Numbers Game

vantexan

Just found out my 13 week average is running just over 105%. But my average for October is running at 91%!! We've been light lately. On my route 35 stops is a solid day. Had 40 dels and 6 pups yesterday and was under 98%. That used to get me 115+%. Was told by a mgr today they really don't want anyone over 102% so I'm guessing they are adjusting my goals. But as I pointed out I'm not doing anything differently so if my overall 13 week numbers keep going lower am I in danger of a warning letter? I think there are all kinds of problems with this. They know I want to transfer so are they rigging things to give me a warning letter to keep me here? Are they concerned that my health issues may cost them money so they're looking to get rid of me? Just wanting to get rid of me for being critical of senior mgr and former ops mgr? Who knows? The mgr in charge of all this told me I wasn't in trouble YET! Said I have 2 weeks to turn things around for the month. Unbelievable.

yojo

Has anyone asked/demanded that the union contest at the federal level the brown workplace policies and procedures as harrassment and age discrimination.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Just found out my 13 week average is running just over 105%. But my average for October is running at 91%!! We've been light lately. On my route 35 stops is a solid day. Had 40 dels and 6 pups yesterday and was under 98%. That used to get me 115+%. Was told by a mgr today they really don't want anyone over 102% so I'm guessing they are adjusting my goals. But as I pointed out I'm not doing anything differently so if my overall 13 week numbers keep going lower am I in danger of a warning letter? I think there are all kinds of problems with this. They know I want to transfer so are they rigging things to give me a warning letter to keep me here? Are they concerned that my health issues may cost them money so they're looking to get rid of me? Just wanting to get rid of me for being critical of senior mgr and former ops mgr? Who knows? The mgr in charge of all this told me I wasn't in trouble YET! Said I have 2 weeks to turn things around for the month. Unbelievable.

Volume is down. Therefore, your route density has changed, and so should your SPH. How tough is that for management to grasp? As usual, BLAME THE EMPLOYEE.

vantexan

Volume is down. Therefore, your route density has changed, and so should your SPH. How tough is that for management to grasp? As usual, BLAME THE EMPLOYEE.

If they don't want anyone getting over 102%, and working hard doesn't get 100%, then they're manipulating the whole thing to be just another carrot on a stick. Only now you can get a warning letter for not humping like a maniac. I told my mgr that if anyone starts telling me I'm not doing my job then they can put a less senior person in the can every morning. Halloween will make 3 years here, and I've unloaded containers for most of it.

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

sssshhhhh!!! Don't want to lose it...lol The only downside is this, peak at the customer where I stand the rest of the day has already started, so now I actually work, and it sucks..lol

Lucho Kaiser

Managers in our district are now telling us that a customer delay during a pickup, fine sort on road, or getting to a drop box early needs to be coded as our 28/29 paid 10 min breaks. They'll say, look at your sph difference with those breaks coded, raises it 2-10% depending on RT. Although they always say, "we didnt tell you to work through them though hush hush..." they also allow our "super couriers who kiss ass for OT" to enter awb's later as del Because they were doing it on their lunch. The ones who have questioned this have been punished for not going along with it, no olcc or anything because they cant ask you to legally do that, but they have their ways of making it awful for those who dont. Lucky my RT is structured where it doesnt effect me, but for others fedex is getting 20 min a day extra paid or not its a break.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Hush hush? That works in your station? Call the Alert line or Memphis. Sounds highly unethical to me.

This seems to be SOP at a lot of stations. Calling Memphis is a lot like contacting your HR Rep. Do you really think that they don't know what's going on at the station level? The company isn't going to invest any time "investigating" 28/29 abuse as reported by Lucho Kaiser because they implicitly condone this type of activity. Station managers are twisting the screws on us because their superiors are twisting the screws on them. Ultimately, one need only look to Memphis for the root cause.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!

Time to request a checkride! If he wants you to hit those numbers, make him show you what you're doing wrong (if anything) that's keeping you from it. Do everything by the book. Document everything~ when you asked him, what his answer was, when his answer was, did he actually go with you, etc. Always always ALWAYS have your ducks in a row. If he does terminate you, having those details will improve your GFT chances.

I'll offer the same advice that I've ever offered anyone else who suspected that they were being targeted, and that's to do everything as if you were preparing for your final GST. Keep records of everything and keep as many details as possible. Always follow the book. If they're looking for a reason to get rid of you, don't give them one.

vantexan

Time to request a checkride! If he wants you to hit those numbers, make him show you what you're doing wrong (if anything) that's keeping you from it. Do everything by the book. Document everything~ when you asked him, what his answer was, when his answer was, did he actually go with you, etc. Always always ALWAYS have your ducks in a row. If he does terminate you, having those details will improve your GFT chances. I'll offer the same advice that I've ever offered anyone else who suspected that they were being targeted, and that's to do everything as if you were preparing for your final GST. Keep records of everything and keep as many details as possible. Always follow the book. If they're looking for a reason to get rid of you, don't give them one.
Just got one. And not only is she not my mgr but she was never a courier. And she's in charge of the computer program running the numbers for our station. I believe she decided my numbers were too high so "adjusted" them. As my mgr said, they don't really want anyone getting over 102%.

Ghostwriter

Well, I thought I would drop you a line. My goodness (not bragging) but I really love my new job. At the end of the work day, I actually feel like I made a difference in society. Although, I have adjusted well, I must admit that I miss (most) of the great front-line people at FedEx. However, I don't miss the wacky, crazy, and fuzzy game of magical numbers. I assume that things have taken a turn for the worst, as I foreseen. With peak around the corner, I am so glad to not be there. I wish you good health and happiness. Just remember, that your safety and the safety of others is always worth more than fuzzy magical stop per hour numbers. Be in touch

vantexan

Well, I thought I would drop you a line. My goodness (not bragging) but I really love my new job. At the end of the work day, I actually feel like I made a difference in society. Although, I have adjusted well, I must admit that I miss (most) of the great front-line people at FedEx. However, I don't miss the wacky, crazy, and fuzzy game of magical numbers. I assume that things have taken a turn for the worst, as I foreseen. With peak around the corner, I am so glad to not be there. I wish you good health and happiness. Just remember, that your safety and the safety of others is always worth more than fuzzy magical stop per hour numbers. Be in touch

Right back atcha amigo! Glad to hear it's working out well for you. 3 more years and you can envy me instead of me envying you right now! :)

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
True. My point is that the GFT is worthless.

Except to all of those people who have used it to overturn wrongful discipline, up to and including termination. To those who were actually guilty of whatever it was that they were disciplined for, it's probably not worth much.

55+

Does anyone have any ideas about what I can do to survive my next two yrs? I hav over 12 yrs in and transferred to a station from fulltime to parttime..I can live on 25 hours a week so what the heck...let someone else be fulltime who really needs the money..I don't hav kids or any dependents and live pretty frugal..Anyway this station I'm at is a very seasonal station meaning in the winter it's hopping (good weather) and in the summer its dead..I was not assigned a route here and have to run over flow and friend/o..and in the summer I have to do a fulltime route once a week to get my 17.5..I don't mind that too much. they are constantly changing my schedule with different days off every week and I noticed yesterday they have me doing two different fulltime routes next week..One of which I have never done as a full route and the other I did once about a year ago...I'm so ticked off I can't think straight..Ive considered calling hr but you know where that goes...I can't gft it...If I demand they train me on the route I'm stuck because I really don't want to learn it nor should I have to....remember I'm parttime, and not a swing..I remind them of this and it falls on deaf ears...I just don't get it..All I want to do is ride the rest of the next two years under the radar and they've got me running all over the place being another swing driver for them...I requested my retirement packet the last time something like this happened and things settled down so I decided to stay a little longer. Now I just don't know..I would call in on those days but it's just not in me to do that...so any thoughts would be appreciated thanks

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Except to all of those people who have used it to overturn wrongful discipline, up to and including termination. To those who were actually guilty of whatever it was that they were disciplined for, it's probably not worth much.

Sure. Keep on smoking whatever it is you inhale to write crap like this. How can a "grievance" process administered totally by management ever be fair? If you're a minority, have inside information or incriminating evidence against management, or if FedEx knows you're going to take them to court, then the GFT might "work" for you. In other words, it's a joke. Kind of like you.