Now ive had enough!

bubsdad

"Hang in there!"
Our center has a new center manager whom I have a lot of respect for. I am hesitant to go over his head but will do so if need be. I have been having a hard time ensuring that drivers do not get in their pkg cars prior to start time. I made this mistake once before, going over a sups head without his knowledge, but this time he will know my intentions. I had to put my quest on hold as I was fighting to keep my job but I am not going to let that deter me this time. Our shop stewards are basically useless and we are paying $65 each month and deserve better. You may think I am an idiot after reading some of my posts here but I care about the company and what we stand for and will use my many contacts throughout UPS Canada to ensure that no one is allowed to start working before their shift starts.

This should be a little easier to read. Sealbasher, I admire your enthusiasm but perhaps Sealbasher should worry about Sealbasher and let mgt do their job(s).
Thank you for the translation, Upstate.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Hammered on a Tuesday. Quality individual, nevermind the substance abuse, but in the middle of a work week. For some reason I tend to think it was not the alcohol so much that led to the unintelligible rant.

NHDRVR

How's it goin', eh? Yeah, uh, What I would do, eh?, is not go oover ur Soopervisor's head, eh?, and......

ah forget it.

feederdriver06

former monkey slave
Drivers in their trucks before start time benefits management. Your center manager may tell you he's all for your idea but when you walk away from him he's not going to support your idea because overall it will effect his numbers.

sano

Is this the hill to die on? I wonder how I would go home and tell my two daughters and wife that Dad lost his job by turning himself into lightning rod over this issue. Everyone, especially operations management, is under intense pressure at UPS right now. Is this the issue you want to use to draw attention to yourself?

QKRSTKR

I went down that road with my center manager before and he said fine, I'll start the process of firing anyone in pkg cars before start time. You'll be real popular. Why don't you go up to everyone who's in the cars before start time and tell them to get out and how they're srewing everyone?

Here in the states we actually have elections for stewards every so often. Maybe next time you man up and go to your local and get nominated/elected. I always love how it's the stewards fault.

sealbasher

Hammered on a Tuesday. Quality individual, nevermind the substance abuse, but in the middle of a work week. For some reason I tend to think it was not the alcohol so much that led to the unintelligible rant.

i got today off and rode my mountain bike 52 km,i like to drink but it does not effect how i perform my job,i didnt start yesterday 18 years of abuse,and belive me i have a lot of respect from other drivers here including DS.

M

Mike23

I try to swing 56km on my days off in a hammock. It has a beer holder too :D

Are things that messed up politics wise in Toronto? As soon as our center manager went on vacation (I'm in western Canada) everything went back to laid back and more efficient. Drivers are happier and things get done better. Shocking, happy workers = better productivity? Holy cow! Stop everything! Oh, wait, never mind, I'm a driver and no one will listen anyways :(

I have heard horrible rumors of all health and safety head honchos across Canada coming to our new building though to poop on us. I don't like poop too much, I wear brown and already feel I'm covered in management feces.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
This should be a little easier to read. Sealbasher, I admire your enthusiasm but perhaps Sealbasher should worry about Sealbasher and let mgt do their job(s).

Per the contract (Art 17) it IS managements job to see that no employee is permitted to work ahead of their scheduled start time without appropriate compensation. Seal stay after them and start proofreading your posts. As usual Upstate is sitting squarely on the fence.