Obama & GE CEO Jeffery Immelt

Lue C Fur

Evil member
Our Govt helps bail out GE durring the recession.

GE was still doing business with Iran while we hand sanctions against Iran.

Jeffery Immelt (CEO for GE) ships jobs overseas and lays off American workers.

GE supplys our Military with Jet engines and other products.

GE owns 49% (Used to own all but sold 51% to Comcast in January) of NBC.

Jeffery Immelt scolds MSNBC and NBC reporters for any negative reports on Obama.

Obama appoints Jeffery to his "Economic Advisory Council".

Obama wants cap-and-trade, GE wants cap-and-trade.

Obama subsidizes embryonic stem-cell research, GE launches an embryonic stem-cell business.

Obama calls for rail subsidies, GE hires Linda Daschle as a rail lobbyist.

Funny then that Obama says this:

island1fox

President O in bed with selected big business !!! Tell me it ain't so !!!
Thats just my morning caffiene acting up . Goldman Sachs is also tied very tightly to O.

Why do people live in the past or as a justification for something wrong give an example of another something wrong ???
Something WRONG with that !!!

Last edited:

bbsam

Staff member
Relax Island. It's not a justification, it's just how things are. What the corporate oligarchy wants, the corporate oligarchy gets. That's not living in the past. It's realizing that it's always been that way. Besides, who said there was anything wrong with it? Ollie is one of the heroes of the time and even had his own show on Fox.

Lue C Fur

Evil member
It was wrong what Reagan and North did even though they were trying to free hostages...it still was wrong. I guess Obama is not as bad then for just sleeping with Jeffery? It just depends on what your definition of sex is...IS. :peaceful:

bbsam

Staff member
Is is as was was and "outrage" be damned will always be 'til that which was no longer is but one truth is clear: that which could be is not and never will be.

wkmac

Our Govt helps bail out GE durring the recession.

Oh my Padawan Learner, GE and Uncle Sam have been connected at the hip for a long time going back even to the days of Gerard Swope. Learn your corp. history and you just might begin to see another side of "capitalism" and also begin to vocally call out corp. welfare as much as public welfare. Maybe even moreso because you just might see where the ideas of public and corp. welfare really came from to beign with.

It was wrong what Reagan and North did even though they were trying to free hostages...it still was wrong. I guess Obama is not as bad then for just sleeping with Jeffery? It just depends on what your definition of sex is...IS. :peaceful:

Yes it was wrong but especially in the case of North, he went much further than some arms deal for hostages. Go to YouTube and search North, General Secord and the Iran/Contra hearings and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see this went well beyond the Iranians.

The only way to stop someone like Immelt from using his position for influence benefit is to shutoff the corp. welfare spicot. The vast majority of big gov't comes from that alone and not from a bunch of down and outers looking for a handout. When local economic resources are cartelized and then shifted out for corp. central planning benefit, the local consequences of lost resources not from market action but rather via gov't action causes harm that gov't then must compensate for but never at the same level they carved out. If they fail to give back a few crumbs from the table, eventually the serfs wise up and start to revolt against the lords of the manor.
:wink2:

Lue C Fur

Evil member
Oh my Padawan Learner, GE and Uncle Sam have been connected at the hip for a long time going back even to the days of Gerard Swope. Learn your corp. history and you just might begin to see another side of "capitalism" and also begin to vocally call out corp.

No crap Sherlock!!! What gave you the idea that i did not know GE and the Gooberment have been doing bussiness for years. The point is that GE was bailed out and the CEO is in bed with Odrama....Jeesh. Maybe you need to stop reading so deep into things as points pass you by. In addition if you stop writing books that bore everyone to death people would not pass by your posts. You ever heard the term "longwinded"?

wkmac

No crap Sherlock!!! What gave you the idea that i did not know GE and the Gooberment have been doing bussiness for years. The point is that GE was bailed out and the CEO is in bed with Odrama....Jeesh. Maybe you need to stop reading so deep into things as points pass you by. In addition if you stop writing books that bore everyone to death people would not pass by your posts. You ever heard the term "longwinded"?

Never had any reason to think you got past the cartoon section!

bbsam

Staff member
Maybe you need to get out more often. Sitting at home all day typing books and watching movies has turned you brain to mush. Get some fresh air...or maybe a job. :smart:

C'mon Lue. Lighten up. You do seem more swayed by clever cartoons and Fox(caricature of)News than any real indepth study or thought on the issues.:wink2:

wkmac

Maybe you need to get out more often. Sitting at home all day typing books and watching movies has turned you brain to mush. Get some fresh air...or maybe a job. :smart:

Now why would I ever want to go and do a thing like that? You'd miss me!

Is UPS hiring? Put in a good word for me? Please?

Lue C Fur

Evil member
C'mon Lue. Lighten up. You do seem more swayed by clever cartoons and Fox(caricature of)News than any real indepth study or thought on the issues.:wink2:

Hey cartoons and Fox news seems to get the Liberals panties in a wad...plus i need to keep their attention. :wink2:

As far as "Indepth study" goes...writing pages of dribble and not getting to the point is hard for a certain BC member. The comment he made was uncalled for.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Political cartoons can be the most concise visual form of getting a point across. IMO the artists have to be fairly well versed on the issues of the day and be talented enough to express his/her opinion in drawings. A lot of them are very talented and even those into the 'stick figures' can get their ideas across.

Those political cartoons are just as acceptable as a book and require less of my time to get the point the artist was trying to deliver.

bbsam

Staff member
Hey cartoons and Fox news seems to get the Liberals panties in a wad...plus i need to keep their attention. :wink2:

As far as "Indepth study" goes...writing pages of dribble and not getting to the point is hard for a certain BC member. The comment he made was uncalled for.

I'm sorry. All I seem to be able to focus on in your post are the words panties and wad. You have failed to keep my attention on this thread.:happy-very:

bbsam

Staff member
You just need some professional help!

:happy-very:

But I don't want my mind right! As twisted and warped and perverted as it is, it is mine, mine, I tell you! And I'll never conform...unless of course conforming has a six figure income attached to it. Then, of course, I could see my way to being somewhat more malleable. I'm not crazy, you know.:wink2:

wkmac

But I don't want my mind right! As twisted and warped and perverted as it is, it is mine, mine, I tell you! And I'll never conform...unless of course conforming has a six figure income attached to it. Then, of course, I could see my way to being somewhat more malleable. I'm not crazy, you know.:wink2:

LOL! So you admit to being a greedy capitalist whore. For god sake's don't tell Michael Moore!
:wink2: