Obama on Leno

over9five

Staff member
Why did he verbally attack special needs children?

Please don't try to defend his remark. This was obviously a comparison he has used before, and gives us insight into his true character.

drewed

Shankman

Please don't try to defend his remark. This was obviously a comparison he has used before, and gives us insight into his true character.

Im a huge fan of leno, I dont watch every episode but on nbc.com you can stream the episodes for free or if you just want to watch select interviews or what not they have that option as well. I sit on the conservative side of things but Obama is trying to be the peoples president and he has some qualities just like W had that people say oh I can see myslef haveing a beer with him or watching a game or what not. One of Obamas great qualities when it comes to public speaking no one can out do him his candance of speech and his manuerism are very inviting and appealing having said that when it comes to interviews or things that arent prepared he does slip and this was a HUGE slip

diesel96

Since were not allowed to defend his remark....I ask you, "What took you so long to jump on this?"

I mean really, how dare Obama take a break from an economic crash, two wars, unemployment, foreclosures, healthcare, green energy, education, etc....and the nerve of the President filling out March madness brackets on ESPN, going on The Tonight Show w/ Jay Leno while meeting with Gov Arnold "Get to the Choppa" Schwartenegger. There is nothing more important than getting to the bottom of this horrible Presidential bowler who compares himself with special olympics. I'd love to hear your comments of this horrific international incident ..... :peaceful:

Oh BTW....Obama Adm is delivering a $1billion dollars towards special needs children fund, however Conservatives like Special Needs "Mom" Sarah Palin and many on this site supported to veto it.....go figure.

moreluck

golden ticket member
O. just needs to remember where he's at when speaking. When I was a kid, we called people spazzes and retards. That's not P.C. today.

Yeah, he probably talks like that all the time, just needs to keep it in private.....but the more guffaws he makes, the better his chances of not getting re-elected........so, guffaw away, Hussein!!:knockedout:

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Slip after slip. Every time he speaks he hurts someone. I wish he'd shut up for the next four yrs, personally.
He is a nasty vile person, he has no class or respect. He only went on Leno to get attention from some of the people who are not savvy to news, aka what really going on in the world. I rarely watch Leno, but have when Im up, and hes Ok by me, but that is what some people watch and gain their views of the world from.

tieguy

Banned
Since were not allowed to defend his remark....I ask you, "What took you so long to jump on this?"

I mean really, how dare Obama take a break from an economic crash, two wars, unemployment, foreclosures, healthcare, green energy, education, etc....and the nerve of the President filling out March madness brackets on ESPN, going on The Tonight Show w/ Jay Leno while meeting with Gov Arnold "Get to the Choppa" Schwartenegger. There is nothing more important than getting to the bottom of this horrible Presidential bowler who compares himself with special olympics. I'd love to hear your comments of this horrific international incident ..... :peaceful:

Oh BTW....Obama Adm is delivering a $1billion dollars towards special needs children fund, however Conservatives like Special Needs "Mom" Sarah Palin and many on this site supported to veto it.....go figure.

I don't know if the remark was all that big a deal. It does highlight how defenseless Obama can be when he does not have his teleprompter available to tell him exactly what should be said. His staffers should know better then to leave him out there exposed like that. Instead of a live interview on stage they should buzz him in from some room where he can have his trusty telepromter and a staffer holding cue cards to tell him what to say. Everyone knows Obama is totally helpless when left to ad lib.

tieguy

Banned
oh but can you imagine the flak if president bush had made such a comment? you would have had every disabled american support group in the US marching in the streets of DC. Its always nice watching the double standards applied.

browndevil

oh but can you imagine the flak if president bush had made such a comment? you would have had every disabled american support group in the US marching in the streets of DC. Its always nice watching the double standards applied.
The difference being is once Obama realized what he said he immediatly called the chairman of the S.O. and apologized. Something we should all do when we say something which may be offensive. The guy is human, all presidents are he human. God bless him he has a tough row to hoe

over9five

Staff member
As the parent of a special needs child who has participated in the Special Olympics, this comment by our President has hurt me deeply. To verbally disparage innocent children is just disgusting. And it's disgusting (but expected) that you Obamaites are going to give him yet another pass on this.

You have to ask yourself what kind of a person would even think like that. How does a mean spirited comment like that even enter ones head? He's the President. Just because he's a mean spirited little man, you'd still think he should at least act presidential, don't you?

I know President Bush has said a lot of dumb things, but I can't even imagine him saying something like that. Or President Reagan, or President Bush 41, or President Clinton.

He can apologize all he wants, but he's made his true character crystal clear.

moreluck

golden ticket member
The correct expression is, of course, “a tough row to hoe,” and it refers to hoeing rows on a farm. To have a “tough” or “hard” or “long” or “difficult” row to hoe means to have a daunting task to perform.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
As the parent of a special needs child who has participated in the Special Olympics, this comment by our President has hurt me deeply. To verbally disparage innocent children is just disgusting. And it's disgusting (but expected) that you Obamaites are going to give him yet another pass on this.

You have to ask yourself what kind of a person would even think like that. How does a mean spirited comment like that even enter ones head? He's the President. Just because he's a mean spirited little man, you'd still think he should at least act presidential, don't you?

I know President Bush has said a lot of dumb things, but I can't even imagine him saying something like that. Or President Reagan, or President Bush 41, or President Clinton.

He can apologize all he wants, but he's made his true character crystal clear.
I remember in one of the earlier threads we had on here regarding gay marriage, someone said some pretty vile and disgusting things about gay people. I would link to those comments, but they were so vile and disgusting that Cheryl herself deleted them. Whatever else you might think about Obama, at least he had the awareness (even if it was just "political" awareness) to realize that what he said was wrong and apologize for it.

Overpaid Union Thug

I don't know if the remark was all that big a deal. It does highlight how defenseless Obama can be when he does not have his teleprompter available to tell him exactly what should be said. His staffers should know better then to leave him out there exposed like that. Instead of a live interview on stage they should buzz him in from some room where he can have his trusty telepromter and a staffer holding cue cards to tell him what to say. Everyone knows Obama is totally helpless when left to ad lib.

Exactly right! No teleprompter for Obama = his own foot in his mouth.

Not just the disabled support groups though. Every liberal media outlet would have been on him before he even finished forming the words.

over9five

Staff member
I remember in one of the earlier threads we had on here regarding gay marriage, someone said some pretty vile and disgusting things about gay people....

But that wasn't the President of the United States of America saying those vile and disgusting things about gay people on some insignificant thread, was it?

In this case, President Barack Obama, Leader of the Free World, went on national tv and cut down disabled children. I don't see the connection you're trying to make. It's a pretty huge difference.

Yeah, he apologized, blah blah blah. I would suggest that is an analogy he probably uses a lot, and shows us the true nature of the man.

In our huge apathy, we are giving too many politicians a pass.
We should not give a pass to the idiot who said AIG execs should commit suicide.
We should not give a pass to the idiot who wants to unConstitutinally tax the bonus babies at 1000%.
We should not give a pass to the President of the United States when he verbally assaults children.

drewed

Shankman
But that wasn't the President of the United States of America saying those vile and disgusting things about gay people on some insignificant thread, was it?

In this case, President Barack Obama, Leader of the Free World, went on national tv and cut down disabled children. I don't see the connection you're trying to make. It's a pretty huge difference.

Yeah, he apologized, blah blah blah. I would suggest that is an analogy he probably uses a lot, and shows us the true nature of the man.

We should not give a pass to the idiot who said AIG execs should commit suicide.
We should not give a pass to the idiot who wants to unConstitutinally tax the bonus babies at 1000%.
We should not give a pass to the President of the United States when he verbally assaults children.
As much as I dont like Obama and the dems, the 90% tax bill was a ballsy move, not very legal probably will end up going to the supreme court over the constitutionality of it but i like it.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member

I'm not giving anyone a pass, I think what Obama said was inexcusable. I was responding, in particular, to this:

over9five said:
You have to ask yourself what kind of a person would even think like that. How does a mean spirited comment like that even enter ones head?

That's pretty much what I thought when I read what you had to say about gay people.

Why should bigotry should be anymore acceptable from a truckdriver than a president? Like I said, at least Obama had the prescence of mind to realize what he said was wrong and hurtful and apologize for it.

over9five

Staff member
But I'm not the President!

Hell, Jones you're probably right. Sensitive area for me, I guess.
As always, I respect your posts and thoughts.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
But I'm not the President!

Hell, Jones you're probably right. Sensitive area for me, I guess.
As always, I respect your posts and thoughts.

I can probably count on one finger the number of times I've read that on these boards :happy-very:. If you can just teach my wife to say that you will be forever redeemed in my eyes. And kudos to you for being the caring parent of a special needs child, I think that's one of the greatest challenges anyone can face.

diesel96

O. just needs to remember where he's at when speaking. When I was a kid, we called people spazzes and retards. That's not P.C. today.

Yeah, he probably talks like that all the time, just needs to keep it in private.....but the more guffaws he makes, the better his chances of not getting re-elected........so, guffaw away, Hussein!!:knockedout:

Give him a mulligan.....he had a Biden moment....:wink2:

Slip after slip. Every time he speaks he hurts someone. I wish he'd shut up for the next four yrs, personally.
He is a nasty vile person, he has no class or respect. He only went on Leno to get attention from some of the people who are not savvy to news, aka what really going on in the world. I rarely watch Leno, but have when Im up, and hes Ok by me, but that is what some people watch and gain their views of the world from.

Nasty, vile, classless, respectless, attention getter for the Tonight show's clueless audience....geez, take 10 deeps breaths ToonerII, and schedule a massage, you seem all wound up :angry-very2:

Trusty telepromter, and Cue Cards?
So being that he's done more press conferences, interviews, and town hall meetings than any other President in his short tenure, does that strengthen your argument.... Or did you mean to say "rusty" telepromter ?

"tough row to hoe"

with a tough ho in tow !!

Becareful with Michele....see the arms (guns) on that woman ...
btw...you might want to join Tooner, and schedule a massage also....man, tough crowd

Over9/5....Obama was making fun of himself in poor taste. He was not attacking the children. Why are you taking this gaff and amplifying it for reason of impeachment. Sorry it has hit home for you and understand you take it as a low blow, but you have not acknowledge or given any accolades to the man who pushed for the unprecedented funds being readily available for the special needs children for the next five years.