Obama telling lies in the state of the union speech

tieguy

Banned
Hoax it is a shocker.:happy-very:

I expect politicians will take liberties with the truth. Lord knows Obama has not dissapointed. what was somewhat surprising was that he would use the state of the union speech to offer up a lie that was so easily verifiable. It took the press minutes to refute this one.:peaceful:

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Hoax it is a shocker.:happy-very:

I expect politicians will take liberties with the truth. Lord knows Obama has not dissapointed. what was somewhat surprising was that he would use the state of the union speech to offer up a lie that was so easily verifiable. It took the press minutes to refute this one.:peaceful:
Well I know it was not anyone from NBC. I heard Chris Matthews could not walk for hours because of the tremblings going up and down his legs.

unionman

Still, open government groups have given Obama high marks for reducing the number of lobbyists at the White House and for making the process more transparent than other administrations.

"I think that by any fair measure ... the reported number is certainly much fewer," said Meredith McGehee, policy director for the Campaign Legal Center. "In fact, I'd say the waivers are good. It allows them to go in and say, 'Here's someone we think has unique skills.' "

One of the first Obama appointees to get a waiver was William J. Lynn to be deputy secretary of defense, the No. 2 position at the Pentagon. Lynn was a Raytheon lobbyist for six years, lobbying extensively on a broad range of defense-related issues.

Jocelyn Frye, director of policy and projects in the Office of the First Lady, also got a waiver. Previously, Frye lobbied for the National Partnership for Women and Families from 2001 to 2008. The organization advocates for fairness in the workplace, access to health care and "policies that help women and men meet the dual demands of work and family."

And Cecilia Muñoz, director of intergovernmental affairs in the Executive Office of the President, manages the White House's relationships with state and local governments and is a principal liaison to the Hispanic community. Formerly, Muñoz formerly lobbied for National Council of La Raza, a Hispanic civil rights and advocacy organization.

The White House has issued seven waivers to its ethics rules, which apply to lobbyists as well as to people who served as officers and directors of a company or organization. And agencies have issued 15. The White House has said these waivers are quite rare -- less than 1 percent of the thousands of appointments that have been made.

WOW, A WHOLE 1 PERCENTCAN STAY WITH WAIVERS. Do you even read what you post? He is changing Washington for the better.

unionman

We rated that one a Promise Broken because his policy has substantial loopholes that have allowed Obama to essentially decide when he wants to ignore the rule.

your laughable. He even stated last night that he wanted lobbiest stay out of government and proposed that laws be created to do just that. What the hell do you want?

tieguy

Banned
Also from ABC News:

"
But the president waived the rule for Deputy Defense Secretary William Lynn, who was a registered lobbyist for the defense contractor Raytheon before being appointed in January.
U.S. Trade Representative Ron Kirk was a lobbyist for investment bank Merrill Lynch & Co., Inc., and law and lobbying firm Vinson & Elkins LLP in Austin, Texas.
The Obama administration has granted waivers for additional officials who had previously worked as lobbyists. In February, the administration signed waivers for Jocelyn Frye, former general counsel at the National Partnership for Women & Families, and Cecilia Muñoz, the former senior vice president for the National Council of La Raza, allowing them to work on issues for which they lobbied"

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/Stat...sident-obamas-address/story?id=9680549&page=2

unionman

The White House has said these waivers are quite rare -- less than 1 percent of the thousands of appointments that have been made.

Wow 1 percent. Don't worry he will get the few that slipped through this year.

unionman

You libs are so quick to do your masters bidding that you continously walk into my swinging door.

ROFLMAO

What didn't you like about the speech? The tax cuts, deficit reduction,lobbiests out of washington, a bi-partisan health care bill, or was it just that he sounded like he was trying to get those idiots we call congress to help the country and put politics a side?

tieguy

Banned
I enjoyed watching Pelosi jump up like she was wired to a cattle prod.
I've seen too many politicians lie to the public to "enjoy" this speech.
I think Obama comes across as arrogant. He honestly acts like he thinks the public is stupid.
My biggest question in my mind is where was he the last year if he has now discovered that there is a job problem.
my second biggest question listening to constant references about "being rescued from the brink of disaster" was does the group in that capital last night realize they were the ones that destroyed this economy minus GW and ted kennedy?

unionman

I hate Pelosi too. I think the all of congress needs to be thrown out. Doesn't change the fact that this country is in deep trouble and things have to change.

diesel96

I enjoyed watching Pelosi jump up like she was wired to a cattle prod.

I enjoy watching republicans fret over Pelosi, she must be doing her job well. Reminds me of UPS management grading system. The more hourlies file grievances on a manager the better his promotion chances increase...

I've seen too many politicians lie to the public to "enjoy" this speech.

Yet you use to watch Ron Reagan speeches with some K-gel and a towel.

I think Obama comes across as arrogant. He honestly acts like he thinks the public is stupid.

47% of the public is stupid. Those who voted McCain.

My biggest question in my mind is where was he the last year if he has now discovered that there is a job problem.

Last year was about putting the brakes on a 2nd "Great Depression" thanks to the GOP idiots who handed the baton to the new President....and said here "fix our country".

my second biggest question listening to constant references about "being rescued from the brink of disaster" was does the group in that capital last night realize they were the ones that destroyed this economy minus GW and ted kennedy?

The economic freefall ultimately stops at the President's desk at the time of diseaster (GW). Your fixation on the 110th Congress being totally at fault has been busted over and over again.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
95 year old Vet open letter to Obama "I can't figure out what country you are the President of"

by DefendUSx January 28, 2010 14:58 From KITV
My name is Harold Estes, approaching 95 on December 13 of this year. People meeting me for the first time don't believe my age because I remain wrinkle free and pretty much mentally alert.

I enlisted in the U.S. Navy in 1934 and served proudly before, during and after WW II retiring as a Master Chief Bos'n Mate. Now I live in a "rest home" located on the western end of Pearl Harbor, allowing me to keep alive the memories of 23 years of service to my country.

One of the benefits of my age, perhaps the only one, is to speak my mind, blunt and direct even to the head man. So here goes.

I am amazed, angry and determined not to see my country die before I do, but you seem hell bent not to grant me that wish.

I can't figure out what country you are the president of.

You fly around the world telling our friends and enemies despicable lies like: "We're no longer a Christian nation" "America is arrogant" -- (Your wife even announced to the world, "America is mean- spirited." Please tell her to try preaching that nonsense to 23 generations of our war dead buried all over the globe who died for no other reason than to free a whole lot of strangers from tyranny and hopelessness.)

I'd say shame on the both of you, but I don’t think you like America, nor do I see an ounce of gratefulness in anything you do, for the obvious gifts this country has given you. To be without shame or gratefulness is a dangerous thing for a man sitting in the White House.

After 9/11 you said, "America hasn’t lived up to her ideals."

Which ones did you mean? Was it the notion of personal liberty that 11,000 farmers and shopkeepers died for to win independence from the British? Or maybe the ideal that no man should be a slave to another man, that 500,000 men died for in the Civil War? I hope you didn't mean the ideal 470,000 fathers, brothers, husbands, and a lot of fellas I knew personally died for in WWII, because we felt real strongly about not letting any nation push us around, because we stand for freedom.

I don't think you mean the ideal that says equality is better than discrimination. You know the one that a whole lot of white people understood when they helped to get you elected.

Take a little advice from a very old geezer, young man.

Shape up and start acting like an American. If you don't, I'll do what I can to see you get shipped out of that fancy rental on Pennsylvania Avenue. You were elected to lead not to bow, apologize and kiss the hands of murderers and corrupt leaders who still treat their people like slaves.

And just who do you think you are telling the American people not to jump to conclusions and condemn that Muslim major who killed 13 of his fellow soldiers and wounded dozens more. You mean you don’t want us to do what you did when that white cop used force to subdue that black college professor in Massachusetts, who was putting up a fight? You don’t mind offending the police calling them stupid but you don’t want us to offend Muslim fanatics by calling them what they are, terrorists.

One more thing. I realize you never served in the military and never had to defend your country with your life, but you're the Commander-in-Chief now, son. Do your job. When your battle-hardened field General asks you for 40,000 more troops to complete the mission, give them to him. But if you're not in this fight to win, then get out. The life of one American soldier is not worth the best political strategy you're thinking of.

You could be our greatest president because you face the greatest challenge ever presented to any president.

You're not going to restore American greatness by bringing back our bloated economy. That's not our greatest threat. Losing the heart and soul of who we are as Americans is our big fight now.

And I sure as hell don't want to think my president is the enemy in this final battle.

Sincerely,
Harold B. Estes

tieguy

Banned

Hey diesel I'm looking but don't see where you tell us who left you and harry reid in charge of the black experience?

roflmao