NY Attorney General Scrutinizes UPS Rate Hike

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
NY Attorney General Scrutinizes UPS Rate Hike - EcommerceBytes

UPS posted its best year ever in 2021 and announced substantial price hikes in 2022, according to the New York Attorney General's office. It is not unusual for regulators to go after manufacturers and retailers, but the NY AG is including shipping firms as part of her investigation into possible "price gouging and pandemic profiteering" announced on Friday.

Online sellers may be wary of investigations into price gouging after some were targeted for raising prices of essential goods in the early days of the pandemic. They may feel they should be able to price their products as they see fit, even for items like face masks and hand sanitizer during a global health crisis.

On the other hand, sellers may welcome scrutiny of shipping carriers' pricing practices. UPS and FedEx have been accused of raising rates in lockstep for many years. Both instituted fuel surcharges, and both generally hike rates by about 5% each January.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
Roadie can't run my route. GPS is useless. Unlike most, I don't update gps maps on road closures or roads that haven't existed in 20 years. Runner cover drivers hate when I'm off, better invest in a flashlight.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
This comes from the narrative Dems are trying to sell that inflation is being caused by evil corporations and not from them.

Notice how these clowns will never scrutinize government spending?

RMR46

NY Attorney General Scrutinizes UPS Rate Hike - EcommerceBytes

UPS posted its best year ever in 2021 and announced substantial price hikes in 2022, according to the New York Attorney General's office. It is not unusual for regulators to go after manufacturers and retailers, but the NY AG is including shipping firms as part of her investigation into possible "price gouging and pandemic profiteering" announced on Friday.

Online sellers may be wary of investigations into price gouging after some were targeted for raising prices of essential goods in the early days of the pandemic. They may feel they should be able to price their products as they see fit, even for items like face masks and hand sanitizer during a global health crisis.

On the other hand, sellers may welcome scrutiny of shipping carriers' pricing practices. UPS and FedEx have been accused of raising rates in lockstep for many years. Both instituted fuel surcharges, and both generally hike rates by about 5% each January.

RMR46

How much of a raise in pay does the attorney general get New York in the retirement he gets plus with their raping everybody in New York in Taxes