Now what?

Upass.

Called my sup and asked him to send someone to help me.

Attachments

• 20200805_124739.jpg
    20200805_124739.jpg
    393.4 KB · Views: 109

JJinVA

* one Ive had so far was a swing set, all shipped in a single box, 150lbs, 14ft long, 12 inches wide, 8 inches tall... and all the straps were either broken or near broken from unloaders grabbing them and them tearing or breaking. Sweet.

Last edited by a moderator:

rod

Retired 22 years
* one Ive had so far was a swing set, all shipped in a single box, 150lbs, 14ft long, 12 inches wide, 8 inches tall... and all the straps were either broken or near broken from unloaders grabbing them and them tearing or breaking. Sweet.
With any luck all the nuts and bolts were missing when you delivered it

Last edited by a moderator:

Staydryitsraining

You can request help for any irreg. You blew your help with taking it out of the truck. Should have sent in help 10 minutes before and kept it moving, no response or help, just bring it back to the building.

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
Had some lady today call for a pickup in the board. Got there and it was a :censored2:ing bathtub and I told her I couldn’t take it the damn box couldn’t fit through the back door. Call whatever freight company delivered it to you.

JJinVA

Had some lady today call for a pickup in the board. Got there and it was a :censored2:ing bathtub and I told her I couldn’t take it the damn box couldn’t fit through the back door. Call whatever freight company delivered it to you.

During my construction days i had a claw foot barclays tub that weighed 500+lbs going to the third floor. I had to hire a moving company to get it up there without damaging anything. Took them 5 minutes and cost me $150, but I was so happy I gave all 5 guys a $20 cash tip on top of it

ouanling

my good sup was on vacation 2 weeks ago, i had 2 of these 150lbs recliner to do by myself in a no elevator apartement building..

roll that :censored2:, if it breaks then too bad.

Whither

Scofflaw
my good sup was on vacation 2 weeks ago, i had 2 of these 150lbs recliner to do by myself in a no elevator apartement building..

roll that :censored2:, if it breaks then too bad.

If you think it's safe, sure, controlled rolling is a method. I'd be leery in that situation ... Likewise asking the customer for assistance -- if they seem capable of providing it. But remember, the national contract requires the company to send us another driver for assistance delivering over-70s if we decide it's a safety issue. So don't get hurt trying to impress the likes of @chicken alfredo

sandwich

The resident gearhead
Called my sup and asked him to send someone to help me.
Stop calling your supervisor.

send message over diad. For everything.

“need help with an over 70”

chances are you won’t get a response. Once back in the building ask management how they would like you to scan the over 70 and take it for a ride the next day.

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
Easy man.
Set it at the back of the truck. Roll it out so it’s sitting at the edge of the bumper.
Knock on the door, explain the situation, and ask for help.
Nobody home? Info notice with a brief explanation. Message in to the center that you had to leave it at the top of the driveway as you were unable to carry it.
Move along