose and sit back and silently watch Republicans "take this Country back" to where our "super reccession" downfall originated. Then perhaps people will realize those on "the right" who wanted to take their Country back, really mean "backwards"....Most intelligent Average Joes prefer to move this Country foward. No matter the outcome of this Nov 2010 elections.... by Nov 2012, as the GOP continue to be obstructionists and Corperate boosters with no solutions except repeals and bankrolling Social Security into the stockmarket, then the realization will have sunk in, spurring the motivation not to go backwards to Bush era policies that are proven failures, but to move forward...

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Only 283,000 more jobs lost during "The Summer of Recovery". Its been 20 months now, when will it stop being Bush's fault???

moreluck

golden ticket member
Hey, did you see Bush on the golf course today?? It was a benefit tournament for injured soldiers............he had a pretty good swing.....just sayin'

diesel96

Hey, did you see Bush on the golf course today?? It was a benefit tournament for injured soldiers............he had a pretty good swing.....just sayin'

Hey, did you see the Republicans block the Homeless Veterans Bill.....Just sayin'...(Shrugging shoulders Bush style)---->"Now watch me hit this drive"

bbsam

Staff member
It's the least he could do considering the mess he let Walter Reed become.

browndevil

Calm down, civilians are allowed to golf.

Sorry pretty hard to calm down when our kids a losing their lives. Of course civilians are allowed to golf I just find it ironic that he is playing in a fundraiser for our troops when he is responsible for that useless war. Kind of like a lid who kills his parents and cries that he's an orphan

browndevil

Sorry pretty hard to calm down when our kids a losing their lives. Of course civilians are allowed to golf I just find it ironic that he is playing in a fundraiser for our troops when he is responsible for that useless war. Kind of like a lid who kills his parents and cries that he's an orphan

Last line should read "kind of like the kid" not lid.