Obama - Popularity versus Creditability - Honeymoon winding down?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Popularity versus Creditability seems to be the talking point on Meet The Press and other talk shows on TV.
These are your normal liberal/Democratic pundits that were peeing in their pants every time Obama's name was mentioned.
Is the honeymoon winding down?

moreluck

golden ticket member
Obama appointee takes leave after raid

posted at 9:31 am on March 13, 2009 by Ed Morrissey

Yesterday, the FBI raided the offices of Vivek Kundra, Barack Obama’s appointee as Chief Information Officer for his administration, in a bribery sting that netted two arrests, including one of Kundra’s top aides. Kundra has apparently decided to spend some time with his family, as the White House announced that he would take a leave of absence from the job he just started:
An aide to President Barack Obama is on leave from his White House job after the FBI raided his old District of Columbia government office Thursday, arresting a city employee and a technology consultant on corruption charges, a White House official said.
The charges were lodged against the two men at a federal court hearing as the FBI finished searching the city’s technology office, which was led until recently by Obama’s new computer chief, Vivek Kundra.
Kundra is on leave from his White House job until further details of the case become known, according to a White House official speaking on condition of anonymity because the official did not want to publicly discuss personnel matters.
The Washington Post also reports (oddly, in its Metro section) that the probe involved “ghost workers” and kickbacks for contracts. While Kundra so far has not been named as a target in the probe, one has to wonder how the man who runs an agency can be ignorant of “ghost workers”:
Federal authorities said the conspiracy, which operated for at least a year, worked like this:
Acar approved work with a vendor, such as Bansal’s AITC, to arrange the purchase of goods such as software. The vendor ordered fewer items but billed the District for a larger amount. Bansal, Acar and others then split the proceeds, FBI officials said.
Acar also approved fraudulent time sheets for nonexistent employees, Sekela wrote. Acar and the others split the proceeds paid by the D.C. government, Sekela alleged.
Authorities traced more than $200,000 in payments last year from Bansal’s firm to a private company, Circle Networks Inc. The firm is co-owned by Acar, even though he is prohibited from having an interest in any company doing business with the city, Sekela wrote. Circle Networks generated about $2.2 million in revenue through D.C. government contracts, the agent wrote.
Again, Kundra himself hasn’t been implicated in wrongdoing, but it does raise the question of exactly what Kundra did as the head of DC’s technology office. Acar worked as Kundra’s aide, and at best one can say that Acar managed to run this ring right under Kundra’s nose. Kundra had to approve, explicitly or tacitly, the payroll for the agency, which employed less than 300 people. Any competent chief executive of a firm that size would know how many employees worked for him and how much they cost; in fact, it would be one of the primary issues on their agenda.
And what happened to auditors? Government agencies are supposed to audit their records to keep them accountable. Washington DC is accountable directly to Congress and is run out of the federal system. Presumably, Kundra would work with auditors and the Inspector General to maintain accountability. Either Kundra dropped the ball here, too, or Congress needs to look into the system to find out what went wrong.
The best we can say about Vivek Kundra in this episode is that he’s incompetent as an executive, which thus far puts him at the same level of accomplishment as the man who hired him to work in the White House.

drewed

Shankman
Obamas first 100 and Bushs are drastically different, Bush had a full cabinet of vetted members, Obamas been burning through them quicker then he can name them. Bush was expanding his foreign policy exp, Obama has closed those thoughts from his mind. Bush relied on his advisors, Obama trys to do everything himself...which I think may lead to a heart attack honestly....

Babagounj

Strength through joy
As long as the media continues their love affair with O, most people will never fully learn what is actually going on.
Just how many free passes will they continue to give him ?
I believe that O has already lost that 4% edge he got in the election, quite a few of the naive idealists have woken up & have seen how badly they were used.

chev

Nightcrawler
The reason for this decline most likely has to do with doubts about the administration's policies and their impact on peoples' lives.
:wink2: Some people are waking up and finally seeing the truth. That is encouraging.

Overpaid Union Thug

It doesn't really matter because the general public will still continue to be naive enough to actually believe that the recession is the fault of the Bush administration instead of those that are truly at fualt such as the dumb bi#$%#s like the one I saw on CNN while on lunch break in McDonalds the other day. The NAACP is suing Wells Fargo because of racism regarding their loans and the lady was supposed to be an example of that. Turns out she knowingly signed the paper work even though it stated that she would be paying 11% interest on the mortgage!!!!!! She was on giving her sob story and some BS reason why she signed the paper work anyway and all I could think to myself was that its people like her across the country that caused all of this. I hate the NAACP. They are a joke.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Hmmm...If our economy is really such a joke that it's been brought to it's knees by a bunch of women who have trouble reading bank paperwork, we might be in bigger trouble than I thought :surprised:
Your story reminded me of Lucky Ducky.

browndevil

It doesn't really matter because the general public will still continue to be naive enough to actually believe that the recession is the fault of the Bush administration instead of those that are truly at fualt such as the dumb bi#$%#s like the one I saw on CNN while on lunch break in McDonalds the other day. The NAACP is suing Wells Fargo because of racism regarding their loans and the lady was supposed to be an example of that. Turns out she knowingly signed the paper work even though it stated that she would be paying 11% interest on the mortgage!!!!!! She was on giving her sob story and some BS reason why she signed the paper work anyway and all I could think to myself was that its people like her across the country that caused all of this. I hate the NAACP. They are a joke.
What a joke. I was out hiking today with an executive with Wells Fargo who who telling me that class action law suit has no legs and will never see the courtroom. Wells Fargo Bank is a well respected bank and is doing very well in these economic times. Other banks should model their loan practices after them.
On a sidebar, Friday I had to work a $34 dollar DFU ( which turned out to be a positive ) I was kinda groaning a little bit to my OMS. UPS is gonna pay me $28 an hour to recover $34. She was telling me we are seeing a spike in claims now b/c of the economy. People are trying all means to get money. So it got me thinking about the possibility of bikes or peds running into our vehicles and sueing UPS anything to get $$$$
Sorry to hijack your thread :(

Overpaid Union Thug

Hmmm...If our economy is really such a joke that it's been brought to it's knees by a bunch of women who have trouble reading bank paperwork, we might be in bigger trouble than I thought

She didn't have any trouble reading the paperwork. She understood it but signed it anyway. That is the problem. Now she is crying racism. She is not the only fool though. There are thousands more just like her. Some just happen to be black and have the race card as a possible additional way out of paying their mortgages. So much for personal responsiblity.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
What a joke. I was out hiking today with an executive with Wells Fargo who who telling me that class action law suit has no legs and will never see the courtroom. Wells Fargo Bank is a well respected bank and is doing very well in these economic times. Other banks should model their loan practices after them.
On a sidebar, Friday I had to work a $34 dollar DFU ( which turned out to be a positive ) I was kinda groaning a little bit to my OMS. UPS is gonna pay me $28 an hour to recover $34. She was telling me we are seeing a spike in claims now b/c of the economy. People are trying all means to get money. So it got me thinking about the possibility of bikes or peds running into our vehicles and sueing UPS anything to get $$$$
Sorry to hijack your thread :(
Wells Fargo actually has my mortgage, for the moment anyway. It's been sold at least twice in the last five years.

Overpaid Union Thug

Wells Fargo actually has my mortgage, for the moment anyway. It's been sold at least twice in the last five years.

Wells Fargo here too. Mine was sold twice during the first two weeks after we moved in our house. I have near perfect credit but the best interest rate at the time (late last summer) was 6.5%. I was scared rates were going to start going up again so I took it. Well, they did the opposite and now people with poor credit are getting better rates than I have. It's too early to refinance but you can bet your arse that I will be refinancing with USAA the second I'm eligible.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
The company says it was unaware of the possible racist overtones of the product.

LOL - Fried Chicken has racist overtones? Never heard of that one ... must be a Northern thing.
I grew up in the South - Fried Chicken is one of the major food groups for everyone.

That's just too absurd! :surprised:

drewed

Shankman
Its a German company....and they have the Golden Gate bridge.....what looks to be some sort of curry based dipping sauce.... and chicken FINGERS, if that doesnt scream straight blacl man.....i dont know what does ;)

Babagounj

Strength through joy
We are not making this up:
Barack Obama was elected commander in chief promising to run the most transparent presidential administration in American history.
This achievement and the overall promise of his historic administration caused the National Newspaper Publishers Assn. to name him "Newsmaker of the Year."
The president is to receive the award from the federation of black community newspapers in a White House ceremony this afternoon.
The Obama White House has closed the press award ceremony to the press.
From the president's official schedule:
"Later in the afternoon, the President and the First Lady will attend a reception with the National Newspaper Publisher Association in the State Dining Room, where they will be presented the Newsmaker of the Year award. This event is closed press."
Maybe they'll let the newspaper people pass the award through the fence.
-- Andrew Malcolm

tieguy

Banned
As long as the media continues their love affair with O, most people will never fully learn what is actually going on.
Just how many free passes will they continue to give him ?
I believe that O has already lost that 4% edge he got in the election, quite a few of the naive idealists have woken up & have seen how badly they were used.

the media can't last much longer. They're inherently evil and its only a matter of time before they start feasting on thier own kind.

chev

Nightcrawler
:wink2: I got a kick out of this cartoon.

oops.jpg

Sammie

I worry about overexposure before the 100 days are up.

Too much too fast?

Guest spot on ESPN

The repeated commercials for O's plates, coins, license plates...

The Tonight Show last week. Open mouth and insert half his body
with the "Special Olympics" line. Very Nice. And that "being in Washington was a little like "American Idol," the only problem being
that "everyone is Simon Cowell." "

O., remember next time that Jay's the funny guy.

60 Minutes with Steve Kroft, the second stop of his comedy tour,
where the host asked O. if he was punch drunk due to all the good
humor about today's problems.

What's going on here? Why's the guy trying so hard?

Whoa Nellie.jpg