O.K. Has Peak REALLY Begun Where You Are?

MassWineGuy

From what I can learn from drivers there, the Lynnfield, MA center I'd work from as a seasonal driver is getting busy, but not all the routes are even going out as yet. Has peak where you are hit with the insanity we all know and love? I'd like to earn some money this season, but I wonder if I ever will.

J

jibbs

Well, last week I clocked out on Friday with just over 18 hours on my check for 4 days of work.

Today, Wednesday, I clocked out and have 26 hours and some change, and I still have two days of 12:45am start times ahead of me. I'm anticipating 35+ hours at the end of this pay period (as a part-time preloader who's never worked a minute over 25 hours in a week since my employment with UPS began), so yeah, I'm pretty confident in saying that peak's started for some of us.

J

jibbs

Go for it. I don't think making a phone call would hurt your chances of getting put to work at all.

MassWineGuy

It's not as though making a call will cause me to work less than I already am. My supe's out on the road and the center manager didn't pick up his page. I'm never, ever paranoid, but I'm certain that they're both together discussing how to get rid of me. I just know it, I tell ya'.

oldngray

nowhere special
It's not as though making a call will cause me to work less than I already am. My supe's out on the road and the center manager didn't pick up his page. I'm never, ever paranoid, but I'm certain that they're both together discussing how to get rid of me. I just know it, I tell ya'.
You aren't paranoid if everyone really IS out to get you.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
In a center with under 70 routes we have 1200 more STOPS than peak day last year. They were talking like today could be peak day for the year. So yeah I would say peak is here.

MassWineGuy

The safety and health director who trained me for the one week driver training checked and told me:

"They did/have not had the manpower to continue the training needed to keep you out on the road."

For a company that watches every dime it spends, I'm surprised that this was wasn't known when they paid me for the training. So the work is there, just not the management to train me? Hmm. It pretty much sucks, IMHO.

Marne Vet

Over 270 stops today. Taking a ten minute break while my helper hits the restroom. Pieces around 385. Ill screen shot it later. Yeah, peak is in full force!