Now comes A.P. Moller-Maersk.

bacha29

Two days ago A.P. Moller- Maersk which is based in Denmark announced that it had sold it's oil and gas business to a French owned operation. The 7.5 billion it received from the sale will be used to expand it's shipping operations to include entering the space currently dominated by " The Big Three" and expects to become a legitimate competitor within 3-5 years. Two more cash loaded competitors entering the space....lovely.

Oldfart

Two days ago A.P. Moller- Maersk which is based in Denmark announced that it had sold it's oil and gas business to a French owned operation. The 7.5 billion it received from the sale will be used to expand it's shipping operations to include entering the space currently dominated by " The Big Three" and expects to become a legitimate competitor within 3-5 years. Two more cash loaded competitors entering the space....lovely.
Were you able to buy some stock at a ridiculously low price like you claimed you did with Amazon?

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Only losers are afraid of competition.

bacha29

Only losers are afraid of competition.
It's not about being afraid of competition but rather it's about reaching a saturation point in a recession sensitive business like this one. Maersk by the way is the largest seagoing container company in the world.

Oldfart

It's not about being afraid of competition but rather it's about reaching a saturation point in a recession sensitive business like this one. Maersk by the way is the largest seagoing container company in the world.
Can you deliver packages overnight by using seagoing containers?

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Actually, FedEx Corp was considering entering the seagoing trade at one time. Never heard if they made any moves to do so, but that was before they acquired TNT.

floridays

Oh dear. The guy that describes himself as “slimy” is trying to establish superiority again.
Not quite sure if i ever used that adjective but yeah, I'm a despicable person. Dollar to a doughnut anyone that knew both of us would trust me more than you. I generally don't act on the inner darkness that resides inside. You're so ignorant you don't realize your darkness. Your degree of honesty couldn't lick my boots. So yeah, I'm without a doubt superior to you in that sense. As a self described POS on my worst day I'm better than you on your best.

floridays

You need a therapist if don’t already have one, and you need to be banned from this site.
I don't treat everyone the same, I've been nice to you before. It doesn't work with you. I love a weakling that calls for someone to be banned, you display weakness. I thought your cologne scent was weakness, but I see it was just your smell. Toughen up if you're gonna make it through this life.

Last edited:

Meat

I don't treat everyone the same, I've been nice to you before. It doesn't work with you. I love a weakling that calls for someone to be banned, you display weakness. I thought your cologne scent was weakness, but I see it was just your smell. Toughen up if your gonna make it through this life.

You are quite obviously “falling down,” and I’m not going to be the one that looks back and feels guilty that the signs were missed.

floridays

You are quite obviously “falling down,” and I’m not going to be the one that looks back and feels guilty that the signs were missed.
Funny, and smug, I'll just live till I die, with nothing out of the ordinary noted in my obit. I get in your kitchen and that is a sign I am "falling down," you amuse me.

Meat

Funny, and smug, I'll just live till I die, with nothing out of the ordinary noted in my obit. I get in your kitchen and that is a sign I am "falling down," you amuse me.

I used to be an EAP counselor, and in my experience when somebody feels compelled to reference “inner darkness,” it’s a pretty good indication that their “sailing with half a sea bag.” The fact that you have obvious narcissistic tendencies is also quite disturbing.

bacha29

Actually, FedEx Corp was considering entering the seagoing trade at one time. Never heard if they made any moves to do so, but that was before they acquired TNT.
Maersk is going to meet with several overseas banks in the coming weeks to discuss their bond ratings following the announcement. Just how they plan on doing this is something you'll just have to wait and see. The startup costs and the initial operating losses would be enormous.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Maersk is going to meet with several overseas banks in the coming weeks to discuss their bond ratings following the announcement. Just how they plan on doing this is something you'll just have to wait and see. The startup costs and the initial operating losses would be enormous.
Maybe they'll just buy out Fred.

bacha29

Maybe they'll just buy out Fred.
Fat Freddy isn't going to relinquish control as long as he's in the flesh but buying out somebody else like Royal Mail now that it has been converted to a private entity might be a possibility. Deutsche Post is doing too good on it's own to be bothered with Maersk. and the Canadian government still owns 91% of Purolator Then again Soren Skou the CEO might be more dreamer than visionary and the Maersk family still has a seat on the board and a lot of stock in the company. Back in the early 90's Roadway started up in the air freight business. Lost over 20 million the first year and that was all she wrote.